Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
    vCash
    maybe we could swap uggla for soriano and get ahmed up here to play 2b!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgcslugger33 View Post
    I like many others think that Justin upton would be great if we could get him. I do think there is some risk of putting the brother together if things ever go bad, but its worth a shot. I think a guy that makes a ton of sense for us if Upton doesnt work out is Choo. He seems like a guy that Wren would like and it makes me even more curious that i havent seen us linked to him. We could acquire him much cheaper than upton (from a prospect standpoint) and then could sign him to an extension. you put him in the lead off spot and you have a line up arguably as good as with j. upton. You put Choo and Prado in front of Heyward, he will be a 120+ RBI guy.

Choo
    Prado
    Heyward
    BJ Upton
    Freeman
    Uggla
    McCann
    Simmons
    He's a very good choice, he will be a free agent after this year so he won't cost too much prospect wise, he can't hit lefties, that's an issue, and his defense is below average. But he is a 20-20 threat, Choo, Upton, Heyward. Three 20-20 guys in one lineup, that's awesome.

vCash
    Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale
    The #Dodgers are letting teams know that shortstop Dee Gordon is available, who could be a nice fallback for teams who don't sign Drew
    Dee might be a piece for AZ Upton deal... just an idea
    Sgt Devildog
    USMC

Its Not A Religion its a Faith... Semper Fi
    Braves Fan For Life!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Looking at what JT and RD are doing in the DRL and I'm kinda worried about the 5th spot.

Both with ERAs over 5, OA over .250 (JTs is over .300) and a WHIPs over 1.30
    I really wouldn't put too much stock in winter league results. The levels of competition are wildly varying, the umpires are notoriously inconsistent, and many teams the teams send players down there to work on something since MLB teams don't care about whether DWL teams win or lose.

Teheran is still a top prospect and let's not forget that Delgado put up 17 solid starts where it matters most, in the majors. No reason to panic here.

Quote Originally Posted by Atl Bill View Post
    maybe we could swap uggla for soriano and get ahmed up here to play 2b!
    Ahmed is not major-league ready right now. Not even close. He's still got a lot of improving to do with the bat to even be a utilityman, let alone a starting second baseman. The decision to start the 2012 season with an obviously unready Tyler Pastornicky cost the Braves dearly, so let's hope they don't make such a mistake again.

The Braves should not give up anything of value to get Soriano; the Cubs are apparently willing to give him away while eating most of his salary just to be rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by devildogdco View Post
    I thought the same thing. Always good to hear about an available shortstop, for the sake of negotiations with Arizona.

vCash
    Heyward, Pastornicky, McCann to the Marlins for Stanton

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Clown View Post
    Heyward, Pastornicky, McCann to the Marlins for Stanton
    Stanton has more value than Heyward at this time, as discussed above. Including a marginal prospect and an expiring contract don't do anything to move the needle for the Fish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rtgthree View Post
    Stanton has more value than Heyward at this time, as discussed above. Including a marginal prospect and an expiring contract don't do anything to move the needle for the Fish.
    Thats dumb to even consider Heyward in any trade. Value or not. Heyward is a 30-30 threat and a legit 5 tool player. Future face of the Braves along with freeman and kimbrel.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    Although unlikely, I think the most efficient way to perfect this roster offensively would be to make two or three smaller trades instead of one big one with Arizona...

#1 Chase Headley to Atlanta- Yes, this would be a "big trade" but I would think it would be less than Upton. I feel like Simmons is our only chance to get Upton and we could get headley without creating a hole to fill. So maybe we build a package around Delgado/Minor/or Tehrean to get him, but we keep Simmons.

#2 Shin Soo Choo to Atlanta- With his expiring contract, we shouldnt have to give up anything prospect wise that really stings. With what wren got Bourn for I feel confident we could get Choo and Headley for far less than the Dbacks would want for Upton alone.

#3 Dan Uggla somewhere else- I think even with his salary we could move him. No, we wouldnt get much back . But thats ok. Maybe a team like the Dodgers would bite. Then you could move Prado back to 2nd where he can be elite at his position offensively again.

Offensively and Defensively we are much improved.

Choo LF
    Prado 2b
    Headley 3b
    Heyward RF
    Freeman 1b
    Upton CF
    McCann C
    Simmons SS

vCash
    That would be a nice line-up. Just like you said it's not happening though.

vCash
    https://twitter.com/ajcbraves/status/275681949027282944

LOL at that. The Rockies want Mike Minor in talks for Dexter Fowler...

vCash
    if we didn't trade hanson for a reliever, i'd say him for fowler. but no way would be a good trade.
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
    https://twitter.com/ajcbraves/status/275681949027282944

LOL at that. The Rockies want Mike Minor in talks for Dexter Fowler...
    No way i do this trade, but it shows that Minor has a good trade value.

vCash
    Seems the Braves are looking more at Trades for a LF then signing any of the guys on the market.

vCash
    ajcbraves
    Wren said if #Braves don't trade for a LF (or sign FA, but that's unlikely now), he wouldn't be worried if had to go with in-hour options

Meaning Gattis, Constanza, or possibly Francisco at 3B w/ Prado more in LF. But #Braves Wren noted that wouldn't be ideal, hopes to get a LF
    Bah..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by devildogdco View Post
    Just thinking the samething. Wonder what they want for him?

Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast