Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 66 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    vCash
    probably about 10 to 12 million a year to sign him .swisher that is

vCash
    1) Do you think he is worth that kind of money? And over how many years?

2) He does play for the Yanks. SO if they want to keep him our shot is very slim as they can out bid us.

vCash
    The yankees are more than likely gonna let him walk with the front office wanting to shed some salary and i would say a 3 yr 33 million dollar contract will be somewhat fair for both sides

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by #teamHeyward View Post
    acquire bourjous and sign swisher in the offseason!!!
    I really worry about Peter Bourjos. Sure, he's a truly elite defender who can run like the wind. But I'm just not sure he can hit. His minor-league track record hardly blows me away, and outside of hitting an unrealistic .284/.343/.516 in the final two months of 2011, he's shown nothing but suckitude at the major-league level. Maybe he just needs regular playing time...but I'm not so sure that's the solution, and I'm not buying that the Braves should take their chances on that unless they have a backup plan in case it doesn't work. Swisher will be intriguing, though.

My offseason in one line is still: acquire justin upton and sign b.j. upton!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Ball Park number on what you think it would cost to sign Nick?
    I'm thinking a three- or four-year deal in the $12-14 million range per year. He'll be 32 next season and he does have some of those dreaded old player skills (and he's had bouts with Dan Uggla Streakiness Disease), but the man just hits. And isn't a bad fielder either. And is a good clubhouse guy who has been a Braves target several times now. The Braves could do worse for four years and $56 million.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    If we go after a young Texas outfielder it needs to be Leonys Martin not Borbon. Borbon is terrible
    You're right about Borbon, although I'm not sure Martin is any more of a solution. There's definitely tons of potential there, as he's got all five tools (though none are of the standout variety), but I'm just worried that in trying to trade for him, you'd be buying more hype and mystique than substance. Plus, with Josh Hamilton needing to move to a corner even if he does stay in Texas, it's hard to see them moving Martin.

That's the name I've been looking for. What happened to him, is he hurt?
    He tore a ligament in his thumb back in May, but came back in mid-June and got called up to the big leagues after just two games back. He came off the bench and hit .189/.250/.405 before getting sent back to Triple-A last week to make room for Mitch Moreland. Not sure why he hasn't played since getting demoted on July 30.

vCash
    Upton-Upton-Heyward outfield? I could deal with that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HickCaesar View Post
    Upton-Upton-Heyward outfield? I could deal with that
    +1! They would be great defensively and give us around 70 hrs and 80 SB's.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by #teamHeyward View Post
    The yankees are more than likely gonna let him walk with the front office wanting to shed some salary and i would say a 3 yr 33 million dollar contract will be somewhat fair for both sides
    I personally wouldn't go that high for Nick. But you do have those that have been fans of him for somethime and they likely would. Also.... Heading into his year 32 saeson how do you think he would play defensively in Atl?

I'm going to put him at the same rate I put another one of PSD Braves favorites Josh last seaon. Josh also signed for my suggested amount, when many other fans wanted to pay him much more. At 7 mil, I think Nick would be a great buy, maybe even a little higher. But when you start to get into 8 digit catorgory for a player that is not expected to be a star on a mid-market team, it's trouble.

Alot also depends on what they decide to do about CF. And if they do what they have alluded they will and go after an elite pitcher.

One more thing to consider:
    Swisher: .261/.359/.458/.803 at 12 Mil.
    Francisco: .259/.305/.483/.788 at around 500,000

Would .15 points of OPS be worth 11 and 1/2 mil?
    Last edited by SB75; 08-09-2012 at 10:41 PM.

vCash
    Why not offer Hanson for a package around Josh and Aaron Hicks? 2 birds with one stone (LF and CF).

vCash
    Why not offer Hanson for a package around Josh and Aaron Hicks? 2 birds with one stone (LF and CF).
    Sounds good to me, Hicks seems like a pretty good prospect though, I think they'd want something more than just fat ole Tommy Boy.

I'm kind of titillated by the idea of the Upton-Upton-Heyward outfield now though...

vCash
    Sounds good to me, Hicks seems like a pretty good prospect though, I think they'd want something more than just fat ole Tommy Boy.

I'm kind of titillated by the idea of the Upton-Upton-Heyward outfield now though...
    Hicks stock has dropped a little, but I still think he could be really good. They have Span and Revere to play CF so I don't see a spot for him with their team. Tommy would be their #1 or 2 as of now. I think it could be done.

The Upton, Upton, Heyward OF would be plus all the way around. 3 fast guys, 3 guys that have plus arms and 3 guys who should be able to do big things at the plate ( Justin and Jason more than BJ). 2-5 BJ, Jason, Justin, and Freddie...

But the age old questions: What do you trade for Justin? What do you offer BJ in FA?

vCash
    Thats racist the rapper was JHey

vCash
    Hicks stock has dropped a little, but I still think he could be really good. They have Span and Revere to play CF so I don't see a spot for him with their team. Tommy would be their #1 or 2 as of now. I think it could be done.

The Upton, Upton, Heyward OF would be plus all the way around. 3 fast guys, 3 guys that have plus arms and 3 guys who should be able to do big things at the plate ( Justin and Jason more than BJ). 2-5 BJ, Jason, Justin, and Freddie...

But the age old questions: What do you trade for Justin? What do you offer BJ in FA?
    I'm not sure what BJ will want, but I'd offer something like $38 million over 4 years.

Then put together a package of Hanson, Delgado, Gilmartin, and maybe another spec for Justin. Don't know if that would be enough, but like rtg I'm ready to turn some of these young arms into something else.

Lineup next year looks like:

BJ Upton
    Prado
    Heyward
    Justin Upton
    Freeman
    McCann
    Uggla
    Simmons
    P

That's one nasty lineup right there, and young too

vCash
    rather have simmons leading off and put BJ in at like 5-6. Simmons could easily swipe 25-30 and is a high average hitter (BJ is not lol). Or let prado hit lead off

vCash
    In my opinion with the years of controls, and contract situation of Hanson, we may have to trade him to a contending team, not the twins. Royals etc...I just hope he finish the season strong so we can get something similar to what the padres got from Cincy for Latos.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderKid318 View Post
    rather have simmons leading off and put BJ in at like 5-6. Simmons could easily swipe 25-30 and is a high average hitter (BJ is not lol). Or let prado hit lead off
    Yep, I wouldn't bat BJ lead-off as of now. I would likely bat him 2nd with, Prado or Simba batting lead-off.

Page 25 of 66 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast