Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 57 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westside View Post
    Thats dumb to even consider Heyward in any trade. Value or not. Heyward is a 30-30 threat and a legit 5 tool player. Future face of the Braves along with freeman and kimbrel.
    I'm not considering Heyward in any trade. Nor are the Marlins considering trading Stanton. But it's not unfair to note that, in the abstract, Stanton is the more valuable property of the two of them at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by mgcslugger33 View Post
    Although unlikely, I think the most efficient way to perfect this roster offensively would be to make two or three smaller trades instead of one big one with Arizona...

#1 Chase Headley to Atlanta- Yes, this would be a "big trade" but I would think it would be less than Upton. I feel like Simmons is our only chance to get Upton and we could get headley without creating a hole to fill. So maybe we build a package around Delgado/Minor/or Tehrean to get him, but we keep Simmons.

#2 Shin Soo Choo to Atlanta- With his expiring contract, we shouldnt have to give up anything prospect wise that really stings. With what wren got Bourn for I feel confident we could get Choo and Headley for far less than the Dbacks would want for Upton alone.

#3 Dan Uggla somewhere else- I think even with his salary we could move him. No, we wouldnt get much back . But thats ok. Maybe a team like the Dodgers would bite. Then you could move Prado back to 2nd where he can be elite at his position offensively again.
    I don't think Headley would be that much cheaper to acquire than Upton, honestly. Similarly elite player with upside and control remaining. Plus, the Padres pretty much said flat out today that they're not trading him. Choo will also require a significant piece; expiring contract or not, he's still plenty talented and plenty valuable. It wouldn't be a big multi-player package, but he could easily cost a top arm. Finally, Dan Uggla isn't going anywhere without the Braves eating most of his salary. Even if they were willing to give him away, no one would take him. The Braves have no leverage there.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
    https://twitter.com/ajcbraves/status/275681949027282944

LOL at that. The Rockies want Mike Minor in talks for Dexter Fowler...
    I wouldn't trade Minor for Fowler in a month of Sundays, given Fowler's dependence on Coors Field. But as beldugo noted, this does show you that Minor is in demand, and the Braves could potentially do much better selling him high than selling Teheran or Delgado low.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Bah..
    Meh. Wren has to say that in order to maintain his leverage. At no point during the winter can he afford to appear desperate. So I do still think he makes an acquisition. With that said, though, there actually is a solid amount of upside between Juan Francisco and Evan Gattis, and there comes a point where I would almost rather him NOT make a move. Rather than overpay for someone mediocre like Shane Victorino or Ryan Ludwick, I would just as soon see them try their hand with Francisco and Gattis. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, and they're able to make a trade for a solid stick in left field...but if not, I might rather take my chances with the kids with upside.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgcslugger33 View Post
    #1 Chase Headley to Atlanta- Yes, this would be a "big trade" but I would think it would be less than Upton. I feel like Simmons is our only chance to get Upton and we could get headley without creating a hole to fill. So maybe we build a package around Delgado/Minor/or Tehrean to get him, but we keep Simmons.

#2 Shin Soo Choo to Atlanta- With his expiring contract, we shouldnt have to give up anything prospect wise that really stings. With what wren got Bourn for I feel confident we could get Choo and Headley for far less than the Dbacks would want for Upton alone.

Quote Originally Posted by rtgthree View Post
    I don't think Headley would be that much cheaper to acquire than Upton, honestly. Similarly elite player with upside and control remaining. Plus, the Padres pretty much said flat out today that they're not trading him. Choo will also require a significant piece; expiring contract or not, he's still plenty talented and plenty valuable.
    I agree, further... if I am going to make a deal of this level, Justin Upton is where I place my money. Headley further wouldn't have the commitment that Upton would to stay in Atlanta after his last year of Arbitration. I really could see that being Texeria all over again. However, I think he could potentially be a incredible piece.

Choo is also a Boras client. I would just as well go after Ichiro and save the trade piece.

Quote Originally Posted by rtgthree View Post
    Rather than overpay for someone mediocre like Shane Victorino or Ryan Ludwick, I would just as soon see them try their hand with Francisco and Gattis. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, and they're able to make a trade for a solid stick in left field...but if not, I might rather take my chances with the kids with upside.
    Same, in fact I think this is why Wren and crew are going to make the rounds to review some fall league players in the upcoming week. To see how much faith we should put in these players.
    Last edited by Joe Smoe; 12-04-2012 at 01:15 AM.

vCash
    The Red Sox remodeling project continued today, as they agreed to terms with Shane Victorino on a three-year, $37.5MM contract. The 32-year-old, a client of John Boggs & Associates, slipped this year to a .255/.321/.383 line for the Phillies and Dodgers, but still did well in free agency. Victorino will play right field for the Red Sox, who previously signed Mike Napoli to play mostly first base, Jonny Gomes to play left field, and David Ross to help behind the plate.
    Damn that's a bad deal, thank God FW stay away from Shane.

vCash
    Wow, so Shane's making almost the same amount as Justin Upton right now? OK.

vCash
    damn, these OF's are getting paid...every single one of them. Didn't think Shane would be that expensive. Oh well...let the Red Sox continue to overpay for anyone.

vCash
    Victorino valued at around $13M makes the Upton deal look fantastic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    Victorino valued at around $13M makes the Upton deal look fantastic.
    Don't forget Hunter got 12M from Tigers and Pegan got 10M.

Upton is two years younger than all of them.

vCash

Ellsbury

I wonder what Boston would ask for in a trade for Ellsbury ? I know he was injured last year, but he could be our lead off hitter with both power and speed .

vCash
    no thanks to ellsbury
    Last edited by chipurmunki; 12-05-2012 at 12:56 AM.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    I would be willing to give them either Minor or Delgado and a lower level prospect. I do believe he is worth so much more when healthy. However the only issue is when has he been able to stay healthy for a whole season??? Only 3 of his 6 seasons has he managed to play a full season and also he is only here fo 1 season and is a Boras client.

vCash
    Also, we would only have him for a season, and seeing that he is a Boras client, aint no extension happening.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman_24_05 View Post
    I would be willing to give them either Minor or Delgado and a lower level prospect. I do believe he is worth so much more when healthy. However the only issue is when has he been able to stay healthy for a whole season??? Only 3 of his 6 seasons has he managed to play a full season and also he is only here fo 1 season and is a Boras client.
    What? No way, he is a 1 year rental. he isn't worth Minor or Delgado.

vCash
    Yeah we don't want to give up what it would take for a one year rental.

Interesting to note that the Sox offered us Ellsbury for Jurrjens a couple of years ago

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HickCaesar View Post
    Yeah we don't want to give up what it would take for a one year rental.

Interesting to note that the Sox offered us Ellsbury for Jurrjens a couple of years ago
    ???? It was Ells for Minor.

vCash
    No thanks
    BRING BACK CHICUBS!!!

Page 57 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast