Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Marion Hossa Updates

I think we need a thread for Marian Hossa updates, which hopefully we will get over the course of the next couple of days.

I have heard via someone I know that it is a possible broken jaw. Obviously a concussion would not be out of the question as well.

Chicago Blackhawks Head Team Physician Dr. Michael Terry:

“Marian Hossa suffered an upper body blow in the first period of tonight’s game. After initial evaluation on the ice he was taken by ambulance to the hospital for further testing, which yielded encouraging results. He has been released from the hospital, and we are monitoring him closely at home. We anticipate a full recovery in a timetable yet to be determined. “

vCash
    If he is lucky, all it ends up being is a broken jaw. Looking at a 6-8 week recovery time, thus ending his season. But he'll be good to go next season.

The one thing I pray its not is a concussion. We don't need any more guys suffering from consussions this year. And Hossa is getting older, so recovery time for a concussion may keep him out a while.

Just keep our fingers crossed that he is healthy and recovers.
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

vCash
    We anticipate a full recovery in a timetable yet to be determined
    This makes it sound more like a concussion than a broken jaw, if it's not both. Timetable would've been given if it was merely a broken jaw imo.

vCash
    Hossa's a tough SOB

vCash
    Clearly Raffi was hunting a star player and took Hoss out when the chance presented itself. The guy is a total POS and a thug. This crap is outa control. How do you take out Hoss like that? Hoss is the total package player who does not play dirty. I for one do not like where the game is going. I watched the Pens/Flyers game on sunday with my son. Wanted to watch Crosby and Malkin play.

All the fighting and dirty plays destroyed the game. My son who is 6 said.. is that what hockey is dad? I told him no.. but its becoming a very common thing in the game. Dirty plays. Where is the respect here? I hope Hoss recovers and is able to play again. That was a horrible hit. I dont like that **** at all and was not happy Keith threw the elbow at cupcake Daniel Sedin. But.. after Shea Weber got the small fine for what was basically an assault... what should we expect now??? I hope hockey cleans this up.. I for one wont watch anymore if this is what it is. If I want to watch **** like that.. I will turn on MMA..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1990 View Post
    Clearly Raffi was hunting a star player and took Hoss out when the chance presented itself. The guy is a total POS and a thug. This crap is outa control. How do you take out Hoss like that? Hoss is the total package player who does not play dirty. I for one do not like where the game is going. I watched the Pens/Flyers game on sunday with my son. Wanted to watch Crosby and Malkin play.

All the fighting and dirty plays destroyed the game. My son who is 6 said.. is that what hockey is dad? I told him no.. but its becoming a very common thing in the game. Dirty plays. Where is the respect here? I hope Hoss recovers and is able to play again. That was a horrible hit. I dont like that **** at all and was not happy Keith threw the elbow at cupcake Daniel Sedin. But.. after Shea Weber got the small fine for what was basically an assault... what should we expect now??? I hope hockey cleans this up.. I for one wont watch anymore if this is what it is. If I want to watch **** like that.. I will turn on MMA..
    Agree with you. Playoff hockey has always been terrific, intense and physical. It has NOT been goonedup like this year. I blame this on the league, specifically Shanahan, for it's inconsistency in dealing with this crap. The refs are also squarely to blame, also. Not talking only about last nights game. If Danielle Sedin is properly penalized for his elbow on Keith's head, there is no retaliatory hit, no Sedin concussion, no Keith suspension, etc. Not to sound too homerish, but that's one of many examples league wide where proper control of a game and proper discipline prevents further similar actions or reactions. The lack of proper discipline for shae webers goonery is another great example.

I was at the game last night and talked to several people ive seen at hawks games over the years. Everyone of them had the same question. "what the heck is going on this year?" quite a few comparisons to the 70s, the 74/75 Flyers, etc.. The pit-phi game the other day was getting a little to close to Slap Shot for my liking. I mean Crosby and Giroux fighting each other?

It's gotta change before someone's career or life is ended. It starts with eliminating "players" like that piece of dung Torres.

vCash
    Just heard:

Hossa is to be re-evaluated today. Results are going to be sent to the NHL and used in Torres' hearing. Raffi is going to be sitting out for a while.

As I said yesterday, he will be the guy the NHL makes an example of. Not Shea Weber or Niklas Kronwall. We now know the policy.

Also hearing some things about Rocky Wirtz' role in all this. Will share when I know more and I can share. But Hawk fans should be proud of the way their owner is backing his team. - John Jaeckel
    Good news

vCash
    JJ (the Genetic Jackhammer),

Any more updates on Hossa than what you had earlier today?
    - Assman22

Here's what I know:

"Severe" whiplash (soft tissue injury), out 5-6 weeks. Also a concussion.

Was so swollen and in so much pain the other night, a complete diagnosis could not be made but they felt fairly confident he will be OK for summer training and next year.

He is being re-evaluated today so the results can be sent for Torres' hearing.

Torres, BTW, is f---ed.
    The optimism in me was hoping we'd have Hossa back later in this series, but to no avail. Just hope he can return to 100% again. My guess for Torres' punishment is 17 games and $2,500 fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    The optimism in me was hoping we'd have Hossa back later in this series, but to no avail. Just hope he can return to 100% again. My guess for Torres' punishment is 17 games and $2,500 fine.
    Wow, he's in bad shape. I hope this concussion won't linger, guess its good he has the offseason now to completely recover.

Torres, I hope he trips in front of a bus. This is the kind of **** where you need to make that example and boot Torres from the league.
    Last edited by synister281; 04-19-2012 at 02:22 PM.
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

vCash
    I really, really think that the NHL is going to give Torres the Matt Cooke treatment here.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the rest of the playoffs + 10 - 20 games next year just because of how reckless Torres has been over the last few years and because he is a repeat offender of targeting the head.

Hey, it worked for Matt Cooke...the guy is a poster boy for what long term suspensions can do to a straighten a player out.

vCash
    How have they not ruled on this yet?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I really, really think that the NHL is going to give Torres the Matt Cooke treatment here.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the rest of the playoffs + 10 - 20 games next year just because of how reckless Torres has been over the last few years and because he is a repeat offender of targeting the head.

Hey, it worked for Matt Cooke...the guy is a poster boy for what long term suspensions can do to a straighten a player out.
    Here's hoping you're right!!! For the first time in the series I'm looking forward to listening to the homer anouncers here in Phoenix. Can't wait to hear them make excuses like they did immediately following the hit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    How have they not ruled on this yet?
    The hearing isn't until tomorrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    The hearing isn't until tomorrow.
    Which is ******** if hes on the ice tonight. They've had 2 days

vCash
    Ruling coming today on Torres.

Go Bears, Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs, and Illini!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast