Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 66 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I would rather spend the money wisely on 2 good outfielders than one big one...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    I would rather spend the money wisely on 2 good outfielders than one big one...
    That's fine, That was ment more toward the handful of guys that take there theory's for facts. And that think they are the only ones who read the entire article and highlight the writers opion as fact, instead of seperating the two.

vCash
    we could spend the money wisely on one big one. if that's what the team needs, i wouldn't say, 'no' just because he's a big name. some players are too good of an investment. big $$ most definitely does not always equal an unwise investment.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    That's fine, That was ment more toward the handful of guys that take there theory's for facts. And that think they are the only ones who read the entire article and highlight the writers opion as fact, instead of seperating the two.
    You can call it a "theory" if you want that the Braves aren't going to sign Josh Hamilton. It could happen. It's not impossible. Nor is it impossible that they sign Josh Hamilton, Zack Greinke, and trade Jason Heyward for Alex Rodriguez. But when both Braves beat writers have denied Hamilton rumors every time they come up, and a quick look at the payroll makes it obvious that signing Hamilton would eat up so much of the available space that putting together a full 25-man roster would be close to impossible...then it might as well be a fact.

To wit, this article only supports the viewpoint of the mysterious "handful of guys" (is this like a "binder of women"?) that the Braves passing on Hamilton is a FACT, rather than a THEORY. So if you did go through and read the whole article, it would seem that you'd have known better than to try and use it to make this point. Good try, though.

Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    we could spend the money wisely on one big one. if that's what the team needs, i wouldn't say, 'no' just because he's a big name. some players are too good of an investment. big $$ most definitely does not always equal an unwise investment.
    I agree that there's nothing intrinsically wrong with a big investment in one player. In fact, there's a very good chance that Hamilton will earn the contract given to him. But with the number of players the Braves have who are about to get into eight-figure territory salary-wise (Heyward, Prado, and Medlen, to name a few), committing more than a fifth of the payroll to a player as risky as Hamilton just becomes really difficult to justify.

vCash
    an old friend or foe headed to japan

Brooks Conrad has signed a contract with the Hanshin Tigers, according to a Sponichi report (Japanese link). Conrad hit just .131/.181/.306 in 105 plate appearances between the Brewers and Rays this season.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#DtlsV3IgQlI1bCf4.99

vCash
    What do you think the chances are that you guys retain Bourn?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Pretty close to zero. His price would have to fall back into the $50 million range over four years for the Braves to be players. From all reports, they understand the risks associated with a player so reliant on his speed. And with some estimates pegging Bourn for a $70-80 million contract, the Braves' offer is almost certain to fall way short of what it would take to sign him. The Braves have moved on to consider other options.

vCash
    I'm fine with him not being resigned. It's no biggie. The team that gives Bourn what he wants will be pretty mad in a year or two when he's NOT giving them what they want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I'm going to go with around 10%...... Scott and his clients are not known for taking discounts ( out side of Andrew Jones way back when) and this is likely to be Bourn's last big deal. You should never say never, but I'm going to set the percentage at really low.

vCash
    SO would the masses be okay with signing BJ and Hunter, moving Prado to 3B?

vCash
    As much as I think Bourn COULD/SHOULD be the answer for the Braves, he just doesn't live up to his headlines...with all the strikeouts, he just doesn't do what he's being paid to do offensively. No doubt on the defense, but alot of guys can go catch the ball. MY thought is why are the Braves so caught up in finding a basestealer, when as a philosophy, the organization hasn't done it in the last 25 years? Otis, Deion, Kenny or Michael would have had dozens more for any other team. I'd be happy with Span or Hunter for a mid-range price for a short term contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    I'm going to go with around 10%...... Scott and his clients are not known for taking discounts ( out side of Andrew Jones way back when) and this is likely to be Bourn's last big deal. You should never say never, but I'm going to set the percentage at really low.
    I think his dad and andruw negotiated that contract

vCash
    Yeah, I agree with you guys.

I honestly think Bourn will end up being one of the worse off-season contracts of this off-season. He will be paid more than he really should be.

vCash
    Here's a good 3-way trade idea

Indians get:
    Randall Delgado - RHP
    Tyler Pastornicky - SS
    Joey Terdoslavich - 1B
    Zeke Spruill - RHP

Diamondbacks get:
    Asdrubal Cabrera - SS
    Eric O'Flaherty - LHP

Braves get:
    Justin Upton

vCash
    ^ you posted the same thing in two threads why? And still a big haul with 3 top 10 prospects (at beginning of 2012 season), the number 14 prospect, and EOF. Delgado, Pastor & EOF may be a good starting point, but Spruill and Joey T are not simply throw-in pieces either.

Page 42 of 66 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast