Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    MLBTRADERUMORS

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...e-shields.html

This guy i think should be on top of our list right now, if its true that the Brewers offered Greinke a 5 years 100 million deal we should be off Greinke, if he doesn't accept that contract we won't have anything to offer him. Garza and Shields are very comparable but Shields is under contract for two more years besides 2012 (club options) with a very good contract, he always pitch more than 200 innings and has a good K/9 so he has the "stuff". He won't be cheap we may need to trade some of our best prospects to get him but i think he is worth it. Maybe Delgado, Salcedo, Lipka and Navery Moore could be a discussion for Shields. This is the guy we should get.
    I would not be against the Braves going after BIG GAME SHEILDS at all.

vCash
    MLBTRADERUMORS

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...e-shields.html

This guy i think should be on top of our list right now, if its true that the Brewers offered Greinke a 5 years 100 million deal we should be off Greinke, if he doesn't accept that contract we won't have anything to offer him. Garza and Shields are very comparable but Shields is under contract for two more years besides 2012 (club options) with a very good contract, he always pitch more than 200 innings and has a good K/9 so he has the "stuff". He won't be cheap we may need to trade some of our best prospects to get him but i think he is worth it. Maybe Delgado, Salcedo, Lipka and Navery Moore could be a discussion for Shields. This is the guy we should get.
    You want him? Say goodbye to Teheran, Delgado, plus a couple more of our B prospects. He could be an option but we will not have a farm after we traded for him.

As far as Greinke goes. If he turns it down, maybe he just doesn't want to be a brewer anymore. I would take a little less money to play in Atlanta or St. Louis over Milwaukee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightech90 View Post
    You want him? Say goodbye to Teheran, Delgado, plus a couple more of our B prospects. He could be an option but we will not have a farm after we traded for him.

As far as Greinke goes. If he turns it down, maybe he just doesn't want to be a brewer anymore. I would take a little less money to play in Atlanta or St. Louis over Milwaukee.
    Maybe but we don't know for sure, i don't know if he will let pass that much money because i think the Braves will offer him a contract more close to the 15 millions a year than 20 millions a year. I don't think it wiil take Teheran and Delgado to get Shields, he's not an "Ace" he is just a very good pitcher and the Rays have a lot of pitching prospects in the Minors so they may want position players in return. I will be willing to trade Bethancourt, Salcedo and Delgado for him.

vCash
    Maybe but we don't know for sure, i don't know if he will let pass that much money because i think the Braves will offer him a contract more close to the 15 millions a year than 20 millions a year. I don't think it wiil take Teheran and Delgado to get Shields, he's not an "Ace" he is just a very good pitcher and the Rays have a lot of pitching prospects in the Minors so they may want position players in return. I will be willing to trade Bethancourt, Salcedo and Delgado for him.
    Idk, it will be interesting what FW decides to do. Personally I would pay Greinke $20M/yr before I would pay Bourn $15M/yr

vCash
    Idk, it will be interesting what FW decides to do. Personally I would pay Greinke $20M/yr before I would pay Bourn $15M/yr
    No question there

vCash
    Yeap i will do it too, but if i'm Wren i wouldn't give that kind of money to neither of them.

vCash
    If you are willing to offer the moon for Zack or James....... Why not offer the moon for the guy that grew up a Braves fan 1rst? David Price?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    If you are willing to offer the moon for Zack or James....... Why not offer the moon for the guy that grew up a Braves fan 1rst? David Price?
    Because he is not on the trading block, in that case i would surely prefer him over Greinke/Shields. But that's not the case.

vCash
    Because he is not on the trading block, in that case i would surely prefer him over Greinke/Shields. But that's not the case.
    TB trades every one eventually....... Crawford is the last good player I remeber leaving via FA. And now that the draft pick comp isn't the same, he may be the last to leave via FA. Doesn't hurt to ask and he is one of the few I'd be willing to raid the farm for and give one of those big 100 million+ ext to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Starter View Post
    I have always loved to post and BMD didn't even know who I was.
    Bit of an understatement there man, . Padding them up.

vCash
    Yeap i will do it too, but if i'm Wren i wouldn't give that kind of money to neither of them.
    +1! With a 90-95 million dollar pay-roll, it's hard to pay a pitcher 20 Mil. Even harder to pay an all speed OF'er who will be 30 in Dec 15 mil.

vCash
    Rays Seeking Young Catcher, Pitching

By Mike Axisa [July 18 at 5:44pm CST]

The Rays are currently in a three-way tie for one of the two AL Wild Card spots and they could be both buyers and sellers at the trade deadline. They have the young starting pitching to offer, and Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com reports (on Twitter) that they seek a young catcher and pitching, presumably relievers.

Young, cheap, and effective hurlers like Alex Cobb, Jeremy Hellickson, and Chris Archer could serve as prime trade bait, and earlier this week we heard that Tampa Bay may be willing to trade James Shields. A B.J. Upton for Mike Morse deal has been rumored as well. The team reportedly intends to determine their deadline plan of attack within the next week or so.

Tampa's catchers have hit just .194/.266/.279 this season, the second lowest OPS at the position in the game. Their bullpen owns a solid 3.37 ERA, but take away All-Star closer Fernando Rodney and it's just 3.85. Every team is looking for relief depth at the deadline and the Rays are no different.
    If the Price is right, would you be willing to part with Bethancourt?

vCash
    Would easily trade Teheran and Delgado for Shields/Price. I'm sure they'd consider Teheran, Bethancourt, Delgado and a lower level player for Price.

vCash
    With McCann not locked up long term I'm not dealing Bethancourt. I'm also not dealing two of our best pitching prospects for Shields either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hagausaf View Post
    Would easily trade Teheran and Delgado for Shields/Price. I'm sure they'd consider Teheran, Bethancourt, Delgado and a lower level player for Price.
    My friend, you don't value prospects at all.

Page 17 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast