Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyRyback View Post
    I haven't seen that. I've seen 12 speculated including with Bowman. Its probably between those two numbers. I'm sure if it came down to getting a great player that $2m would be easy to justify or make moves to free up that money.
    That 12 number was before resigning Reed, so knock it down to around 10 or less.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Hope so, don't want him.
    I was wrong, we could afford him. Three years 25 mill is apparently his asking price.

vCash
    Asdrubal Cabrera, arguably the top shortstop available, has drawn trade interest as a third baseman. Before the Winter Meetings began, the Indians and Phillies discussed a trade that would have sent the shortstop to Philadelphia for Vance Worley and prospects, Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.*

The Phillies, who have since sent Worley to the Twins and acquired Michael Young*from the Rangers, would have used Cabrera at third base, according to Hoynes. While the Phillies offered Worley and two prospects, the Indians wanted more.

Cabrera, 27, will earn $6.5MM in 2013 and $10MM in 2014 before his contract expires. The switch hitter can block trades to the Red Sox, Yankees, Tigers, Nationals, Giants and Mets. In 616 plate appearances this past season, he posted a .270/.338/.423 batting line.

The Indians appear to have closed the books on Kevin Youkilis, though they still have needs in left field and at DH. Nick Swisher remains a target for Cleveland, according to Hoynes. GM Chris Antonetti hopes to add to his rotation and the Indians have been in touch with most free agent starters.
    He is a very good player, and we could use him at third base for the next two years, i see him as a 3 WAR player so his valuable, at 16.5M for the next two years make him very affordable, a deal around Delgado could get the talks going.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    He is a very good player, and we could use him at third base for the next two years, i see him as a 3 WAR player so his valuable, at 16.5M for the next two years make him very affordable, a deal around Delgado could get the talks going.
    He has played 3B 11 games in the minors and once in the majors. Hasn't done so in 7 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    He has played 3B 11 games in the minors and once in the majors. Hasn't done so in 7 years.
    He has been a SS in the majors, so it won't be a big difference, if there are teams looking to move him there is because he can.

vCash
    If we are going to trade with the Indians lets get Choo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgcslugger33 View Post
    If we are going to trade with the Indians lets get Choo.
    Why? If Cabrera could play third he'd be the better option. Two years of control vs. one. Choo can't hit left handed pitching, Cabrera would be the better choice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjaschler View Post
    Why? If Cabrera could play third he'd be the better option. Two years of control vs. one. Choo can't hit left handed pitching, Cabrera would be the better choice.
    Yea if the price is anywhere near the same, Cabrera is the guy. I would think that would mean the flip was on for Justin, but if not our defense would be amazing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Yea if the price is anywhere near the same, Cabrera is the guy. I would think that would mean the flip was on for Justin, but if not our defense would be amazing!
    The years is really the biggest thing to me if he can in fact play third well enough for it to work. Next years free agent options are decidedly lacking so I don't see a one year stop gap working unless we're certain we have a prospect that is going to be able to take over.

vCash
    Cabrera's got to get back to driving it off right-handed pitchers. In 2011 vs RHP, he had a .468 SLG% with 19 homers. In 2012 vs RHP, he had a .416 SLG% with 11 homers. But he's younger than Choo, and has put up good numbers with RISP. If he can handle 3B, I'm all for it.

vCash
    Indians are in talks to trade for Choo, with Drew Stubbs being the center of talks.. No pun intended

vCash
    Itd be a nice move by Wren if he could pull Cabrera.. Pretty damn good defensively and sure he could make the transition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjaschler View Post
    The years is really the biggest thing to me if he can in fact play third well enough for it to work. Next years free agent options are decidedly lacking so I don't see a one year stop gap working unless we're certain we have a prospect that is going to be able to take over.
    I have no doubts that he will be able to handle 3rd defensively. I'll go as far as to say he is an upgrade defensively over Prado and Chipper! The question to me is canhe capture his 2011 power while keeping and improving his 2012 OBP?

As far as stop gap..... The Braves where so high on Joey T and him replacing Chipper, they skipped him over double A to triple A. SO even though he didn't fare all that well in the first half of the season, I would think FW didn't loose all faith in him for one bad half. SO when fans bring up stop gaps and why the Braves have not extended Prado, I always think where does FW now view this kid. If I remeber correctly he's played 1rst, 3rd, and LF.

vCash
    This possible Choo trade might mean Cabrera is off the table too. We'll see, I think it's a play in to a 3 team deal for Justin Upton probably involving the Rangers.

As for Terd, he can't play third. His defense is really bad, he'll end up being a first baseman.

vCash
    Now theyre talking about keeping gregorius and trading Cabrera.

Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast