Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 3487 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 248729873387343734773485348634873488348934973537358739874487 ... LastLast
Results 52,291 to 52,305 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

vCash

Clean house?

Ok maybe a few moves here and there but the one thing I want more than anything this offseason:

I want to hear Q, assistants and goalie coach all FIRED!

Reasoning:

3/4 of the season the Blackhawks played 40 minute games. They came out lazy and uninspired. We all know that their are personalities in the locker room that weren't pulling their weight on ice i.e. Kane. Now a coaches job is to make sure the guys come out and play and not pretend to play. It's totally unacceptable for this to have happened at all. If the guy is slacking, BENCH HIM! I don't care how much he makes.

Jimmy Hayes. Can anyone tell why this young and budding talent spent part if not most of this season scratched? Why wasn't he in the AHL getting valuable experience and minutes? Instead he was scratched for a good portion of the 2nd half. This is a coach's decision to send him down or keep him up. Which can totally f up his development. Way to go Q, you bonehead.

Lastly, the team has already hired his replacement. Barry Smith. Or atleast this is what happened with Savie. Q was hired as player development and then bumped up to coach. Barry Smith won't screw around with any of the pre-madonna's on this team. They will be benched if they don't perform or worse.

A side note:

I hope we resign Oduya, if not find a capable replacement for him.
    Last edited by Impaler; 04-24-2012 at 01:37 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geaganj View Post
    Sorry guys, haven't been on in a while but just felt like I had to get on to share in the misery...

The problem with Crawford in this series (besides the two softies in OT) is he was average...when you're making a cup run, you need to count on your goalie stealing at least one game every series (ask phoenix...smith "stole" this game).

The other problem is our defense SUCKS!!! We have good to great players but our team defense sucks. Never clearing the front of the net and never recovering. If they are stuck in the zone for more than a few seconds, they have no clue.

The offense doesnt have "dirty" players; guys that don't give a care about their stats, just about getting the puck in the net. The cup team had Burish, Egar, Versteeg, Buff, Brouwer, Sopel, Ladd, Madden, Fraiser, all those guys knew they were there to cause havoc. That allowed Kane, Toews, Sharp, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook to be "pretty" and score at will.

Hopefully Bowman can tweak a few things and get this team back where it belongs!

My allegiance. now rides in Florida (Blackhawks south if you will)
    100% agree with your post. I would like to point out that each of the deficiencies you pointed out are ALL COACHING FAILS! Q and his band of boobs behind the bench are the ones that lost the team. How can you have the talent you have and come up so disastrous? IF (dreaming I know) Scotty Bowman were coaching Phoenix would be the one sent home. 100% guarantee it.

The players showed throughout the whole season that they are no longer "inspired" by the Q and his mustache. It's also why Barry Smith was hired. Q and all of his assistants including goalie coach need to be sent packing.

This season was COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!

vCash
    What I would've liked to see before Hossa got hurt was a 1st powerplay with either Kane or Sharpie at the point. Many successful powerplay units have a winger at the point instead of a defenseman.

Kane-Toews-Hossa
    Sharp-Keith

I have to believe that this would work out well. I wonder how the off-season will play out. We're probably going to keep Crawford and Emery as our goalies, which is fine as long as we put a better defense in front of them. If we could somehow manage to get Suter at roughly $6 million a year, I think that would help out our team big time. Our defense works best when we can limit the shots of our opponents. An off-season where we bring in Suter, Burish (for under $1.5 million, I'd love to see him back), and some more gritty bottom line players (probably bring Mayers back and maybe go for a good checker as well) would help us to become a top Stanley Cup contender for years to come.

vCash
    It's been a fun year with everyone on this board, but when it comes down to it, outside of the one hot stretch in December, none of us really believed this was a Cup year for so many reasons. I think if Hossa does not get hurt, there is at least a game 7. Coach Q said it best, where were our big guns this series. Bowman has some cap flexibility and with Huet coming off the books as well, we will make some moves and be a contender. It is frustrating that both 1 seeds lost and a lower seed is going to be in finals.

vCash
    knew this was coming

vCash
    I can't tell you guys my source, so there's not gonna be any link. However, I'm being told that he needs neck surgery.

vCash
    Ahhh...the old "source"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Ahhh...the old "source"
    I know dude. But it is what it is. Sorry man.

vCash
    I'm just giving you crap. I feel so bad for Hossa..that Torres is a piece of ****.

vCash
    such a sucky way to lose..5 gut wrenching games...then we dominate and lose 4-0..LOL sounds really weird but we dominated most of that game.

vCash
    I find it funny that so many people were *****ing about Torres' suspension being unfair because there have been similar hits, blah, blah. That hit might affect Hossa for the rest of his career. Meanwhile Torres will be back skating and trying to hurt people for some team next year.

vCash
    I think Kitchen needs to go. He was brought in by Q when Q was in STL and now he is brought in here. Kitchen's record is around 30-70 as a head coach. I know that isn't as an assistant but it still says something. Q and Kitch have always gotten to the playoffs together but I believe they have never got past the second round together, but that is just from memory. Kitchen also ran the PP and everyone knows how horrible that was this year. I think he need to go.

vCash
    Wow you are a brave soul... demanding Q and his assitants being held responsible for this. I floated the Fire Q thread a month or so ago. I was flamed for it, but you are correct here. 100% dead on!!! With the talent on this team.. to have that horrible PP is a joke. Doesnt matter which AC had the job of setting it up. At the end of the day Q's name is on the product that hits the ice. The fact that Q was unable/unwilling to make the proper adjustments falls to him. Where was Jamal Mayers??? One of the most consistent guys on the team and he played the 4th line role to perfection. Scratched? For the whole GD series??? We were out coached and out schemed in this series. The Hawks have no real D system that anyone can see. It also goes beyond Q I believe. From the strange line juggling to the poor decisions made by the GM and above... this team was doomed to not make it very far in the playoffs.

Lil Bowman pushed Leddy into the starting lineup. I dont think he was ready. The guy took alot of fan abuse for his bad play at times.. News Flash.. hes a kid who wasnt quite ready.. yet he was thrown in there. I thought he played pretty well considering. Hes gonna be a special player in the mold of Campbell here soon. Huge roster holes went unfilled. The #2 C spot coulda been filled nicely by Jason Arnott.. Nope.. Bowman felt Kruger was the man. I like Kruger and he is a fearless player.. but hes not big enough to handle the #2 C spot. If he puts some weight on who knows..

The D corps needs a total over haul.. Seabs is the #1 D now. Keith has been on the slide since the cup. He can skate, but cannot win board battles and continually turns over the puck. And Keith has the worst aim on his shots.. Wide open net in game 3 from 15 feet out... Hammers it way over the cross bar.. The guy cant hit **** anymore. Hammer too may be a victim of his fat contract as he also is a shadow of the guy that was on the cup team. Oduya for some reason just lost it in the series. Horrible turn overs... playing like he had no idea what he was doing. Previous knocks on him from other teams.. OD was never used correctly. Should have been the #7 D and a PK player. Same with Montador. Never used properly. Finding a stud D this off season is a priority. We need to rebuild from the net out. Crow is what he is. Average. Carter Hutton was a phenom in Rockford. Let him and Salak come up and see what happenes. If the Caps can have a rookie (Holtby) step in and play..why not Hutton??

All of these thoughts and ideas come back to one thing.... Q!!!!

Q has shown little ability to adjust as needed. Players that should have played.. did not. Guys played in the wrong spots.. Whatever scheme they had... did not work.. and a horrible PP and PK. Look no further then the Blues and Coyotes to see what a solid system looks like. Teams have adjusted.. the run/gun used by the Wings, Nucks, Pens and Hawks has been countered by these systems. Its simple.. gotta mix in big bangers with Kane and Toews to balance it out. Its not rocket science.. but Q is in the time zone where he normally gets moved out. Does Bowman have the ability to find the right guys. Dont think so, but hes tied pretty tight to the upper crusties. Its gonna be Q folks.. Alot falls to him with this team. Look no further to his first move prior to game 1. Breaking up the Kane line.. WTF Q.. All that chemistry gone... With all of the talent on this team.. it begs for a new set of eyes and ideas from behind the bench. Maybe Haviland.. Last thought... what about Mike Keenan?? Last year the Flames went to the playoffs was with him behind the bench. He will mandate D zone coverage.. he will hold people accountable. Q let his glory boys screw up all the time with no consequence while Frolik, Bicks, Lepisto and some others were thrown in the dog house on a daily basis. Too much talent... time for a change.
    Last edited by 1990; 04-24-2012 at 12:03 PM.

vCash
    You guys think firing Q is really going to change anything? Man, every fan base in this damn city wants to fire the coach at the first sign of struggle. Firing Q would be one of the dumbest things you could do. You won't find a better coach out there that will be available.

vCash
    I expected one of these threads right after the Blackhawks lost like when everyone wanted Q gone when they had the losing streak