Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 58 of 66 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Damn that's a bad deal, thank God FW stay away from Shane.
    That's just the market these days. Which is why it's critical that the Braves move aggressively on any player that has a preference for Atlanta, the way they did with B.J. Upton. And why it's also critical that they work on extensions for some of their young players ASAP.

vCash
    If we can get Ellsbury for a relative pittance, I'd jump on it to play him in Left. He had a shoulder injury last year and struggled, but he was an MVP candidate only a year ago, would be an ideal leadoff man and can is a good defender.

Obviously has similar weaknesses as Choo, such as having only 1 year of control and is a Boras client, but he is younger and is good against righties and lefties. i also think Boston is looking for less in return.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyRyback View Post
    If we can get Ellsbury for a relative pittance, I'd jump on it to play him in Left. He had a shoulder injury last year and struggled, but he was an MVP candidate only a year ago, would be an ideal leadoff man and can is a good defender.

Obviously has similar weaknesses as Choo, such as having only 1 year of control and is a Boras client, but he is younger and is good against righties and lefties. i also think Boston is looking for less in return.
    My thoughts exactly! Just wondering about cost.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    My thoughts exactly! Just wondering about cost.
    I'd probably do it for Minor but not Delgado or Teheran. I would think it could get it done. Then we'd be thin at the 4-5 SP tho.

vCash
    don't know if Ichiro has been discussed much here but I think signing him is a good idea for leadoff and LF...he's not a young option that Wren mentioned but he's still very solid...we can also have Gattis as a 5th OF to give Ichiro a break while ganing experience at the major league level then Simmons could get some leadoff at-bats on those days as well....Ichiro would be relatively cheap on a 1yr deal as well...

http://www.talkingchop.com/2012/12/3...on-for-atlanta
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

vCash
    Day three of the meetings, everybody has had time to get a feel for whose available and what it will take to get them. I think today will be filled with several deals. Time for wren to surprise us I could see Bonaficio coming from Toronto for super utility role then signing a lesser LF like Ludwick or Ichiro or even trading for kubel.

vCash
    Seems Braves have intrest in Emilio Bonifacio, Jays have intrest in moving him.

Not the power guy in LF we need but could be a lead off.

Or he might just be a super bench bat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Seems Braves have intrest in Emilio Bonifacio, Jays have intrest in moving him.

Not the power guy in LF we need but could be a lead off.

Or he might just be a super bench bat.
    Probaly a bench role with occasional starts here and there. He's like infante so we could plu him anywhere almost.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    Emilio would be interesting as a super ut or everyday 2B man if an Uggla trade can be made. I know he has the base stealing and base running threat to be in the lead-off hole. I think he's also a switch hitter. I'm unsure of what his obp numbers are though. If he comes cheap, I don't think it's a bad idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Emilio would be interesting as a super ut or everyday 2B man if an Uggla trade can be made. I know he has the base stealing and base running threat to be in the lead-off hole. I think he's also a switch hitter. I'm unsure of what his obp numbers are though. If he comes cheap, I don't think it's a bad idea.
    He had a .296 avg and .360 obp in 2011 while playing 152 games. Of cours last year he was hurt so his numbers were down.

vCash
    I would like him for the bench, but his bat doesn't translate well in LF. I'm aware that Uggla and Upton compensate with their above-average power for their positions, but I think the Braves should maximize production from the position. To state a case for the guy, Bonifacio would be a good defender in LF and steals bases successfully 80% of the time. He also puts the ball in play, which is good for a leadoff hitter.

Maybe as a contingency plan, but I hope he isn't pursued aggressively now. Not for a starter, anyway.

vCash
    Just throwing it out there, you guys think there is a chance to resign Bourne if we free up a little more cash? I haven't heard about many teams making serious inquiries for him. Not that I think it'd be a good investment for a 30 year old who relies on his legs, but he's still an option.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyRyback View Post
    I'd probably do it for Minor but not Delgado or Teheran. I would think it could get it done. Then we'd be thin at the 4-5 SP tho.
    Agreed.. Id have Minor in the table for that deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by g-burn View Post
    Just throwing it out there, you guys think there is a chance to resign Bourne if we free up a little more cash? I haven't heard about many teams making serious inquiries for him. Not that I think it'd be a good investment for a 30 year old who relies on his legs, but he's still an option.
    Bourn will at least get 13-14 million. The Mariners,Rangers, and Phillies are all in on him, though the rangers view him as a fall back to J.Hamilton. We only have about 10 mil to cover a LF and 2 bench spots. If we free up cash by making trades, we are then creating unnecessary holes just to try and make him an offer. That's just the reality of it, we cant and don't plan on resigning him. Hopefully this helps answer your question.

vCash
    I see that Granderson has been made available.. 15 mil on his salary and for 1 yr so I dont think itd happen, but interesting at least.

Page 58 of 66 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast