Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 3462 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 246229623362341234523460346134623463346434723512356239624462 ... LastLast
Results 51,916 to 51,930 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I was at the game so I have no idea what he said. Mind paraphrasing?
    Yes. During the first intermission, Eddie O was furious and suggested to the Coyotes that "maybe one of there elite guys should watch out."

Glad to see NHL suspended Torres indefinitely
    Also Saad is practicing with the team and is probably going to take Hossa's spot

Quote Originally Posted by Bleacher Bums View Post
    Glad to see NHL suspended Torres indefinitely
    Also Saad is practicing with the team and is probably going to take Hossa's spot
    Wow, talk about throwing him into the fire.

This could be very, very interesting.

I've sent this to you via PM, but I think it is an important note.

I was at the game and Bollig attempted to engage Torres on several other occasions throughout the night. Torres would not fight. You know that Torres saw the hit in between periods, you know that he knew it was a hit that he should have to answer for. However, he didn't. That isn't hockey and that isn't the NHL.

I hated what Weber did to Zetterberg. However, Bertuzzi asks Weber to fight immediately in the next game and Weber obliges. That is hockey and that is the NHL. You square off and settle your differences 1 on 1. Rene Bourque had to do the same earlier this year as well, and he knew it.

Torres is a coward for not answering the bell.
    Could not agree more. man up to your actions and pay the price if that's whats coming to you. As Boom! said, Weber answered the call, the two teams got the incident out of their systems, and they moved on.
    I was at the game , too, and it seemed like Torres wanted no part of anybody on the Hawks or even the puck.

Nothing worse than being a goon and a pu#@y at the same time. Torres is a lot of both.

Regarding revenge, we need to be careful and place priority on winning the game. Remember the 2009 conference championship against the wings when Kronwell knocked Havlat out cold in game 3? Hawks came back in game 4 looking to hurt the Wings and lost sight of what would have been the real revenge-winning the game. They took multiple bad penalties and got their ***** kicked 6-1. CANNOT afford to do this tomorrow.

Let's play a solid game, open up a lead like we shouldve done last night, and then knock one or two of their best players into next week cleanly.
    Last edited by Ort; 04-18-2012 at 01:58 PM.

Wow, talk about throwing him into the fire.

This could be very, very interesting.
    I know pretty surprised that they are throwing him right into playoff action. Rogers said he could see him playing wing with Toews but waiting for an interview after practice before he confirms anything

I know pretty surprised that they are throwing him right into playoff action. Rogers said he could see him playing wing with Toews but waiting for an interview after practice before he confirms anything
    I am guessing that it would be Saad or Hayes at this point. I would have been leaning towards Hayes because of his size and the fact that he has played in the top 6 at times with the Hawks this year...but we will see.

I am guessing that it would be Saad or Hayes at this point. I would have been leaning towards Hayes because of his size and the fact that he has played in the top 6 at times with the Hawks this year...but we will see.
    I don't see why they'd choose Saad over Hayes. Can't ever think of a time where a player went from OHL to NHL playoff starter. Hayes has the experience playing in the top 6, why try someone brand new like Saad?

Also btw, Frolik played well last night and I loved watching him on the ice. So much energy. Too bad he couldn't put the puck in the net on those two golden opportunities though.

Rogers claims Saad is playing tomorrow, wtf?!

Yup looks like Saad is the guy tomorrow. Don't know if I agree yet because like Boom! said we could really use Hayes' size. We need someone in front of the next especially with Shaw out and Hayes could be the perfect guy for that

Maybe they are using Saad since the Coyote coaching staff has little to no scouting report on him. He's 6'-1", 202 and a skilled player. I think Hayes is more of a big guy to get in the way out there, and they are looking for a guy who can create out there to take Hossa's place more than a guy to pound in front of the net.

But we shall see, if Saad can get some solid shifts, he's done his job.
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

Quote Originally Posted by synister281 View Post
    Maybe they are using Saad since the Coyote coaching staff has little to no scouting report on him. He's 6'-1", 202 and a skilled player. I think Hayes is more of a big guy to get in the way out there, and they are looking for a guy who can create out there to take Hossa's place more than a guy to pound in front of the net.

But we shall see, if Saad can get some solid shifts, he's done his job.
    I'd prefer Morin over Saad. Saad will probably end up being on line 1 or 2. Frolik played so well last night, I'd rather he took Hossa's spot than Saad and have Saad play on the energy line. I just can't see how they chose Saad over all the depth the team has in Rockford. OHL and NHL are completely different. Q has a hard on for Saad imo
    Last edited by Assman22; 04-18-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Well Saad did have 76 points in 44 games so its not like he is just calling up some random guy he liked

Well Saad did have 76 points in 44 games so its not like he is just calling up some random guy he liked
    I know his stats. It's a big jump to go from OHL to AHL, let alone OHL to NHL or even moreso, OHL playoffs to NHL playoffs. Lots of guys have stud numbers in OHL and never pan out to be anything in the NHL. I love Saad and don't get me wrong here, but I think there are better options available at this point, that's all.

Hossa's a tough SOB

Clearly Raffi was hunting a star player and took Hoss out when the chance presented itself. The guy is a total POS and a thug. This crap is outa control. How do you take out Hoss like that? Hoss is the total package player who does not play dirty. I for one do not like where the game is going. I watched the Pens/Flyers game on sunday with my son. Wanted to watch Crosby and Malkin play.

All the fighting and dirty plays destroyed the game. My son who is 6 said.. is that what hockey is dad? I told him no.. but its becoming a very common thing in the game. Dirty plays. Where is the respect here? I hope Hoss recovers and is able to play again. That was a horrible hit. I dont like that **** at all and was not happy Keith threw the elbow at cupcake Daniel Sedin. But.. after Shea Weber got the small fine for what was basically an assault... what should we expect now??? I hope hockey cleans this up.. I for one wont watch anymore if this is what it is. If I want to watch **** like that.. I will turn on MMA..