Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    ^^^^ Doubt it. I bet we would spread the money around a little bit more and improve upon the depth we've been lacking

vCash
    I heard from a source who works for the Blackhawks yesterday, a doctor has been living with Hossa since the hit and it has nothing to do with the head but rather a spinal cord injury.
    Eastern Illinois Class of 2012'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubfan23 View Post
    I heard from a source who works for the Blackhawks yesterday, a doctor has been living with Hossa since the hit and it has nothing to do with the head but rather a spinal cord injury.
    I Don't believe that for one second.

vCash
    you don't have to then, but the person I heard it from works with the Hawks and deals with the players and maybe it was the head before but now its the spinal cord.
    Last edited by cubfan23; 04-26-2012 at 07:24 PM.
    Eastern Illinois Class of 2012'

vCash
    ^^^
    I'm not saying that I don't believe you heard this, but what your contact is saying really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. First of all, if hossa needs that level of observation, a doctor is not gonna move into his house, Hossa would be admitted to a hospital. Second, spinal cord injuries are not diagnosed days later after an injury like this. I'm certain he had quite a work up when he went to Nwestern hospital the night of the injury, including Ct or MRI of the brain and cervical spine. He was discharged that night, which was very encouraging. If he had any kind of spinal cord abnormality, even a small contusion without any kind of neurological deficit ( weakness, numbness ), no way he goes home.

We've all heard so many different stories about exactly what his injuries are. Concussion, "whiplash", fractured jaw, all of the those, etc.. Also some buzz about maybe retiring over this. Let's just hope he's recovering and we see him on the ice at the first preseason practice!

vCash
    Like cubfan23 said.........I also heard from a Blackhawk source that he will likely need neck surgery.

vCash
    That doesn't mean he has an injury to the spinal CORD. An injury to the cervical spine itself, maybe, but if he had a fracture or ligament injury to the cervical spine that was unstable and leaving him with neurological symptoms, wouldn't he have had surgery by now?

I looked up max pacciorettys injury from last year when he was run into the turnbuckle by chara. He did have a cervical spine fracture and a concussion. Apparently it didn't require surgery, but he spent a few days in the hospital for observation. Hossa leaving the hospital on the night of the injury would, I think , speak against any fracture or big issue with the cervical spine or cord. Looking back, I'm pretty sure hossa leaving the hospital under his own power the night of the injury is true. I think that was even reported during or after the TV broadcast that night ( or maybe the next morning , can't remember )

Also, would there be any reason for dr terry not to release information about this? I don't know. It's not like they're still playing. Maybe it has to do with potential offseason roster plans or the upcoming CBA negotiations. Just guessing here.

I hope the info you and Cuban 23 got from your sources turns out to be not true for Hossas sake. I think we all hope that and Hossa is on his way to recovery. Thanks for sharing it, though. Sometimes that's all we can go on since the team is always so mum about this stuff.
    Last edited by Ort; 04-28-2012 at 10:55 AM.

vCash
    Hossa is still not "feeling himself" and thinks he's back in Slovakia right now, while Raffi Torres is appealing his 25 game suspension.

What a world.
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

vCash
    THat guy and guys like that should be kicked out of league for good. How many DUIs can you get before you loose your liscense for 10yrs

vCash
    Hossa progressing

Quenneville also gave a brief update on the condition of Marian Hossa, who has been recovering in Slovakia since his season-ending injury in the playoffs. Hossa will attend the annual Blackhawks Convention next weekend, a chance to reconnect with his teammates for the first time since the playoffs ended.

“[Hossa’s] doing fine,” he said. “We’re looking forward to seeing him in town next week. Reports have been good—we look forward to seeing him face to face.”

vCash
    Hossa Attended the blackhawks 2012 and he says he's ready to go. so is the car bomb.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123