Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 985
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    99
    vCash
    1500
    If we resign Bourne and leave prado at 3rd I can see maybe gattis and constanza platoon lf

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    7,235
    vCash
    1500
    You guys don't understand micheal bourn will be 30 after this season and his speed will be gone soon. If we could sign him to a 2 or 3 year deal and give our young raw OFs a chance to get mlb ready than hell yeah, but boras is gonna want a 5+ year contract or 3 years at a stupid amount of money. I am all for it because his speed shouldn't drop off too much over the next 2 or 3 seasons, but 4,5,6 years from now it will and that contract will be back loaded im sure with boras being the agent.

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    96
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderKid318 View Post
    You guys don't understand micheal bourn will be 30 after this season and his speed will be gone soon. If we could sign him to a 2 or 3 year deal and give our young raw OFs a chance to get mlb ready than hell yeah, but boras is gonna want a 5+ year contract or 3 years at a stupid amount of money. I am all for it because his speed shouldn't drop off too much over the next 2 or 3 seasons, but 4,5,6 years from now it will and that contract will be back loaded im sure with boras being the agent.
    Say word!

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    96
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Braves_Fan_RSD View Post
    Yak. David wright is 29
    dang my fuzzy math!

  5. #110
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kennesaw, Ga
    Posts
    8,622
    vCash
    1500
    RHP Ryan Dempster to the Atlanta Braves for RHP Kris Medlen and LHP Mike Minor

    The Braves’ decision this week to call up Double-A shortstop Andrelton Simmons and option Tyler Pastornicky spoke volumes about their understanding of how good the Miami Marlins and Washington Nationals have become. A sense of urgency has overcome the organization, and as such Medlen, who has been one of the team’s solid relievers, was sent to Triple-A to stretch out as a starter.

    Dempster still is pitching very well and can offer quality starts and adds another proven winner to the Braves’ rotation. At 35, he should be on a contending team. When the Cubs are ready to win he’ll be long gone.

    Also, pitching deep into games is important for the Braves’ young relievers like Jonny Venters and Craig Kimbrel, and right now they’re not getting it from their fourth and fifth starters. They do have Julio Teheran waiting in the wings if they are faced with another injury but certainly don’t want to rush him.

    The Cubs, of course, will try to get Teheran or Randall Delgado straight up for Dempster, but the Braves will certainly reject those offers. The combination of Medlen and Minor might be a fair compromise. Medlen still is just 26 and has the potential of being a solid 10- to 12-game winner. Minor is 24 and despite a horrendous start to 2012 -- including giving up a league-leading 13 home runs -- still has the potential to be a solid back-of-the-rotation starter.

    If the Cubs are comfortable that Jair Jurrjens is healthy or is going to be they could also substitute him in for Medlen in this deal.
    Jim Bowden ESPN

    Now I know Bowden is a moron but he is the second person to tie us to Dempster. Although the trade above is ridiculously stupid, just thought Dempster might be worth discussing given that DOB also mentioned him

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,930
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Braves_Fan_RSD View Post
    Jim Bowden ESPN

    Now I know Bowden is a moron but he is the second person to tie us to Dempster. Although the trade above is ridiculously stupid, just thought Dempster might be worth discussing given that DOB also mentioned him
    i would like to trade for Dempster, but let's not forget that he will be a rental, just Minor or Medlen are too much for a couple of months of Dempster, and this guy trade both for him is insane.

    I will trade Todd Redmond/Jurrjens and a C prospect for him.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,930
    vCash
    1500
    Tonight is the amateur draft, can one of the Mods please make a thread so we can follow braves picks there?

  8. #113
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kennesaw, Ga
    Posts
    8,622
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    i would like to trade for Dempster, but let's not forget that he will be a rental, just Minor or Medlen are too much for a couple of months of Dempster, and this guy trade both for him is insane.

    I will trade Todd Redmond/Jurrjens and a C prospect for him.
    Exactly why i put that Jim Bowden is a moron and the trade proposal was ridiculously stupid lol

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Quantico, VA
    Posts
    1,420
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Tonight is the amateur draft, can one of the Mods please make a thread so we can follow braves picks there?
    2012 draft thread is in here ill bring it back to the top
    Sgt Devildog
    USMC

    Its Not A Religion its a Faith... Semper Fi
    Braves Fan For Life!

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    HOTLANTA
    Posts
    3,348
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Braves_Fan_RSD View Post
    Exactly why i put that Jim Bowden is a moron and the trade proposal was ridiculously stupid lol
    ESPN could get a guy much better than Bowden. He always has something stupid to say.

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,210
    vCash
    1500
    Bowden is entering that Tiki-Barber-On-NBC-Territory of annoying people I don't want to get "reports" from.

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,471
    vCash
    1500
    I will resign Bourn if the length is 4 years or less guaranteed, which I doubt will happen with Boras as his agent. Speed is his main attribute and that will begin to decline in the next three years. Plus we will get another first round pick if we let him go to FA. I just wish the OF class was a little stronger

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,210
    vCash
    1500
    Anyone else watching the Euros? Today's matches should be more entertaining than the opener.

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    92,112
    vCash
    1500
    Because the group of death is playing today. If there was anytime to start watching it's now.

    Holland/Denmark

    Germany/Portugal.

    Woo baby, should be fun.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,210
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah, although I prefer Darke and McManaman on the call. Maybe the best PBP duo since Madden and Summerall.

Page 8 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •