Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 48 of 66 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    vCash
    braves trade minor there crazy, probably the 2nd best pitcher on the staff, and only going to get better

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dannybfast24 View Post
    braves trade minor there crazy, probably the 2nd best pitcher on the staff, and only going to get better
    He was the second best pitcher of the staff in the second half, but he's not the second or third maybe not the fourth best on the staff talent wise. I'd take Medlen, Beachy and Hanson. I really like Minor he's a very good pitcher this just tells you how good our rotation is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trevhipp7 View Post
    ATL gets: Josh Willingham, Denard Span
    MIN gets: Mike Minor, Randall Delgado, Tyler Pastornicky
    As others have said, this is too much for Span and Willingham. Hanson plus Minor OR Delgado would work, and I saw the post where you liked that idea. I would like to see the Braves shoot higher than Span in center field, especially because making this trade with Hanson would leave the Braves with over $18 million to spend and no place to spend it.

A Delgado-for-Willingham deal with a couple of extra prospects going to the Twins would be my personal preference, though it seems as though the Braves are more focused on Span.

Quote Originally Posted by hagausaf View Post
    Yea I wouldnt want to deal both Minor and Delgado to the Twins unless it was for Willingham and Hicks, not Span. You cant deal 2 pitchers with that kinda quality for a blah player like Span and an overachiever like Willingham. I get a semi when I think of Hicks though
    Can you justify calling Span "a blah player" and Willingham "an overachiever." Span's OPS last season was exactly one point below Michael Bourn's, and Span is also an excellent defender. And Willingham has done absolutely nothing except hit for his entire career.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Would Braves fans be satisfied with Span, Doumit, and Hicks for Hanson, Gilmartin, and Pastornicky?
    Absolutely. Getting back an underpaid everyday center fielder and and a guy who would likely be the #1 prospect in the Braves' system, plus a solid bat like Ryan Doumit for a risky and increasingly expensive arm, a future #4 starter and a throw-in? Unfortunately for Braves fans, the Twins would have to agree to any such trade.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    By Jonathan Cullen.
    Jonathan Cullen writes for Bleacher Report, so it makes sense that he'd be posting silliness like the Braves being willing to trade Mike Minor and two players for one year of Jacoby Ellsbury. Even if the two players are Dan Uggla and Jair Jurrjens, it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by dannybfast24 View Post
    He is definitely not the second-best pitcher on the staff. Good luck after the All-Star Break made him have the best results on the staff, but regression to the mean in his BABIP and HR/FB rates are going to cause trouble for your "only going to get better" prediction. Very valuable player, but not as good as he looked at the end of last season, in my opinion.

vCash
    I really dont think there would be anyway that the Twins would move Span and Hicks in the same deal to be honest. Kinda like how you guys were saying moving Minor and Delgado wouldn't make sense for your team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rtgthree View Post
    As others have said, this is too much for Span and Willingham. Hanson plus Minor OR Delgado would work, and I saw the post where you liked that idea. I would like to see the Braves shoot higher than Span in center field, especially because making this trade with Hanson would leave the Braves with over $18 million to spend and no place to spend it.

A Delgado-for-Willingham deal with a couple of extra prospects going to the Twins would be my personal preference, though it seems as though the Braves are more focused on Span.

Can you justify calling Span "a blah player" and Willingham "an overachiever." Span's OPS last season was exactly one point below Michael Bourn's, and Span is also an excellent defender. And Willingham has done absolutely nothing except hit for his entire career.

Absolutely. Getting back an underpaid everyday center fielder and and a guy who would likely be the #1 prospect in the Braves' system, plus a solid bat like Ryan Doumit for a risky and increasingly expensive arm, a future #4 starter and a throw-in? Unfortunately for Braves fans, the Twins would have to agree to any such trade.

Jonathan Cullen writes for Bleacher Report, so it makes sense that he'd be posting silliness like the Braves being willing to trade Mike Minor and two players for one year of Jacoby Ellsbury. Even if the two players are Dan Uggla and Jair Jurrjens, it doesn't make sense.

He is definitely not the second-best pitcher on the staff. Good luck after the All-Star Break made him have the best results on the staff, but regression to the mean in his BABIP and HR/FB rates are going to cause trouble for your "only going to get better" prediction. Very valuable player, but not as good as he looked at the end of last season, in my opinion.
    I would be really happy if we brought in Doumit as the back up catcher. Not only does he have a solid bat like you said but the guy can also play in the outfield. He would be a very nice option off the bench with his bat and position flexibility.

Would Tommy Hanson for Denard Span and Ryan Doumit be a fair deal?
    Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 11-11-2012 at 07:17 PM.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    ^ i think we'd need to add something else, like a good minor league prospect or something. pastornicky and gilmartin have been suggested if they throw in hicks.

what about sending them uggla? hanson and uggla for doumit/span/willingham? they have an old carroll who never really hits much at 2nd. we might could get their entire outfield if we throw him in, lol.

changing gears a bit, what would sd want for headley? he is signed at a cheap contract through the '14 season. they could use someone to anchor the back end of their rotation and some infield help. delgado or minor + our pujols look-alike mejia might help persuade them since he's obviously blocked by freeman. they also have hundley. if we don't go the doumit route, i can see him look good in a braves uni.

@dany- the braves most definitely would not be crazy to trade minor. i wouldn't throw him into just any trade like i would with uggla (not going there again, don't worry), but we could get more for minor. i dunno. i'd be fine trading either him or hanson if we addressed a pressing need.
    Last edited by chipurmunki; 11-20-2012 at 02:00 AM.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    Minor's value is very high right now, I wouldn't mind moving him for the right piece. I trust Wren.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HickCaesar View Post
    Minor's value is very high right now, I wouldn't mind moving him for the right piece. I trust Wren.
    I'd rather keep him. If he builds on how the finished last season we could have a really good pitcher on our hands. Medlen-Beachy-Minor could hold down the top of our rotation for a long time if Beachy returns to form and Minor continues to improve.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Stanton... let the rumors start!!!!
    Cpl Devildog
    USMC

Its Not A Religion its a Faith... Semper Fi
    Braves Fan For Life!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by devildogdco View Post
    Stanton... let the rumors start!!!!
    lol, he's not going anywhere. Notice that all the players they traded were high priced, FA signings. stanton will make under 4 mil.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    I dont see why you guys want to trade our players who are very talented and productive just to get some big name player who might under perform once they get to the braves. It makes 0 sense to trade our young, talented, controllable players just becuase they can get a good return. How do you think Pujols, Jeter, and Chipper got to where they are now? Young and talented doesnt mean trade them right away.

vCash
    Not every prospect pans out. George Lombard was supposed to change the world.

vCash
    wilson betemit
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    Geez whiz, would be nice to have Stanton tho...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    Not every prospect pans out. George Lombard was supposed to change the world.
    Im not talking about 'spects. Im talking about guys who actually come to the BIGS and ball out. I can see if it were some minor league phenom, but its guys who came in and helped us get to the post season. Simmons, Heyward,Freeman, Minor..etc will all be our core players of the future. Just for example.

Page 48 of 66 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast