Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Posts
    14,818
    vCash
    1500

    Texas Rangers Off Topic Thread

    Post any off topic discussions here. I'll start by sharing this...

    http://www.theunticket.com/cj-wilson...-in-the-world/


    CJ Wilson, the worlds most douchiest man. Listen to the audio clip. Its priceless.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Metroplex
    Posts
    808
    vCash
    1500
    LOL - He certainly fancy's himself as "The most interesting man in the world"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,627
    vCash
    1500
    While I'll agree that CJ is a massive D-bag, I'm ready for all the "Most Interesting Man" jokes/fake commercials to die off. They were funny a couple years ago when the Dos Equis commercials came out, but now they're as overplayed as "That's what she said" and "Awkward"...and don't get me started on those two phrases.

    Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Posts
    14,818
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    While I'll agree that CJ is a massive D-bag, I'm ready for all the "Most Interesting Man" jokes/fake commercials to die off. They were funny a couple years ago when the Dos Equis commercials came out, but now they're as overplayed as "That's what she said" and "Awkward"...and don't get me started on those two phrases.
    I think they're funny. I went to a trade school that trained me in radio broadcasting and I had to make commercials and practice audio production. I made a dos equis commercial and had some pretty good ones.


    "Everybody loves Raymond... except him"


    "He once made a paraplegic run for his life"


    "He CAN believe its not butter"
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,049
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18 View Post
    I think they're funny. I went to a trade school that trained me in radio broadcasting and I had to make commercials and practice audio production. I made a dos equis commercial and had some pretty good ones.


    "Everybody loves Raymond... except him"


    "He once made a paraplegic run for his life"


    "He CAN believe its not butter"
    Horrible, yet disturbingly hilarious. Bravo, sir.
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

    Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,049
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    While I'll agree that CJ is a massive D-bag, I'm ready for all the "Most Interesting Man" jokes/fake commercials to die off. They were funny a couple years ago when the Dos Equis commercials came out, but now they're as overplayed as "That's what she said" and "Awkward"...and don't get me started on those two phrases.
    Haha, I see what you did there.
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

    Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Posts
    14,818
    vCash
    1500
    TAG's laugh when Molina got the triple he needed for the cycle makes me lol every time.

    http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...79212&c_id=mlb
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Posts
    14,818
    vCash
    1500
    Have any of you gotten tickets before in the all you can eat seats in the right field home run porch? Is the food any better or worse than the regular concession food?
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,359
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18 View Post
    Have any of you gotten tickets before in the all you can eat seats in the right field home run porch? Is the food any better or worse than the regular concession food?
    I have multiple times. The chicken sandwiches suck imo. The hot dogs and popcorn are mediocre. The nachos aren't bad at all. I'd say in general, it's a hair below what you'd get from concessions since it's all served basically in bulk, ready to go. And while concession stands do the same thing, it's not quite to the same degree.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    185
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzik View Post
    I have multiple times. The chicken sandwiches suck imo. The hot dogs and popcorn are mediocre. The nachos aren't bad at all. I'd say in general, it's a hair below what you'd get from concessions since it's all served basically in bulk, ready to go. And while concession stands do the same thing, it's not quite to the same degree.
    I disagree to a certain degree. The food may have not been the best, but aside from this year(moved to san marcos) every game i've been to in the past 3 years has been spent in the all-you-can-eat seats. The seats are actually a perfect view for watching the game in my opinion. The trick is to starve your self all day and then chow down once you get there. Hell me and my buddy would even sit there during dollar dog wednesdays.. The chicken sandwhichs are terrible i agree, but i enjoyed the dogs and nachos, unless you're getting the bottom of the bag chips. Few years back it was actually a steal with all of the unlimited soda, beer was like $7.25 though, of course when we started going the prices were like $23 for a ticket which made it worth it. Actually got to go to a game for the first time this year this past thursday (feldman started) and the tickets i guess now are like $45? So we did the honorable thing got the $7 grandstands and maneuvered our way from upper first base side to literally 3 rows behind first. It was much easier when the runs kept coming.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Posts
    14,818
    vCash
    1500
    Thanks Skizz. I have a chance to get tickets in the first row of the home run porch for May 30th against the Mariners for real cheap and just wanted to know about the food. Thanks for the insight.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Posts
    14,818
    vCash
    1500
    Chris Davis got the win in relief for the Orioles yesterday lol

    http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/vid...ic_id=28033182
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,426
    vCash
    1500
    MLBTR:

    Diamondbacks catcher Miguel Montero could be the next to end up in a tug of war between the Angels and Rangers. Angels GM Jerry Dipoto, of course, used to be with Arizona and the Rangers could lose Mike Napoli on the open market. Meanwhile, the Diamondbacks are looking for a young catcher as insurance if they lose Montero.

    Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Posts
    14,818
    vCash
    1500
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,049
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Rangers View Post
    MLBTR:

    Diamondbacks catcher Miguel Montero could be the next to end up in a tug of war between the Angels and Rangers. Angels GM Jerry Dipoto, of course, used to be with Arizona and the Rangers could lose Mike Napoli on the open market. Meanwhile, the Diamondbacks are looking for a young catcher as insurance if they lose Montero.
    Can we just give up Yorvit, get Montero, and keep Napoli please?

    Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18 View Post
    That was quite creepy.

    Who saw Yu rip one and clear the dugout last night? Dutch confirmed it was Yu today on the radio.

    http://deadspin.com/5908460/yu-darvi...-in-the-dugout
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

    Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •