Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Like Keith Jones said, an ot win gave us confidence and turned the momentum in the Boston series. What does a 10-3 win do? Idk and we will find out but if the Pens win game 5 then this series is far from over. If Grossman is out for a while we are screwed too. But all those statements are "ifs" so I am not concerned until it actually occurs. I am more worried about getting Gross being out than Bryz to be honest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    This. People are panicking too much.
    You're certainly entitled to your opinion sir.

I think after a loss in which we allowed 10 goals, it's a big deal when our $51 million goaltender isn't going to play going into the next game for two reasons:

1. Pittsburgh gained momentum last night. If Bryz doesn't play in game 5, they'll have momentum while facing a backup goaltender who has been between the pipes 5 times in the last 30 games in Bob, OR an AHL'er who (as was said earlier) gave up quite possibly the worst Stanley Cup winning goal in history. I don't like our odds there, and I haven't forgotten what we did to Boston.

2. Say we win tomorrow without Bryz, what does it do going forward for his confidence if he gets outplayed by a backup to end the series?

That's how I look at the situation. If he plays and plays well, your criticism of me was justified. If he doesn't play, well, this wasn't an overreaction.

Time will tell. Keeping my fingers crossed that he left practice of his own volition because he / the coaching staff felt 10 minutes was enough.
    Last edited by IWantPizza; 04-19-2012 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Misspelling.
    The Squads:
    Flyers - Phillies - Eagles - 76ers

...did anyone bring pizza?

vCash
    I am sorry but there is no way Leighton can get the job done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IWantPizza View Post
    You're certainly entitled to your opinion sir.

I think after a loss in which we allowed 10 goals, it's a big deal when our $51 million goaltender isn't going to play going into the next game for two reasons:

1. Pittsburgh gained momentum last night. If Bryz doesn't play in game 5, they'll have momentum while facing a backup goaltender who has been between the pipes 5 times in the last 30 games in Bob, OR an AHL'er who (as was said earlier) gave up quite possibly the worst Stanley Cup winning goal in history. I don't like our odds there, and I haven't forgotten what we did to Boston.

2. Say we win tomorrow without Bryz, what does it do going forward for his confidence if he gets outplayed by a backup to end the series?

That's how I look at the situation. If he plays and plays well, your criticism of me was justified. If he doesn't play, well, this wasn't an overreaction.

Time will tell. Keeping my fingers crossed that he left practice of his own volition because he / the coaching staff felt 10 minutes was enough.

where are you getting this from?

why is Bryz all of a sudden not starting tomorrow? is someone telling you this? because whoever it is, unless it's Lavy himself, is dead wrong.

barring some kind of epic, HUMANGOUS BIG collapse, Bryz is the goalie tomorrow, and will be for as long as the Flyers are in the playoffs. has he played well? he's made some big saves, but overall, no. can he turn it around? absolutely. the guy did a complete 180 during march and looked unbeatable.

Bryz is starting tomorrow. don't get it in your head that he's not unless it comes down from Homer or Lavy.

vCash
    LOL at everyone hitting the panic button? A) Leighton won't start B) Can it really get worse then giving up 10 goals? C) I truely believe Bryz is hurt, winning tomorrow is key so we can get healthy

City of Brotherly Love

vCash
    On his twitter, Eskin reported that Bryz has a hip injury and is a gametime decision tomorrow, but then there was a report that Homer denied that report so who knows. Eskin also reported that JVR is cleared to play.

vCash
    So excited to see JVR

vCash
    Who does JVR replace at this point? Im not sure he comes back tomorrow. Does he replace Rinaldo? I think we need at least one enforcer just in case something breaks out. I guess it would be Wellwood, even though he's performing pretty well. Sucks that grossmann will most likely be out tomorrow, I mean i like gus and all but our defense is gonna be so little. Hopefully we just win tomorrow and get a couple of days to rest and maybe even get mez back. Carle and Kubina need to get their ish together.

vCash
    crossing broad report hip injury for bryz
    http://www.crossingbroad.com/2012/04...ip-injury.html

Sports fans check out my website www.teamtakeum.com NFL ATS picks posted here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    where are you getting this from?

why is Bryz all of a sudden not starting tomorrow? is someone telling you this? because whoever it is, unless it's Lavy himself, is dead wrong.

barring some kind of epic, HUMANGOUS BIG collapse, Bryz is the goalie tomorrow, and will be for as long as the Flyers are in the playoffs. has he played well? he's made some big saves, but overall, no. can he turn it around? absolutely. the guy did a complete 180 during march and looked unbeatable.

Bryz is starting tomorrow. don't get it in your head that he's not unless it comes down from Homer or Lavy.
    First of all, I never said he WASN'T starting decisively. I'm less than 200 posts in and finding that folks around here are pretty good at putting words in other people's mouths.

I was implying / said IF he didn't start, that would be a problem. Therefore, I was WORRIED when I found out he left practice early. Despite his struggles, I want the guy starting. We paid him big money to be the guy, and he gives us our best chance to win hockey games (compared to Bob and Leighton).

Now that I'm hearing that the guy is a game time decision with a hip injury, (so THAT'S why he's been so slow moving post to post?) I guess my worries weren't so unfounded.

EDIT: In the post you responded to directly, I did NOT say "if", but the post BEFORE that was a direct response to a post in which I DID say "if", and you just came in to the conversation late. Just wanted to clear that up.
    Last edited by IWantPizza; 04-19-2012 at 08:47 PM.
    The Squads:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman9518 View Post
    LOL at everyone hitting the panic button? A) Leighton won't start B) Can it really get worse then giving up 10 goals? C) I truely believe Bryz is hurt, winning tomorrow is key so we can get healthy
    A. I certainly hope not.
    B. See "A."
    C. I don't know if he's hurt, but Eskin and CrossingBroad have reported that he's got a hip injury.

I just don't think it bodes well for the team when our starting net-minder is injured, and I don't have much faith in a rusty Bob (who is fresh off of a 36 minute, 5 goal performance) or Michael Leighton.

If that lack of faith is somehow unreasonable, I'd love to hear how.
    The Squads:

vCash
    If Bryz IS hurt and can't start tomorrow, can someone please call this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8_wrJpRDaU
    The Squads:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IWantPizza View Post
    If Bryz IS hurt and can't start tomorrow, can someone please call this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8_wrJpRDaU
    God I love Hextall

vCash
    This worried me when I first saw it, too. He usually leaves practice early, but not 10 minutes in. What would be the point of even attending if that were the case? Also, if this were the norm, Flyers beat reporters wouldn't be making a big deal out of it on Twitter (unless you're cynical, I guess).

It's not like people were pulling these assumptions out of their ***. The guy was already playing through an injury and didn't look right in his last game. If he had been completely healthy and only looked bad on one goal, I'd agree that this has been an overreaction, but there is a good deal of evidence pointing towards an injury in this case.

I'd have an easier time believing it if it came from Lavy or Homer's mouth, but at the same time, Eskin has been pretty accurate when it comes to reporting Flyers playoff injuries the past two years.

He's also reporting he'll be a game time decision, so if he is hurt, it might not be that bad an if we can move onto the next round, maybe he can recover nicely before the next series.

If Bryz is out, I hope we go with Bob over Leighton. Bob might have had just as much trouble as Bryz in Game 3, but I think he'd fare much better not having to come off the bench cold. Also, if this is the case, maybe it forces the defense to step up. Could be a blessing in disguise.
    Last edited by WoodandNails; 04-19-2012 at 10:04 PM.
    [IMG]http://********.com/image.php?u=80452&type=sigpic&dateline=1310177540[/IMG]
    Remember

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    So excited to see JVR
    Got my jersey out today. Washing it and wearing it for the first time this season () tomorrow.

This is the bright side if Eskin's report on Bryz turns out to be true. Can't imagine that one would be correct while the JVR one is wrong.
    [IMG]http://********.com/image.php?u=80452&type=sigpic&dateline=1310177540[/IMG]
    Remember

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast