63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

40 63.49%
  • No

23 36.51%
Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    i posted this in another thread but :

Francois Allaire was his personal goalie coach growing up, and with the Florida Panthers when they were trying to resign him he made three demands 1) allaire be hired 2) the same back-up be resigned 3) that he woulf not be traded until his NTC came into effect. FLA said ok to number 2 and 3 but jacques martin said no to alliare. he didnt like him, and the guy who back up martin? mike keenan the guy who just ripped on burke and his goaltending "guru".

Then he was traded (some say he forced it) to van in the worst deal i've seen, and he demanded allaire be hired. They couldnt do it ( i think that the burke fued with van was still on then) so they signed him to that contract.

I didnt just make that up, i read howard bergers blog and he made that link and a few google searches gave me this info. I think even spector and tsn have articles linking the 2.

"Hey Dad. Whatever. Keep cheering." - Mo' Riles

vCash
    In September 2011, Luongo was inducted into the Italian Walk of Fame in Toronto, Ontario.

WTF! lmao. Spector just tweeted this

vCash
    [QUOTE=OptiMized;21832631

vans tougher on player then we are. 1 good game and he's a god(here), but over there he plays 79 good games and 3 ****** games and he's the worst goalie on earth.

He's gone 100%. they're already talking about how its schnieders team now. Friedman himself said there was NO chance that luo starts another game unless schnieder is drunk in a ditch somewhere.

Luo gets this team to the playoffs. nuff said.
    Playoffs are a whole different story. i just want playoff hockey.[/QUOTE]

I want playoff hockey, but Luo isn't the answer. I don't want a goalie that'll get us there and fold because he can't handle high pressure games. Gold medal game doesn't count, we could have easily lost because he couldn't hold on for 20 seconds at the end of regulation. Vancouver praised him when they were still building because he was a major improvement and he helped the team get better. Now that they have all the skill in the world to be able to win a cup, he can't deliver, and of course fans aren't happy with him. They made it to the show, made it to game 7 and he played like it was a preseason game. Like I said, there's a reason Schneider is in, the kid can deliver consistently and under pressure.

Vancouver isn't as bad as Toronto there isn't a thousand articles and trade rumors generated everyday, nor do they have to deal with a playoff like media scrum at games and practices. He would fold in Toronto.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TravisB View Post
    I want playoff hockey, but Luo isn't the answer. I don't want a goalie that'll get us there and fold because he can't handle high pressure games. Gold medal game doesn't count, we could have easily lost because he couldn't hold on for 20 seconds at the end of regulation. Vancouver praised him when they were still building because he was a major improvement and he helped the team get better. Now that they have all the skill in the world to be able to win a cup, he can't deliver, and of course fans aren't happy with him. They made it to the show, made it to game 7 and he played like it was a preseason game. Like I said, there's a reason Schneider is in, the kid can deliver consistently and under pressure.

Vancouver isn't as bad as Toronto there isn't a thousand articles and trade rumors generated everyday, nor do they have to deal with a playoff like media scrum at games and practices. He would fold in Toronto.
    I lol'd at these parts. not at you, just at the high pressure stuff. I know what you are saying but i respectfully disagree, luo may not be the future #1 goalie because of his age but look at those two arguments you made. He's been to the cup final and played in a gold medal game with every hockey fan in north america watching him.

Now i'm not saying luos the saviour here, but he's a goalie that can steal you games and give you a chance to win. We need that. And as for Luo folding in the playoffs, i think its safe to say that last year their whole team folded and looked horrible at times and luo wasn't the worst player on that team. he might have even been the best.

I like luo because he's an elite tender, it scares the **** outta me because i know he sucks against Boston but if luo or kipper are avaible i hope burke goes after it.

vCash
    Not a chance he comes to Toronto with that contract and Burke running the show. If the contract was maybe 3 years, I wouldn't mind bringing him in FOR FREE. But since we also have to give up assets to get him, I just don't think it would be worth it. Teams try to avoid paying goalies big money and long term. Diepietro, Bryzgalov and Luongo are prime examples of why not to

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    No way Burke should go after Bobby Lou...his age plus length of contract should be enough to keep every team away from him.

vCash
    Don't get em wrong Luongo is a top 10 goalie in the league, top 5 when he is on his game. His playoff struggles **** him over though
    **** SIGS

vCash
    This is a bad contract and Burke won't touch it.

If it were for a small price, I'd explore it, ya. He'd be nice to have but I think there's just as many negatives than positives (if not more).

Good:
    - Stats
    - Experience
    - Leadership (great role model for Reimer)

Bad:
    - Cap hit
    - Length of contract
    - Giving up the farm to get him

Not worth it really. But I think it depends what we would have to give up.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    I don't think the Leafs would have to give up the farm to get him...I think Vancouver would be more than happy with the cap space alone...they are a team that UFAs would love to go to...imagine if Parise or Suter went there instead of Bobb Lou

vCash
    At this point I'd rather try to get Vokoun as a free agent. With the way Holtby's playing for washington, and the fact they have Neuvirth who looks promising I doubt Vokoun is resigned. It's a little risky considering Vokoun's injury this year and the fact that he's getting up their in age, but the guy is pretty consistent and should at least stabilize our goalie situation for the next couple of years. It buys us time to find out what Reimer's got or to develop another prospect.

vCash
    11 straight seasons with a save % over .910

This season had an even strength save % of .931

You'd be crazy not to

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    11 straight seasons with a save % over .910

This season had an even strength save % of .931

You'd be crazy not to
    He's so good but you wanna trade him Carson lol. Take a good goalie in Lou and put him behind a D group that's been horrible for years as well as a terrible PK and suddenly you've got a below average starting goalie signed into his 40's which is actually the biggest issue I see. Burke doesn't even sign players for more than 5 years, he's not gonna take on that contract.

vCash
    lou and vans second for komi?

vCash
    Why would they want Komisarek?

I certainly wouldn't trade for Luongo at all. No way. I'd wait to see if the one time buyout deal happens and then make a pitch for him as a FA. Even then he'd probably end up getting more years than he would here so it probably wouldn't happen. We shouldn't deal assets to obtain Luongo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeysnow14 View Post
    This is a bad contract and Burke won't touch it.

If it were for a small price, I'd explore it, ya. He'd be nice to have but I think there's just as many negatives than positives (if not more).

Good:
    - Stats
    - Experience
    - Leadership (great role model for Reimer)

Bad:
    - Cap hit
    - Length of contract
    - Giving up the farm to get him

Not worth it really. But I think it depends what we would have to give up.
    i think ur bang on with those.

only two differences imo:

1) caphit. thats actually very nice for a goalie of his calibre. If the canucks had him at 5.3 for the next 5 years, the whole league would drool over that. Only minus for me is the years, but i can live with that beacuse its kinda like a 6 year deal because no way luo plays until he's 43 and no way he only plays for $1M. i think he'll retire before year7

2) Give up the farm. I think a deal would include schenn and maybe gunnarson. If i were to through out a deal for luo i'd go : Schenn, and our second for Luo and Raymond. Van will most likely try to unload both (raymond was rumoured in all van deals at the deadline). I'd give that up and a little bit more but not much.

Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast