Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 3493 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 249329933393344334833491349234933494349535033543359339934493 ... LastLast
Results 52,381 to 52,395 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Yes he was whacked for the admin issue, but there were several other issues namely monetary. Huet and Campbell were atrocious contract signings. Only Campbell lived up to his potential.

Oh and Huet is a UFA this season. Wonder what the chances are that he signs with someone and does well?

Huet also had a good year in France both regular season and playoffs. As a side note #1 overall pick Steve McCarthy scored the game winning goal to help his team win the championship in the Swiss League (the same league as Huet).
    I don't disagree with that, but Tallon had to throw big money at the time. The Hawks were not good and they were not drawing alot of FA attention. Tallon did what he thought was needed to bring in some top tier talent. Huet turned out to be a bust, but Campbell paid off. The difference between Tallon and lil Stanley is that Tallon is not afraid to swing the bat.

I heard from a source who works for the Blackhawks yesterday, a doctor has been living with Hossa since the hit and it has nothing to do with the head but rather a spinal cord injury.
    Eastern Illinois Class of 2012'

Quote Originally Posted by cubfan23 View Post
    I heard from a source who works for the Blackhawks yesterday, a doctor has been living with Hossa since the hit and it has nothing to do with the head but rather a spinal cord injury.
    I Don't believe that for one second.

you don't have to then, but the person I heard it from works with the Hawks and deals with the players and maybe it was the head before but now its the spinal cord.
    Last edited by cubfan23; 04-26-2012 at 07:24 PM.
    Eastern Illinois Class of 2012'

-Q and Kitchen should be gone. Haviland should be the HC with Smith as his assistant, but I expect only Kitchen will be fired. I have no clue who will replace him.

-They just need to get bigger and or grittier, which they can do from within their organization. Id love to see them sign Burish. A Carcillo-Burish-Beach 4th line would drive opponents crazy.

-They also need to get a stabile 3rd defenseman. The Hawks need to go hard after Garrison. Id like to see Leddy go down to Rockford to develop his game. Olsen or Stanton to take the 6th spot. Let Montador and Hjalmarsson battle for the 4th and 5th spots.

Sharp- Toews- Saad
    Hayes Kane- Hossa
    Bickell- Bolland- Shaw
    Carcillo Burish- Morin/Pirri/Beach

Keith-Seabrook
    Garrison- Montador/Hjalmarsson
    Hjalmarsson/Montador Olsen/Stanton

Crawford
    Emery

If they bury Frolik, that is $2.3m off the books. Send Kruger and Leddy down to further develop in Rockford. This is ~2.0m off the books. If they move Stalberg, that is ~$0.9m off the books. In all that is an additional ~$5.2m off the books. This leaves them with $11.0m in available funds at a $64.3m cap hit ($11.0m because Saad isnt counted on their roster on Capgeek.com). That gives them about $9.5m in the UFA market and on call ups, which is more than enough.

I find it interesting that you want to send Leddy and Kruger down but your ready to put Saad on the first line.

Me personally, I want another forward. No way I'm I relying on Saad and Hayes to both be top 6 guys next year. Thats too risky to me.

^^^
    I'm not saying that I don't believe you heard this, but what your contact is saying really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. First of all, if hossa needs that level of observation, a doctor is not gonna move into his house, Hossa would be admitted to a hospital. Second, spinal cord injuries are not diagnosed days later after an injury like this. I'm certain he had quite a work up when he went to Nwestern hospital the night of the injury, including Ct or MRI of the brain and cervical spine. He was discharged that night, which was very encouraging. If he had any kind of spinal cord abnormality, even a small contusion without any kind of neurological deficit ( weakness, numbness ), no way he goes home.

We've all heard so many different stories about exactly what his injuries are. Concussion, "whiplash", fractured jaw, all of the those, etc.. Also some buzz about maybe retiring over this. Let's just hope he's recovering and we see him on the ice at the first preseason practice!

^^^ now im with you on this one 100%. Doubt Saad is really ready, maybe not far off , but just not ready. Leddy should stay, but he was put in a position of too much too soon for most 20 year olds. Don't want that for saad. Stalberg is a good bargain at 900k, despite his inconsistencies. He did pour in 20 + this year.

Hayes is not a top 6 forward. Neither are Kruger or Bolland. I think either Kruger or Bolland is your third line center and the other MAYBE gets dealt (Bolland?)

^^^^
    Look at that, we agree on something! Saad, didn't show me anything to make me think he was ready in the games he played in the playoffs. It's an extremely small sample size, and I'd take a good look at him in camp. I just wouldn't want to not make a move because we are counting on 50+ pts from him. I agree that Stallberg is a good guy too have on this team. While he's inconstant, he can play on any line, and is a bargain at that price. I wouldn't want to count on him to be a top 6 every day nessicarily, but I like having him on the team as a guy who can move up and play top 6 minutes.

Agree on Hayes as well. He's a nice player, probably a 3rd liner. I wouldn't mind him being on the team, as he brings size and some physicality.

I will say I'm intrigued about Garrison. I don't know much about him at all, but he put up some decent numbers.

What do you guys think of my most recent team proposal? You could probably even afford Garrison, depending on how much Gagner would sign for (he's an RFA). McNeill might even be ready to play in the NHL. He had a really good year in the OHL.

Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    What do you guys think of my most recent team proposal? You could probably even afford Garrison, depending on how much Gagner would sign for (he's an RFA). McNeill might even be ready to play in the NHL. He had a really good year in the OHL.
    I like Allen and I could see the Hawks going after him. I remember hearing his name mentioned as a possibility at the trade deadline. He's the "tier" of defenseman I expect them to go after.

I don't think Smyth would come here, and I'm not sure I'd want him. He basically forced his way out of LA to go back to Edmonton where hes from I believe. I don't think he wants to leave Edmonton, or at least Canada.

I'd stay away from Penner. He's been a big underachiever and I've heard questions about his heart.

Ganger could be interesting. He played with Kane in JRs so maybe they have some chemistry together. He's an RFA and I certainly wouldn't want to over pay for him. He hasn't shown much growth in his production and he's been in the league for 5 years. He is still young though.

As for Burish, he's a decent 4th liner, but I think Hawks fans have romanticized him and thus overrated him. I thought Mayers was good last year and would be fine bringing him back. Burrish made more than twice what he did, and if that's what it takes to get him back, I'd rather stick with Mayers. Mayers 15 pts -4. Burrish 19 pts +5. I think they fill the same role.
    Last edited by b1e9a8r5s; 04-26-2012 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    I find it interesting that you want to send Leddy and Kruger down but your ready to put Saad on the first line.

Me personally, I want another forward. No way I'm I relying on Saad and Hayes to both be top 6 guys next year. Thats too risky to me.
    I also have a problem with sending Kruger and Leddy down, especially Leddy. He has played 128 GP (regular season) at the NHL level what good will it do to send him down? His best development now is here.

Kruger should have started the season at Rockford. However, he has played well too. Really tough call on this.

Saad is probably going to need some seasoning in Rockford.

What our lines could look like should we do nothing this off season:
    (IF an NHL Lockout, then this would be the golf cards, too)

Hossa - Toews (C) - Shaw
    Sharp(A) - Kane - Stalberg
    Kreuger - Bolland - Hayes
    Carcillo - Frolick - Bickell
    Bollig (resident goon)

Seabrook(A) - Oduya <--- Promoted Seabrook to Alternate
    Keith - Montador <---- Demoted Keith
    Leddy - Hjalmarsson
    Olsen

Crawford
    Emery

Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    I like Allen and I could see the Hawks going after him. I remember hearing his name mentioned as a possibility at the trade deadline. He's the "tier" of defenseman I expect them to go after.

I don't think Smyth would come here, and I'm not sure I'd want him. He basically forced his way out of LA to go back to Edmonton where hes from I believe. I don't think he wants to leave Edmonton, or at least Canada.

I'd stay away from Penner. He's been a big underachiever and I've heard questions about his heart.

Ganger could be interesting. He played with Kane in JRs so maybe they have some chemistry together. He's an RFA and I certainly wouldn't want to over pay for him. He hasn't shown much growth in his production and he's been in the league for 5 years. He is still young though.

As for Burish, he's a decent 4th liner, but I think Hawks fans have romanticized him and thus overrated him. I thought Mayers was good last year and would be fine bringing him back. Burrish made more than twice what he did, and if that's what it takes to get him back, I'd rather stick with Mayers. Mayers 15 pts -4. Burrish 19 pts +5. I think they fill the same role.
    The idea of Smyth/Penner is getting a big guy to go with Toews and/or Kane.

Gagner would be part of a trade. We'd give them Hjalmarrsson, possibly Frolik, and maybe more if need be. I think he'd be a good fit here. I don't really know who else would be available as far as 2nd line Cs for under $3 million. Edmonton just matches up well if we're trying to move Hjalmarrsson, because Edmonton needs D and if they keep the #1 pick and draft Yakupov, they'll have too many top 6 players, and Gagner would be the likely one to be moved as well as the cheapest of the potential trade targets on their team.

The idea behind Burish is that he was a huge locker room presence. He was noted many times as one of the funniest and most fun guys on the team. He's also very passionate about the game. He was a big part of that great Hawks locker room. He's an agitator and he can play C or W like Mayers. We wouldn't be getting Burish instead of Mayers. We'd be getting Halpern instead of Mayers. I'd be fine with Mayers instead of Halpern though. I think bringing Burish back for about $1.3 million would be a solid move. If Mayers will take $550,000 to play here another year, make him our 4th line C.

Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    The idea of Smyth/Penner is getting a big guy to go with Toews and/or Kane.

Gagner would be part of a trade. We'd give them Hjalmarrsson, possibly Frolik, and maybe more if need be. I think he'd be a good fit here. I don't really know who else would be available as far as 2nd line Cs for under $3 million. Edmonton just matches up well if we're trying to move Hjalmarrsson, because Edmonton needs D and if they keep the #1 pick and draft Yakupov, they'll have too many top 6 players, and Gagner would be the likely one to be moved as well as the cheapest of the potential trade targets on their team.
    I understand about Smyths and Penners size, but I don't think Smyth would come here and don't like Penner.

I get that we would aquire Gagner via trade in your scenario but we still have to agree to a contract with him. I'd want to have a pretty good idea about what he'd costfor before comitting to a trade.