Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 3486 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 248629863386343634763484348534863487348834963536358639864486 ... LastLast
Results 52,276 to 52,290 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

vCash
    2 first round exits following a SC victory. I would have never thought.

vCash
    Sorry guys, haven't been on in a while but just felt like I had to get on to share in the misery...

The problem with Crawford in this series (besides the two softies in OT) is he was average...when you're making a cup run, you need to count on your goalie stealing at least one game every series (ask phoenix...smith "stole" this game).

The other problem is our defense SUCKS!!! We have good to great players but our team defense sucks. Never clearing the front of the net and never recovering. If they are stuck in the zone for more than a few seconds, they have no clue.

The offense doesnt have "dirty" players; guys that don't give a care about their stats, just about getting the puck in the net. The cup team had Burish, Egar, Versteeg, Buff, Brouwer, Sopel, Ladd, Madden, Fraiser, all those guys knew they were there to cause havoc. That allowed Kane, Toews, Sharp, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook to be "pretty" and score at will.

Hopefully Bowman can tweak a few things and get this team back where it belongs!

My allegiance. now rides in Florida (Blackhawks south if you will)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    I still would like to know why Hayes was given a penalty, let alone a major? I'm not complaining I just want to know the actual rule.
    Hayes charged up and hit him square in the back which you can't do into the boards. If he would have hit him on the side like in the shoulder than no penalty but since its in the middle of the back its boarding

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBears1127 View Post
    2 first round exits following a SC victory. I would have never thought.
    Really? We got rid of Byfuglien, Ladd, Niemi, Versteeg, Eager, Sopel... and you're surprised we didn't make it out of the 1st round?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Really? We got rid of Byfuglien, Ladd, Niemi, Versteeg, Eager, Sopel... and you're surprised we didn't make it out of the 1st round?
    Against PHX? Yes I am surprised.

We lost a lot of guys but I felt this core was good enough to make a deep playoff run. I was wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geaganj View Post
    Sorry guys, haven't been on in a while but just felt like I had to get on to share in the misery...

The problem with Crawford in this series (besides the two softies in OT) is he was average...when you're making a cup run, you need to count on your goalie stealing at least one game every series (ask phoenix...smith "stole" this game).

The other problem is our defense SUCKS!!! We have good to great players but our team defense sucks. Never clearing the front of the net and never recovering. If they are stuck in the zone for more than a few seconds, they have no clue.

The offense doesnt have "dirty" players; guys that don't give a care about their stats, just about getting the puck in the net. The cup team had Burish, Egar, Versteeg, Buff, Brouwer, Sopel, Ladd, Madden, Fraiser, all those guys knew they were there to cause havoc. That allowed Kane, Toews, Sharp, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook to be "pretty" and score at will.

Hopefully Bowman can tweak a few things and get this team back where it belongs!

My allegiance. now rides in Florida (Blackhawks south if you will)
    Good post, man. I think we all share the same sentiments.

vCash
    Can Jimmy Hayes be Byfuglien for this team next year?

Edit: Also, would I be wrong in thinking part of the PP struggles come from missing Campbell?
    Last edited by BCB mwat15; 04-23-2012 at 11:54 PM.

vCash

We lost a lot of guys but I felt this core was good enough to make a deep playoff run. I was wrong.
    Smith was coming in as the hottest goal tender in the NHL. They hard their chances but Smith has been playing out of his mind the last few weeks

vCash

I'm not. There's too many guys on this team that don't have roles. Beyond the "core," and I hate using that term, there's a huge drop off in talent. Depth did us in last year and again in this series. Phoenix had a game plan and executed it perfectly. The Hawks of 2012 live and die by their core because guys like Ladd and Byfuglien and Versteeg aren't there to play the supporting roles. Kudos to Frolik and Bickell for a great series, but until we find some depth don't expect any better results than what we've had the last two post-seasons.

vCash
    haven't posted in a while but jeez that was brutal

vCash
    Yeah I didn't want to rehash the Cup team but, Buff was an absolute pest in front of goalies. That might of even been an understatement.

Still even after all we lost we were able to keep a very very very good core. This offseason we need to address a few things and one of them is getting a character player. Something Carcillo was and is capable of however someone to couple with him.

vCash
    Q said today was the first time Hossa has left the house since the injury and he isn't really doing that well.

Wow hope Hossa gets a lot of rest over the summer and starts to feel better soon

vCash
    What are they sounding the horn for at the end of the game? They lost all three home games and couldn't score one goal in an elimination game. There is no reason to be sounding the horn. This team has become a gimmick and I can't stand it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    Can Jimmy Hayes be Byfuglien for this team next year?

Edit: Also, would I be wrong in thinking part of the PP struggles come from missing Campbell?
    1st question, no. Hayes doesn't have that type of ability IMO. He's an ok 3rd liner at best, which woul mean an improvement from what he is.

2nd question, yes and no. Cambell was good on the pp and fit well with this team. The Hawks are a finese team and Cambell was great at transitioning from defense to offense. That being said, there is way to much talen on the current roster to be as bad as it was on the pp. The pp was a momentum killer this game. They couldn't gain entry to the zone, and it was embaressing.

To your earlier question, the Hayes penalty has everything to do with where the player was located (against the boards). It was definitely boarding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    That being said, there is way to much talen on the current roster to be as bad as it was on the pp. The pp was a momentum killer this game. They couldn't gain entry to the zone, and it was embaressing.
    How is it possible to practically dominate 5 on 5 but cant even get the line with one less defender?