Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 66 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Ahem, as I was saying:
    I'm all for trading for Upton, but I would not move Prado for him.

We need Prado to take over for Chipper next season, in fact I'd extend Prado and a 3yr/24M dollar deal.

There is just no viable replacement out there (unless Wright is opted out, not likely)

Shortstops

Jason Bartlett (33) - $5.5MM club option with a $1.5MM buyout; vests with 432 PAs in 2012
    Yuniesky Betancourt (31)
    Ronny Cedeno (30)
    Stephen Drew (30) - $10MM mutual option with a $1.35MM buyout
    Alex Gonzalez (35) - vesting option
    Cesar Izturis (33)
    Jhonny Peralta (31) - $6MM club option with a $500K buyout
    Marco Scutaro (37)
    Ryan Theriot (33)
    Omar Vizquel (46)
    Jack Wilson (35)

Third basemen

Geoff Blum (39)
    Miguel Cairo (39)
    Eric Chavez (35)
    Mark DeRosa (38)
    Brandon Inge (36)
    Maicer Izturis (32)
    Jose Lopez (29)
    Placido Polanco (37) - $5.5MM mutual option with a $1MM buyout
    Mark Reynolds (29) - $11MM club option with a $500K buyout
    Scott Rolen (38)
    Mark Teahen (31)
    Miguel Tejada (39)
    Ty Wigginton (35) - $4MM club option with a $500K buyout
    David Wright (30) - $16MM club option with a $1MM buyout
    Kevin Youkilis (34) - $13MM club option with a $1MM buyout

Now I would not mind at all putting in a Teheran for a Justin Upton.

Quote Originally Posted by MCSJR2 View Post
    not re-signing Bourn would be a terrible mistake...and now people are saying Upton (who can't hit fastballs) is an option...WOW...I sure hope we win the whole thing this year..because losing Chipper along with the only real leadoff and centerfielder we had in years spells rebuilding
    Actually he hits fastballs better than any other pitch.

Career:

wFB: +73.9
    wSL: -14.4
    wCT: + 2.5
    wCB: + 4.3
    wCH: + 8.1
    wSF: - 0.6
    wKN: - 0.1

So when it comes down to it its the sliders that give him trouble

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Braves Fan RSD
    I'm all for trading for Upton, but I would not move Prado for him.

We need Prado to take over for Chipper next season, in fact I'd extend Prado and a 3yr/24M dollar deal.

There is just no viable replacement out there (unless Wright is opted out, not likely)
    Oh I agree, Prado might be my favorite player on the team, you all see the praise I have for him every game lol. I was just posting it to show the idea of acquiring Upton isn't as silly as some would believe.
    Now I would not mind at all putting in a Teheran for a Justin Upton.
    Ehhhhh....

Let's put it this way: If we're serious about getting Greinke, I might be able to stomach this one.

vCash
    Oh I agree, Prado might be my favorite player on the team, you all see the praise I have for him every game lol. I was just posting it to show the idea of acquiring Upton isn't as silly as some would believe.

Ehhhhh....

Let's put it this way: If we're serious about getting Greinke, I might be able to stomach this one.
    Yeah I'm kinda banking on him coming here. I think its gonna happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Braves Fan RSD
    Yeah I'm kinda banking on him coming here. I think its gonna happen.
    I'm not 100% confident yet but let's hope you're right. Wren usually moves fast when he's making deals.

vCash
    Whoa...thinking about Greinke AND Upton. I'm not going to say it's "silly" per say...kinda going for it all though.

It certainly can happen...but if the braves are able to snag Greinke, I doubt they would keep the aggressive play going.

vCash
    Trading Prado+ for Upton is close to a lateral move and not something I think we'll do during a playoff run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Whoa...thinking about Greinke AND Upton. I'm not going to say it's "silly" per say...kinda going for it all though.

It certainly can happen...but if the braves are able to snag Greinke, I doubt they would keep the aggressive play going.
    Well if we sign Greinke (completely plausible), we trade some pieces for players who are impact players and will be around a while.

Heyward and Upton in the OF for the next three seasons would be nice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID

Depends on where they are in the standings at the time, no? Upton might be overkill to some extent, but they know they need more than just a starter pitcher right now in order to make a serious run.

vCash
    I couldn't see the Braves parting with Prado. He's Chipper's heir and is so versatile.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Braves_Fan_RSD View Post
    Well if we sign Greinke (completely plausible), we trade some pieces for players who are impact players and will be around a while.

Heyward and Upton in the OF for the next three seasons would be nice.
    You have to believe it will take at least one of Minor/Delgado to get Greinke plus some other pieces probably B type prospects. So that leaves JT/Delgado (or Minor)/Betancourt/Prado/etc

That is a hefty, hefty price just for the idea of teaming up Upton/Heyward. Hell the d-backs may not even make a deal unless Prado is involved. This is something that is too risky to execute during the season. They may take a swing at it during the off-season though...but I don't think the braves are going to take that chance at Upton.

Depends on where they are in the standings at the time, no? Upton might be overkill to some extent, but they know they need more than just a starter pitcher right now in order to make a serious run.
    Actually, I feel that they feel they only need a starting pitcher of Grienke's caliber in order to make that serious run this year. I don't think they are going to mess with the production they are getting with Bourn/Prado/J-hey nor should they. Again, it's an idea they can look at in the off-season but I doubt they will make that drastic of a change during the season.

vCash
    You have to believe it will take at least one of Minor/Delgado to get Greinke plus some other pieces probably B type prospects. So that leaves JT/Delgado (or Minor)/Betancourt/Prado/etc

That is a hefty, hefty price just for the idea of teaming up Upton/Heyward. Hell the d-backs may not even make a deal unless Prado is involved. This is something that is too risky to execute during the season. They may take a swing at it during the off-season though...but I don't think the braves are going to take that chance at Upton.

Actually, I feel that they feel they only need a starting pitcher of Grienke's caliber in order to make that serious run this year. I don't think they are going to mess with the production they are getting with Bourn/Prado/J-hey nor should they. Again, it's an idea they can look at in the off-season but I doubt they will make that drastic of a change during the season.
    Yes I'm talking about trading for him in the off season. No need for him this season (barring injury)

vCash

vCash
    Damn bro, 3 years at PSD and already at 50 K. That's quite a feat.

vCash
    I do not want to try and acquire Upton if Prado has to be included in the deal. First off he is the ultimate TEAM first guy. I do think we need a back up starter for left field because I believe it is invetible that Mr. Jones goes down to some sort of nagging injury and requires substantial time on the DL or just out of the line-up. So that way Prado can cover down this year and take over as our everyday 3rd baseman next year.

vCash
    Damn bro, 3 years at PSD and already at 50 K. That's quite a feat.
    I have always loved to post and BMD didn't even know who I was.

Wrestling & Bobcats Mod

Page 14 of 66 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast