Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 66 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Congratulation body 50 000. I have 3 year too and only 2000.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brave/cuban View Post
    Congratulation body 50 000. I have 3 year too and only 2000.
    thanks

Wrestling & Bobcats Mod

vCash

Jon Lester

Im hearing a little chat that the Braves have interest in trading for Jon Lester for a package of players, has anyone else heard anything ?

vCash
    Where did you hear that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mattnsrq View Post
    Im hearing a little chat that the Braves have interest in trading for Jon Lester for a package of players, has anyone else heard anything ?
    So the Sox GM sai that he can't afford to sell. So if we did get Lester we would have to give up major league pieces for him. I can't see us doing that.
    Cpl Devildog
    USMC

Its Not A Religion its a Faith... Semper Fi
    Braves Fan For Life!

vCash
    I would rather give up a few minor leaguers fir greinke than to give up anyone on the big league roster for lester. Just seems like a safer bet to me and greinke has a longer and therefore better track record of making great starts. And i know the minor leaguers will be the top prospects in our system but theres no guarantee they pan out and their value is so useful in a trade for someone of greinkes caliber

vCash
    If Sheets can stay healthy and pitch as well as he's pitching today, our rotation will be much stronger. He has the 3rd best strikeout to walk ratio of all current active MLB pitchers, his problem has always been staying heathly.

BTW, I rather have Dempster over Greinke just based on the cost of obtaining Greinke over Dempster. Then again, Dempster is pitching lights out of his past 5-games, so his price likely has increased and that's why 10 clubs are after him.

If the Braves have no intentions of re-signing Bourn and believe they can re-sign Greinke then my thoughts of obtaining Greinke change greatly!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by apdamico View Post
    If Sheets can stay healthy and pitch as well as he's pitching today, our rotation will be much stronger. He has the 3rd best strikeout to walk ratio of all current active MLB pitchers, his problem has always been staying heathly.

BTW, I rather have Dempster over Greinke just based on the cost of obtaining Greinke over Dempster. Then again, Dempster is pitching lights out of his past 5-games, so his price likely has increased and that's why 10 clubs are after him.

If the Braves have no intentions of re-signing Bourn and believe they can re-sign Greinke then my thoughts of obtaining Greinke change greatly!
    You do know Mil offered him 100 mil over 5 years yesterday. If he turns that down what can we offer in an ext? I don't even think we should go that high with us needing a cf'er next year and needing to get ext done for Prado, Jason, Tommy, and Freddie. Not to mention we need some kind of plan for Brian, no matter if it is re-signing him or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by apdamico View Post

He is 5th in all of Baseball Baseball Ref
    Cpl Devildog
    USMC

Braves Fan For Life!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ugafan227 View Post
    Where did you hear that?
    Bleacher Report

vCash
    Bleacher Report
    Cpl Devildog
    USMC

Braves Fan For Life!

vCash
    Bleacher Report
    Trust us, stop reading it. Almost none of the articles have credible sources, pretty much just a published forum.

vCash
    I wonder if Chi White Sox would have interest in JJ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    You do know Mil offered him 100 mil over 5 years yesterday. If he turns that down what can we offer in an ext? I don't even think we should go that high with us needing a cf'er next year and needing to get ext done for Prado, Jason, Tommy, and Freddie. Not to mention we need some kind of plan for Brian, no matter if it is re-signing him or not.
    Well you have to ask yourself, do you want an outfielder or a starter? Personally I let Bourn walk if he wants more then $13M/yr. His speed will decline in the next couple years and he will probably want a 5yr contract.

As far as worrying about money. This is what I would do if I were FW over the next couple years. 1) Trade JJ this offseason if he continues to do well the rest of the year 2) Trade EOF after this season 3) Sign a starter to a front loaded contract (so they make more annually early on then later) 4) Trade Hanson away after next season 5) Let McCann walk after next year 6) Let Huddy walk after next year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightech90 View Post
    Well you have to ask yourself, do you want an outfielder or a starter? Personally I let Bourn walk if he wants more then $13M/yr. His speed will decline in the next couple years and he will probably want a 5yr contract.

As far as worrying about money. This is what I would do if I were FW over the next couple years. 1) Trade JJ this offseason if he continues to do well the rest of the year 2) Trade EOF after this season 3) Sign a starter to a front loaded contract (so they make more annually early on then later) 4) Trade Hanson away after next season 5) Let McCann walk after next year 6) Let Huddy walk after next year
    I agree with you. I have been very vocal about no re-signing Bourn. I love him as a player, but cost, his age, and his agent make it a hard buy for me.

Why not just offer a package now for Liriano and Hicks now? takes care of getting another starter now and a CF'er for next season.

Page 15 of 66 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast