Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 3490 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 249029903390344034803488348934903491349235003540359039904490 ... LastLast
Results 52,336 to 52,350 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

vCash
    Guys, it isn't that I believe the marketing and the on-ice product go hand in hand, but I'm sick of the sense of entitlement this franchise has now. That extends from the ice all the way up through the front office and the marketing department led by McCub. These aren't the 2010 Blackhawks, and it's about time they stop ****ing acting like it. The Dagger is about as annoying as hearing Bowman talk about the "core." Both are a tired act.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ort View Post
    ^^^ none of the d played well at all, except for Seabs! Oduya was great in the regular season. Keith hasnt been anything more than average at best ( and often below average) for the last 2 regular seasons!
    If a bad playoff series is enough to make you not want to resign Oduya, then we better get rid of a lot of players. I have 2 years worth of reasons to say we should trade Keith!

Maybe its because Keith is viewed by some as a really good #3 or #4 dman. I think someone ( might have been you when we went back and forth on this very topic a few days ago on another thread) posted earlier that he would be a great 3 or 4 dman on some other team. That's great, but he's used as a #1 or #2dman here and hes getting paid like it.
    What do you think we could get for Keith? Maybe we pull a Flyers this off-season and trade Keith for a young player and a top 10 draft pick. If we could land a good defenseman with potential and a top 10 pick, I think I'd definitely listen. I wonder if Winnipeg would listen to a Keith for Bogosian and the #9 pick. I really like Griffin Reinhart if we could swing this kind of deal. He looks similar to Shea Weber, IMO. I'm just throwing out ideas. I have no idea what kind of value we could actually get for Keith.

vCash
    We'd also then have money to go for Ryan Suter to replace Keith, while putting Bogosian on our 2nd pairing with Hjalmarrsson, or even flipping Hjalmarrsson for a 2nd line C (Derick Brassard perhaps?). We'd top this off by re-signing Mayers, signing Burish if he'll sign for less than $1.5 million, and signing a couple depth players for the wing and D.

Sharp-Toews-Hossa
    Stalberg-Brassard-Kane
    Bickell-Bolland-Shaw or Frolik
    Carcillo-Mayers-Burish

Suter-Seabrook
    Bogosian-Olsen
    Leddy-Montador

Crawford
    Emery

I think that's a really solid team. Don't forget that we also would have McNeill who could take over the 2nd line C position and we'd have Reinhart in the minors probably for a year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    I can't believe the way you guys talk about Keith. Oduyja was better than him, really? Maybe, I'm alone on this, but I would think trading Keith would create a gapping hole on our defense, which I think we all agree needs to be improved.

For instance, someone mentioned going after Sutter. If you trade Keith, and sign Sutter (who would cost more), that's a latteral move in terms of defense IMO. Maybe what you get in return for Keith would make it worth doing, but I have a hard time imaging a scenario where trading Keith would be good for this team.

The thing is Keith got what he wanted. A Cup and 8 Million (5.5 cap hit) a season till he retires. Not bad ahey!

Wonder if Ottawa would be willing to unload Karlsson for Keith, solves puck moving D-Man issue? OR Spezza for Keith, solves the 2nd line center?
    Last edited by Impaler; 04-25-2012 at 05:26 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    The thing is Keith got what he wanted. A Cup and 8 Million (5.5 cap hit) a season till he retires. Not bad ahey!

Wonder if Ottawa would be willing to unload Karlsson for Keith, solves puck moving D-Man issue? OR Spezza for Keith, solves the 2nd line center?
    Ottawa isn't trading Karlsson. That's a pipe dream. He's 21 and just had 25 pts than the next defenseman.

I don't know what the first line even means.
    Last edited by b1e9a8r5s; 04-25-2012 at 10:50 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    What do you think we could get for Keith? Maybe we pull a Flyers this off-season and trade Keith for a young player and a top 10 draft pick. If we could land a good defenseman with potential and a top 10 pick, I think I'd definitely listen. I wonder if Winnipeg would listen to a Keith for Bogosian and the #9 pick. I really like Griffin Reinhart if we could swing this kind of deal. He looks similar to Shea Weber, IMO. I'm just throwing out ideas. I have no idea what kind of value we could actually get for Keith.
    Why trade Keith for a lesser (albeit, younger & cheaper) player & a pick? The Hawks are trying to win now. If anything, they should be using some of there farm system to improve the NHL team not the other way around.

vCash
    Marian Hossa could retire

I am told some in Hossa's inner circle are urging the injured winger to seriously assess whether risking further injuries is worth it in terms of his longterm health. Apparently, doctors feel he will make a full recovery from what I was told was a "severe" whiplash. But thus far, I'm told, Hossa has not progressed in recovery from the concussion he also received.

This is a man who has made a lot of money the past few seasons: well in excess of $20 million since 2008, not to mention prior earnings. He has a Stanley Cup ring. He is a rock star in his homeland, where his family is really at the center of the national hockey program. He has a beautiful wife and a baby daughter. And coming off shoulder, groin/hip, neck and now multiple head injuries, he is turning 34 next season.

Personally, I think this decision will be made later in the summer, when Hossa's had time to heal up and rest—and very likely he could decide to return for at least one more season.

However, if Hossa is still experiencing concussion symptoms at that point, I do not feel he will make a Crosby-esque effort to return to the ice. And at that point, perhaps concurrently with the advent of a new CBA, the Hawks would have both a huge hole in their top 6, and another $5+ million in cap room.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/John-...ming/128/44077
    Last edited by b1e9a8r5s; 04-25-2012 at 11:49 AM.

vCash
    In any event something has to change. It cant be the fringe crap Bowman has tried. With all of the talent on this team, I say the logical place to start is with the coaching staff. You cant ignore the transformation of the Blues after Hitchcock arrived. I mean holy ****!! A new regime with a strict system might wake up these guys up.. including Keith. Talking about axing the AC coaches is one thing, but people Q makes the final call on everything. Dont tell me Kitchen doesnt tell Q what the set up is for the PP? Really? Of course Q knows. The hang up is that they are best friends. Like Q is going to do anything. Comparing rosters.. we should have destroyed the Yotes. Tippet plays a tight system.. then they counter punch on the turn overs. All of this flip flopping players, line combos, strange benchings of players for minor things while the other core guys can lay eggs for a week and nothing happens. Dont tell me that does not have an effect on the team morale. Q used to bench the core guys years ago. Why not now? Who knows. I dont know where the love affair with Q comes from. Yes he won a cup, but he has a stud roster that has now been knocked out in the first round the last two years.

I for one dont trust Bowman to make the right trades here. Two years and hes missed time and again. Plus there is friction between Q and Bowman Sr. Its been commented on many times from different sports writers. The issue being Q is very stubborn and does not like to change. Problem!! Hence why the PP/PK has sucked all year.. Maybe Q didnt want to change anything. You adapt or you lose in the NHL. The easiest thing would be to change it up behind the bench. Then if these guys dont wake up, then start moving them. NHL coaches move constantly. Keenan is out there as is one of the Sutter brothers. Ron I think. I would start there. Im not saying we still dont need a #2 C or some more help on D, but the team needs to get it straight behind the bench quickly......

One last thing from Hockey Buzz... Rumors are flying that Scotty Bowman's former AC from Detroit (Smith) is going to be have a much bigger role on the team. Hmmmmmm.... gonna be a fun summer.
    Last edited by 1990; 04-25-2012 at 12:29 PM.

vCash
    By the way...I don't really have a horse in this race, but quality conversation going on and good points from both sides.

Also, the Blackhawks have said (for now) that Kane will be the teams 2C going into next year. Making the need for a big LW even more important.

vCash
    ^^^^
    Not sure if I like that. Also, why did the Hawks give up on Sharp at Center. I thought he was ok when he played there. It's weird to me that with their struggles at the posistion this year they never went back to him.

vCash
    I really hope he doesn't retire, but I would obviously understand if it's indeed this serious. You just don't want to risk further damage that will affect you well after your playing days are done.

vCash
    Obviously we all want Hossa healthy and life after the game is more important than trying to gut it out and getting hurt much worse

vCash
    ^^^^
    Not sure if I like that. Also, why did the Hawks give up on Sharp at Center. I thought he was ok when he played there. It's weird to me that with their struggles at the posistion this year they never went back to him.
    Supposedly Sharp does not want to play center. That has usually been the word on why he isn't there.

I am guessing that free agency will dictate where Kane plays, which hopefully should help Bowman out because he has more flexibility in who to look for this offseason.

vCash
    Damn, that's awful. Such a damn shame that guys like Raffi Torres can go around ending top players' careers. Hope Hossa makes a full recovery and doesn't rush back to soon if he does play again. I hate to think about this, but if Hossa is done, do we make a push for Parise?

vCash
    Why trade Keith for a lesser (albeit, younger & cheaper) player & a pick? The Hawks are trying to win now. If anything, they should be using some of there farm system to improve the NHL team not the other way around.
    I was just throwing out an idea. Doesn't have to be Winnipeg and Bogosian/#9 pick. That just would work out really well if we signed Suter. I suppose we could sign Suter and keep Keith, but we wouldn't be able to sign any one else really. What if we could get Bogosian, Antropov (solves the 2nd line C problem at $4 million a year cap hit, and the #9 pick for Keith? The dream trade would be Keith and our pick for Subban and the #3. That would almost certainly never happen. If it somehow did, you take Galchenyuk and have him as the 2nd line C for years to come.