Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 155563646566 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyRyback View Post
    I really like the idea of Kendrys Morales. I watch a good number of Angels games and I don't think his D would be great but his bat could be great for us. He obviously wouldn't be a leadoff guy but I think he could be had for relatively cheap.

I can't see any way in hell they trade Trumbo, and Bourjos still has a way to go. Morales for only Delgado seems to be reasonable to me.
    Delgado for 1 year of Morales? No way, he will probably be a really bad fielder and he is a big injury risk, and even his bat right now is a question mark.

vCash
    per DOB:

"The Braves have Angels outfielder/first baseman Mark Trumbo on their radar, according to David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution (on Twitter). Earlier today, it was reported that the Halos are very likely to trade either Trumbo or Peter Bourjos for a pitcher. However, Trumbo appears to be less available than Bourjos."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hagausaf View Post
    per DOB:

"The Braves have Angels outfielder/first baseman Mark Trumbo on their radar, according to David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution (on Twitter). Earlier today, it was reported that the Halos are very likely to trade either Trumbo or Peter Bourjos for a pitcher. However, Trumbo appears to be less available than Bourjos."
    Interesting...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Delgado for 1 year of Morales? No way, he will probably be a really bad fielder and he is a big injury risk, and even his bat right now is a question mark.
    He hurt himself in a dumb way jumping on homeplate...I'd hardly call that an injury risk. Defense in left field isn't very high on the priority list anyhow. He doesn't fit in Atlanta, especially for a one year rental. TRUMBO--That is a fit for the next 10 years.

vCash
    Trumbo would be awesome but how much would it take to get a player of his caliber?

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    If the Angels really aren't looking to deal, Wren would have to dramatically overpay for a player who isn't that cheap to begin with.

That said, you have to love the pop in Trumbo's bat. The Braves might lead the league in strikeouts with the addition of him and Upton, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    If the Angels really aren't looking to deal, Wren would have to dramatically overpay for a player who isn't that cheap to begin with.

That said, you have to love the pop in Trumbo's bat. The Braves might lead the league in strikeouts with the addition of him and Upton, though.
    I think we could beat a season record with him added.

Have to look up the record for strikeouts among a team over one season.

EDIT: Record is 1,529 by the 10' Dbacks.

vCash
    Uggla: 160~
    Upton: 155~
    Freeman: 135~
    Heyward: 135~
    Trumbo: 135~
    McCann: 85~
    Simmions: 80~
    Prado: 65~

Thats alot of Ks...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post

Thats alot of Ks...
    IF we had Smoltz, Glavine & Maddox back, then there would be alot of 1-0 games played in less than 2 hours.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post

Thats alot of Ks...
    Yikes.... Also a lot of HRs on the other side of those K's though. Like top 5 in the MLB kinda HRs.

vCash
    The 162 average for the lineup would be:

Uggla - 31
    Upton - 20
    Freeman - 23
    Heyward - 22
    Trumbo - 33
    McCann - 25
    Simmons - 10 (about what he was on pace for)
    Prado - 12

Just those eight would have been good enough to put the Braves in 10th place in MLB last season. They got 24 HRs from the bench last year. Factor that in, and they place 5th (tied with Texas). As far as the NL goes, they'd trail only the Brewers (by 2).

Not that HRs equal success as both teams in the World Series were below league average, and the Giants were dead last in all MLB.

vCash
    Tom Hart is announcing this bowl game on ESPN, I knew the voice sounded familiar.

vCash
    Kendrys Morales has one year left on contract & a Boras client...NO WAY do you give up Delgado for a "maybe" type of player anyhow. He will end up in Tampa Bay as a DH.
    Last edited by coachmac; 12-17-2012 at 09:16 PM.

vCash
    I'm seeing the Angels doing their best to get rid of Vernon Wells & word is the Yankees are interested...of course LAA will have to pay big $$$ to get them to take most of his 21 million/2 year contract. The Braves would need to do one of their famous overpays (ala Texeira) to get Trumbo...plus the Angels will put Bourjos in line next before MT anyway, so I wouldn't count on it.

CRAZY THOUGHT OF THE MONTH: Put Uggla in left & go find a second baseman to bat leadoff.
    Last edited by coachmac; 12-17-2012 at 09:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coachmac View Post
    I'm seeing the Angels doing their best to get rid of Vernon Wells & word is the Yankees are interested...of course LAA will have to pay big $$$ to get them to take most of his 21 million/2 year contract. The Braves would need to do one of their famous overpays (ala Texeira) to get Trumbo...plus the Angels will put Bourjos in line next before MT anyway, so I wouldn't count on it.

CRAZY THOUGHT OF THE MONTH: Put Uggla in left & go find a second baseman to bat leadoff.
    Uggla has a noodle arm lol.

Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 155563646566 LastLast