Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

40 63.49%
  • No

23 36.51%
Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566
    vCash
    Franson would be smart to put his name on a contract asap. He hasn't earned himself anything yet other than a shot. So what if you sit in the pressbox and watch every once in awhile on a 1 way contract, you're still making a boat load of cash pal! I can understand his desire to play and respect that, but he hasn't separated himself from the pack yet to be considered a sure thing.

vCash
    Apparently he lives in kelowna...ill go have a chat with him

vCash
    I think Holzer sticks too. I think he could turn out to be a more physical Gunnarsson.

I wouldn't hate seeing this next year. I think Komi can do much better playing with Gardiner and under coach Randy's system. At least increase his value so maybe someone may take a chance on him at the deadline. Saying that, I really don't see how he could do any worse lol. Maybe now that he's married (over the weekend) his game will pick up like Grabbo's did when he had a baby. Will be interesting.

Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
    Gardiner - Komisarek
    Liles - Holzer

vCash
    I think by the Leafs signing Holzer to a one-way contract yesterday shows that they really want him to challenge for Schenn's roster spot. Does this pave the way for a trade of either Komisarek or Franson?

vCash
    I think Franson is gone. I hope they get something for him.

"Hey Dad. Whatever. Keep cheering." - Mo' Riles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    If he goes they will. He's still an RFA IIRC.

vCash
    I know this makes me sound like a dumb arse lol. But what the hell does IIRC stand for? Hahah ahhh I'm a champ.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    I know this makes me sound like a dumb arse lol. But what the hell does IIRC stand for? Hahah ahhh I'm a champ.
    If I remember correctly...

And yes, Franson is a RFA

Gibbons reaction to the Adam Lind trade

Have an opening in my Head to Head Fantasy Baseball league (dynasty). Please PM me if interested or want to see available rosters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TravisB View Post
    If he goes they will. He's still an RFA IIRC.
    If Burke gets frustrated can't he pull the RFA offer? Because Franson COULD screw us by sitting out a year if he really wanted. I doubt it happens though

"Hey Dad. Whatever. Keep cheering." - Mo' Riles

vCash
    It's starting to look that way, It's a shame though, I would have loved to kept him. I would take him over Gunnarson any day to be honest.

vCash
    If Burke gets frustrated can't he pull the RFA offer? Because Franson COULD screw us by sitting out a year if he really wanted. I doubt it happens though
    He could, but he'd be an idiot to do that and risk losing out on potential millions. He'd probably fetch 1.5 - 2 mill on the open market right now, if he sat out he'd be lucky to get 1 mil per year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo View Post
    It's starting to look that way, It's a shame though, I would have loved to kept him. I would take him over Gunnarson any day to be honest.
    There may very well come a day when a fella might take Franson over Gunnarsson but certainly not right now. Not if you're the Leafs anyways. The poor kid has to play 20-25 minutes a night with our no motor skills captain and cover his arse which is alot easier said than done when you're talking about a D man who pinches and then doesn't back check. Franson's upside may be higher but he's hasn't done anything to reach it yet. Gunnar is also a far far superior skater. He's no star mind you but he's an incredibly under rated player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    There may very well come a day when a fella might take Franson over Gunnarsson but certainly not right now. Not if you're the Leafs anyways. The poor kid has to play 20-25 minutes a night with our no motor skills captain and cover his arse which is alot easier said than done when you're talking about a D man who pinches and then doesn't back check. Franson's upside may be higher but he's hasn't done anything to reach it yet. Gunnar is also a far far superior skater. He's no star mind you but he's an incredibly under rated player.
    I don't disagree at all with that. I mainly base my opinion on the fact that we have a lot of guys like Gunnarson already and not many with Franson's size, sure we have Komi... But I'm not even going to go there lol. I think this could hurt us in the Future when Franson becomes a very good defenceman starting elsewhere.

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566