Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 58

Thread: Lmfao!!!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    292
    vCash
    1500

    Lmfao!!!!

    My Rangers sales representative called me Saturday about my season ticket renewal. To put it nicely, I told him that I am waiting to see if we plan on doing anything in the market/trade/anything to make the club at least as good as it was last year before I re-up. My family has a 20 game package... At this point, I'd be inclined to spend my money on the Grand Prairie Air Hogs than the Rangers

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    292
    vCash
    1500
    That being said.....I'll prolly renew just as soon as we do ANYTHING positive beyond Soria.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,737
    vCash
    1500
    Ok...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,075
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jack of blades View Post
    ok...
    +1

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,425
    vCash
    1500
    Good for you. I hope they continue to hear similar feedback from their season ticket holders

    Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,737
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Rangers View Post
    Good for you. I hope they continue to hear similar feedback from their season ticket holders
    These kind of people are called fair weather fans folks. Sure he bought season tickets last year after two consecutive trips to the World Series, but when he thinks the Rangers are gonna suck this year he doesn't want to go to the games. Way to support your team

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,357
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    These kind of people are called fair weather fans folks. Sure he bought season tickets last year after two consecutive trips to the World Series, but when he thinks the Rangers are gonna suck this year he doesn't want to go to the games. Way to support your team
    I personally have had access to season tickets for over a decade...and it's hard for me to justify paying for tickets that have had their prices raised when the team has notably gotten worse and has no obvious way of improving. As I said in another post, I support the Rangers, but not their front office right now.

    I will always be bitter that the current ownership won with a smaller bid than Cuban because Cuban's group also had to pay the current ownership group if Cuban's group had won. I'm so sick of having cheap owners. This ownership group is riding on the success that was built before they owned this team.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,425
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzik View Post
    I personally have had access to season tickets for over a decade...and it's hard for me to justify paying for tickets that have had their prices raised when the team has notably gotten worse and has no obvious way of improving. As I said in another post, I support the Rangers, but not their front office right now.

    I will always be bitter that the current ownership won with a smaller bid than Cuban because Cuban's group also had to pay the current ownership group if Cuban's group had won. I'm so sick of having cheap owners. This ownership group is riding on the success that was built before they owned this team.
    This is exactly how I feel as well. The Rangers have shed millions of dollars off of the payroll this offseason, but yet the prices in my section went up. What I am paying the extra money for? We have no true super star players anymore. The Rangers lost 3 of their more popular players. We struck out on the FA we were targeting for the 3rd year in a row. I am still going to be a diehard fan. I am still going to go to a fair # of games. I just refuse to pay more for what will be an inferior product, especially when the payroll has dropped so much.

    Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,625
    vCash
    1500
    I honestly dont blame anyone for refusing to pay higher season ticket prices for an inferior product because the FO has been awful this offseason and done absolutely nothing to show that they are trying to win a championship. To call them fair weather fans is just plain ignorant, they are not saying they wont be cheering for the Rangers anymore they are just basically stating that they will not be giving to the owners when the owners are not giving to the fans.......until this ownership shows they want to do what it takes to win and improve the team, I fully agree with anyone who refuses to pay the higher prices.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,737
    vCash
    1500
    So you guys would rather them blow $125 million for 5 years on an unpredictable, 31 year old, injury prone, drama queen? How about trade Profar and Martin Perez for Dickey because that's about the equivalent to Toronto's offer? They also did all they could to sign Greinke, I believe they actually offered around the same amount LAD did. He said he was extremely impressed with the Texas organization but ultimately chose LAD because he thought they have a better shot at the WS. Don't forget the deal they had for Upton that almost went through; Arizona backed out at the very last second. Texas actually told other GMs that they had gotten Upton. Also, don't forget this offseason is far from over. I applaud them for not overreacting and making a panic move like other teams have done. This is what's going to make the Texas Rangers perennial contenders unlike some other teams that are going all in because they only have a 2-3 year window to win (LAD and LAA).

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,425
    vCash
    1500
    JOB, I don't think any of us are stating that the Rangers should be blowing money left and right. What I am personally pissed at (and I think others are as well) that the payroll had dropped big time, but yet my ticket prices are going up. If my prices were to have stayed the same I would have very likely been doing season tickets again.

    I am also getting worn thin on all of the near misses this team has had. I don't know the exact count but it seems like we have just barely missed out on 7-8 huge signings/off season trades. We just cant expect great players to fall in our lap. One day we are going to have to add that extra year, or top prospect, or a few million additional dollars to get the players we need.

    Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    3,248
    vCash
    1500
    I would completely agree. Ask the guy, so what exactly are you guys doing with all the money that I am spending on tickets? I mean I already have to buy another effing jersey again? Personally ask the guys what their plan is to fix the team. This offseason has been a nightmare of epic proportions.
    2012 Texas Rangers Offseason

    "I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

    Texas Rangers 2010-11 American League Champions!

    Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,628
    vCash
    1500
    Fair weather fans? What a crock of ****.

    I've been a fan of the team through some pretty thin years here in Arlington and I'm pretty sure some of the others on this board have been too. Too call people "fair weather" just because they don't shell out their hard earned money on a product that doesn't meet expectations is ludicrous.

    When/if this ownership group decides to continue investing in a good product, then I'll spend money on it. In the meantime, I'll refrain from putting my cash directly into their pockets, watch the games on TV and go on Stubhub and grab tickets to a few games I want to go to.

    Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,737
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    Fair weather fans? What a crock of ****.

    I've been a fan of the team through some pretty thin years here in Arlington and I'm pretty sure some of the others on this board have been too. Too call people "fair weather" just because they don't shell out their hard earned money on a product that doesn't meet expectations is ludicrous.

    When/if this ownership group decides to continue investing in a good product, then I'll spend money on it. In the meantime, I'll refrain from putting my cash directly into their pockets, watch the games on TV and go on Stubhub and grab tickets to a few games I want to go to.
    Yes, not going to games anymore because you think your team is gonna suck is the definition of a fair weather fan. Now I didn't know about the rising ticket prices because I can't afford to go to games and haven't been to one in a couple of years. I will say though that you can't expect them not to rise when your team wins back to back AL pennants.

    The Rangers FO actually won some award for best front office in baseball last year and JD was GM of the year in 2010. Just have faith because they know a lot more about baseball and the business of baseball than we do.
    Last edited by Jack of Blades; 12-17-2012 at 01:26 AM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,628
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    Yes, not going to games anymore because you think your team is gonna suck is the definition of a fair weather fan. Now I didn't know about the rising ticket prices because I can't afford to go to games and haven't been to one in a couple of years. I will say though that you can't expect them not to rise when your team wins back to back AL pennants.

    The Rangers FO actually won some award for best front office in baseball last year and JD was GM of the year in 2010. Just have faith because they know a lot more about baseball and the business of baseball than we do.
    Ah, okay then. You buy my tickets and I'll go out to as many games as makes me a true fan in your eyes.

    BTW, I'll take a new Elvis Andrus jersey too. I've been wanting one for the last couple years. I can give you my address in private message if you need to know where to send it. I'd buy one myself but I hate to shell out $300, even though he's my favorite Ranger, considering the Rangers may deal him and not re-sign him. Still, I want to be a good Ranger fan, so thanks in advance for all the tickets and gear.


    Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •