Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    I know Y2K will be thrilled. We just signed his favorite ball player ever.

Seriously though... BIG FAN of this signing. If he can bat around .280 and give us 20+ home runs like he did last season I will be happy. This was a no brainer signing IMO after the departures of Josh and Nap. Provides leadership behind the plate and a quality left handed bat in your lineup. About time you did something productive, Rangers!
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Power left handed bat for the 7 or 8 hole. **In my best Borat voice** "very niiice"

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...ierzynski.html

vCash
    Like this signing!! Im not so worried out this offseason...when teams wanna unload at the trade deadline...we still have all our pieces

vCash
    I'm fine with this. It's a one year deal, so low risk. Plus, we HAD to have a left-handed bat, so he'll fill that role also.

The Rangers will have to do A LOT more though for me to think we have a competitive team.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    Good signing, Soto is not that great of a catcher. AJ can play there some, DH some and try to get Soto more ABs versus lefties and fewer versus righties. All around good move.

vCash
    I like the signing if its for like 3 or 4 million i have not heard how much yet.We still need some more pitching i hear we may be in on J.P.Howell would like that alot.I still hope we can get Arizona to take Olt and a few more prospects for Upton.

vCash
    Great to see us signing him to a one year deal. Especially considering all of the crazy contracts that have been signed over the past few weeks.

We still need one more at bat, someone to play in the OF or DH. AJ fills a big gap though.

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Rangers View Post
    Great to see us signing him to a one year deal. Especially considering all of the crazy contracts that have been signed over the past few weeks.

We still need one more at bat, someone to play in the OF or DH. AJ fills a big gap though.
    Raul Ibanez or Cody Ross would make some sense.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parman4818 View Post
    I like the signing if its for like 3 or 4 million i have not heard how much yet.We still need some more pitching i hear we may be in on J.P.Howell would like that alot.I still hope we can get Arizona to take Olt and a few more prospects for Upton.
    looks like its for $7.5 mil...I dont mind that though if he can repeat what he did this past year, would be a steal

vCash
    Not a bad deal at all. Assuming Napoli's contract goes through, Nap has to be smiling ear to ear.

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    Think we should have added a team option for '14 to the contract. Sure we'll get the draft pick if he has a great year and we extend him a qualifying offer and he turns it down to test FA. On the other hand what do we do at C next year if he's gone? Deglan and Alfaro are still going to be a year or two away to start '14, and the '14 FA pool of FA catchers doesn't look that great.

vCash
    Its a logical signing from our end, with little risk on a one year deal. It was honestly about the only option we could make.

Either way though, this won't make much of a difference for us. AJ isn't some missing piece like a Vlad Guerrero was. Even if he has a good season, we are stuck in the exact same boat next year. I have no idea how or when we will ever have an solidity at catcher again.
    2012 Texas Rangers Offseason

"I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

Texas Rangers 2010-11 American League Champions!

Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
    Its a logical signing from our end, with little risk on a one year deal. It was honestly about the only option we could make.

Either way though, this won't make much of a difference for us. AJ isn't some missing piece like a Vlad Guerrero was. Even if he has a good season, we are stuck in the exact same boat next year. I have no idea how or when we will ever have an solidity at catcher again.
    I think they are trying to plug 1-2 years, maybe 3, until Jorge Alfaro is ready. He has a Profar like ceiling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parman4818 View Post
    What the **** is up with everyone man??? Most act as if they are the grandkids of the owners and their inheritance is being spent on contracts.. What the ****... This new ownership is flush with money and due to missing across the board this off season they are spending Jack **** next year and people like Parman worry that they might pay AJ more than 3 or 4 million a year. Your Faux austerity posture is amusing...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast