Bye bye Torres, you wont be missed

vCash
    Rafi Torres' 25-game suspension will cost him $533,400 in salary
    -Darren Rovell

Like Reaper said, Rafi you won't be missed

vCash
    Suck a dick, Torres.

vCash
    All I can say is good riddance to a piece of ****. Now when the hawks storm back and take the next 3 game to win the series, Torres' suspension will carry over to the first 22 games next year!!!!

vCash
    SO...

how is Hossa doing? any updates?

vCash
    Q said today was the first time Hossa has left the house since the injury and he isn't really doing that well.

Wow hope Hossa gets a lot of rest over the summer and starts to feel better soon

vCash
    I can't tell you guys my source, so there's not gonna be any link. However, I'm being told that he needs neck surgery.

vCash
    Ahhh...the old "source"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Ahhh...the old "source"
    I know dude. But it is what it is. Sorry man.

vCash
    I'm just giving you crap. I feel so bad for Hossa..that Torres is a piece of ****.

vCash
    I find it funny that so many people were *****ing about Torres' suspension being unfair because there have been similar hits, blah, blah. That hit might affect Hossa for the rest of his career. Meanwhile Torres will be back skating and trying to hurt people for some team next year.

vCash
    Marian Hossa could retire

I am told some in Hossa's inner circle are urging the injured winger to seriously assess whether risking further injuries is worth it in terms of his longterm health. Apparently, doctors feel he will make a full recovery from what I was told was a "severe" whiplash. But thus far, I'm told, Hossa has not progressed in recovery from the concussion he also received.

This is a man who has made a lot of money the past few seasons: well in excess of $20 million since 2008, not to mention prior earnings. He has a Stanley Cup ring. He is a rock star in his homeland, where his family is really at the center of the national hockey program. He has a beautiful wife and a baby daughter. And coming off shoulder, groin/hip, neck and now multiple head injuries, he is turning 34 next season.

Personally, I think this decision will be made later in the summer, when Hossa's had time to heal up and rest—and very likely he could decide to return for at least one more season.

However, if Hossa is still experiencing concussion symptoms at that point, I do not feel he will make a Crosby-esque effort to return to the ice. And at that point, perhaps concurrently with the advent of a new CBA, the Hawks would have both a huge hole in their top 6, and another $5+ million in cap room.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/John-...ming/128/44077
    Last edited by b1e9a8r5s; 04-25-2012 at 11:49 AM.

vCash
    I really hope he doesn't retire, but I would obviously understand if it's indeed this serious. You just don't want to risk further damage that will affect you well after your playing days are done.

vCash
    Obviously we all want Hossa healthy and life after the game is more important than trying to gut it out and getting hurt much worse

vCash
    Damn, that's awful. Such a damn shame that guys like Raffi Torres can go around ending top players' careers. Hope Hossa makes a full recovery and doesn't rush back to soon if he does play again. I hate to think about this, but if Hossa is done, do we make a push for Parise?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast