Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 66 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    vCash
    players like J-Up dont come up for trade often so you gotta pony up. And yes he's the type of player that murders the ball so it'd have the be Teheran and Bethancourt together plus more to even get the D-Backs to stay on the line.

But I doubt the D-backs will deal him regardless. They have zero reason to move him. Only way I can see him being moved is if he's fallen out of grace with the team.

vCash
    if we trade for upton it takes away valuable trade pieces we'd use for a proven starting pitcher. pitching is our biggest need heading into the trade deadline. to be honest i think minor and delgado get moved. One gets moved for trade chips, while the other is moved with the new trade pieces for grienke.
    if the rotation looks like grienke, hanson, hudson, jair, and teheran I could live with that.
    and if we make the post season, teheran could be really valuable in the bullpen a la david price a few years ago.

but let's face it... the weak links (outside of jair's first month) are minor and delgado. The two have accounted for nearly a third of our losses this season. I think they're out.

vCash
    If we get Greinke I think the rotation looks like this:

Greinke
    Hanson
    Hudson
    JJ
    Sheets

vCash
    •Heyman also writes that the Braves are not currently in extension talks with Michael Bourn, and that Bourn will likely be pursued by the Giants this winter when he hits free agency.
    No surprise.

vCash
    Cody Ross told Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports (via Twitter) that he rejected a multi-year offer from ‪the Braves‬ to sign a one-year deal with ‪the Red Sox‬ this winter. Ross has a .275/.352/.560 slash line in 220 plate appearances this year.
    A lot of you guys wanted him, just showing that the Braves made an effort.

vCash
    While he has not had a bad season our 3 OF are having better seasons so it might of been a good thing he did not sign.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    While he has not had a bad season our 3 OF are having better seasons so it might of been a good thing he did not sign.
    Those are my toughts.... Just posted that for Braves fans who wanted him and thought we made no effort. FW is just a silent assassin.

vCash
    I really didn't want him but he's had a nice season for the Sox so far.

vCash
    Lets just say good thing he didn't sign because that would of certainly meant that J-hey would never play against lefties or somebody would of been in a permanent platoon.

Ross owns a lifetime .935 OPS (742 AB) against lefties so he pretty much owns them, no way he would of sat against them.

He would of been a decent pickup though..awfully hard to get him playing time though. So all for the best.

vCash
    And hell if we can't find another OF for next year, he might be a good choice..slide him to RF while J-hey gets CF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    And hell if we can't find another OF for next year, he might be a good choice..slide him to RF while J-hey gets CF.
    Will have a open spot in LF if Prado moves to 3B next year also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Will have a open spot in LF if Prado moves to 3B next year also.
    kinda saving that for hopefully a bonifide OF (swisher maybe??). And if we wish to go the cheap route...I'd roll with Evan Gattis. Just got to get that dude playing soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hagausaf View Post
    players like J-Up dont come up for trade often so you gotta pony up. And yes he's the type of player that murders the ball so it'd have the be Teheran and Bethancourt together plus more to even get the D-Backs to stay on the line.

But I doubt the D-backs will deal him regardless. They have zero reason to move him. Only way I can see him being moved is if he's fallen out of grace with the team.
    I think they would trade him regardless of him falling out of the D-backs grace or not. If the deal is in D-backs favor then I bet they would give Upton up.

Not that we need Upton right now and we don't need to add his salary on the Braves payroll since they still need to try to sign Bourn but it would be a hell of an acquisition. Kevin Towers isn't a fool when it comes to trading guys. Towers would probably want Teheran, Simmons, Terdoslavich, & J.R. Graham in a deal for Upton. Way too much of course for the Braves fans taste and mine as well. The very best offer the Braves could make is probably Teheran, Pastornicky, Terdoslavich, & Carlos Perez.

I remember Towers wanting Tommy Hanson, Yunel Escobar, Charlie Morton, & Jeff Locke for Jake Peavy back in 2008-2009.

Anywho, I'd rather the Braves go after an ace like Greinke and call it a day. They need a pitcher more than a hitter right now that can go far into games and eat up innings so the bullpen doesn't burn their selves to death everyday.

vCash
    Ahem, as I was saying:
    RT @Buster_ESPN: Another Justin Upton fit could be ATL. Could build deal around Prado,P prospects. Prado plays 3B for Ariz., Upton takes Bourn $ slot in '13.
    RT @Buster_ESPN: More reason why J.Upton/Atlanta makes sense: helps balance ATL lineup, gives them cost certainty as ATL deals with Bourn/McCann situations
    Last edited by Bravo95; 07-11-2012 at 02:05 PM.

vCash
    not re-signing Bourn would be a terrible mistake...and now people are saying Upton (who can't hit fastballs) is an option...WOW...I sure hope we win the whole thing this year..because losing Chipper along with the only real leadoff and centerfielder we had in years spells rebuilding
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

Page 13 of 66 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast