Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

CJ Leslie Returning For Junior Season

OMG OMG OMG OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

NC State forward C.J. Leslie has informed Pack Pride that he will be returning to State for his junior season.
    "I'm staying at State, that's the decision I've made," said Leslie. "I just felt like this was the best decision for me. The program is moving in the right direction, and I will finish it out and I'm excited about where we are heading at NC State.

"I'm looking forward to the upcoming season. We have some high expectations, and I'm excited about being a leader and help the team the best that I can. I can't wait."

Leslie, a 6-foot-8, 209-pound forward from Holly Springs, North Carolina, averaged 14.6 points, 7.5 rebounds, and 1.6 blocks this season for the Wolfpack. Following the season he was a second-team All-ACC pick, and Leslie was instrumental in NC State's late-season success.

Over his last 11 games, Leslie averaged 18.3 points and 9.1 rebounds while shooting a blistering 58% from the field.

Pack Pride will have more on Leslie's decision in the near future so stay tuned!
    http://northcarolinastate.scout.com/2/1177629.html
    Last edited by Robbw241; 04-18-2012 at 11:48 AM.

vCash

This is excellent news!! Although I think we may be the only 2 people on this site who care.

vCash
    We must start the movement!

vCash
    Great news for NC State, but it probably puts a damper on the chances of Amile Jefferson going there.

vCash
    I'd rather the 1 year of Leslie then 2 of Amile if I'm being honest. Always tough for freshman coming straight in and with Brown-Purvis-Wood-Leslie-Howell with Warren and Lewis I think we can compete for it all this year.

vCash
    Good news for the Wolfpack, and hopefully Leslie won't look like a chump next year in March.

vCash
    It will be interesting to see if NC State lives up to the hype that they are receiving going into next season...
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    ^Agreed. Both times I've watched incoming Rodney Purvis I've been pretty impressed. That squad is going to be good next year, especially with Leslie returning.

#iubb

vCash
    Good for C.J. Leslie and good for North Carolina State. I've always liked Mark Gottfried and it's nice to see him succeeding in his second stint at a power conference school.

Gottfried gave Leslie a little tough love in the middle of last year and Leslie responded with the best ball he has played in his career. I expect Leslie to continue to take strides next year and he will be one of the best forwards in college basketball if he adds a respectable jumper.