Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Such a depressing thing to talk about, but there is no need to toss away future seasons because this one is unlikely to go the way we wanted it to.

vCash
    If the Braves fall out of contention at the deadline, i'm liking the idea of trading Hudson, get a prospect, and that means more money for free agency, there are some nice pitchers in the market.

vCash
    Hudson has a club option, I believe. The Braves can control if they'll pay him or not. At his current price tag, he is a value pitcher. With so much uncertainty, one more year of Hudson isn't a bad thing.

vCash
    Can we please get rid of hinske...his time is up for the braves

vCash

Chris Young

this offseason if chris young isnt avaible, we can trade for arizonas chris young , hes young and powerful and pretty fast . if we did that we could also bring in swisher or quentin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by #teamHeyward View Post
    this offseason if chris young isnt avaible, we can trade for arizonas chris young , hes young and powerful and pretty fast . if we did that we could also bring in swisher or quentin
    Hey Man welcome to the forum and I appreciate the enthusiasm but let's not create a new thread for every player you would like to see us trade for. We have a trade ideas thread for that. If you find an article tying us to a certain player (like Joe Saunders and Matt garza) feel free to make the thread.

Once again appreciate the input and welcome!

vCash
    Look at the way this team has changed since last year, when our OF was one of the worst in the league, and today is probably the best in the Majors, Bourn, Prado and Heyward has been great this year. Uggla is in a slump right now, but overall he's been good. Simmons is awesome, and Freeman should improve as the year passes by. Our main problem this year has been the rotation, Minor and Delgado has been inconsistent and now with the injury of Beachy that put us in a very difficult position, we should try to get an starter at the deadline, i will trade Minor and a mid-level prospect (Lipka, Cunningham, La Stella, Carlos Perez) for Zack Greinke and sure try to sign him in the off season. We need a reliever too, H. Street is a good option, he will be like a rental, he has a 9 mil option for 2013 with a 1 mil buyout, 9 mil is just too much for a setup man, the problem is that the Padres could ask for a good prospect in return. Ryan Cook, Charlie Furbush, Matt Belisle are a couple of relievers who would cost less and we could use. I don't think this team needs a major upgrade offensively this season, our hitters just have to be more consistent, and i think Freeman and McCann should improve their numbers in the second half. Another thing is that we need to improve our bench, get a player that we could spot start and pinch hit, Seth Smith, Will Venable, Justin Maxwell, Reed Johnson fit that bill.

vCash
    This Beachy injury messed up everything. They could have still pursued a deal for an ace without being in a position of weakness/desperation in potential trade negotiations.

Game 1 Greinke
    Game 2 Hudson
    Game 3 Beachy
    Game 4 Hanson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Look at the way this team has changed since last year, when our OF was one of the worst in the league, and today is probably the best in the Majors, Bourn, Prado and Heyward has been great this year. Uggla is in a slump right now, but overall he's been good. Simmons is awesome, and Freeman should improve as the year passes by. Our main problem this year has been the rotation, Minor and Delgado has been inconsistent and now with the injury of Beachy that put us in a very difficult position, we should try to get an starter at the deadline, i will trade Minor and a mid-level prospect (Lipka, Cunningham, La Stella, Carlos Perez) for Zack Greinke and sure try to sign him in the off season. We need a reliever too, H. Street is a good option, he will be like a rental, he has a 9 mil option for 2013 with a 1 mil buyout, 9 mil is just too much for a setup man, the problem is that the Padres could ask for a good prospect in return. Ryan Cook, Charlie Furbush, Matt Belisle are a couple of relievers who would cost less and we could use. I don't think this team needs a major upgrade offensively this season, our hitters just have to be more consistent, and i think Freeman and McCann should improve their numbers in the second half. Another thing is that we need to improve our bench, get a player that we could spot start and pinch hit, Seth Smith, Will Venable, Justin Maxwell, Reed Johnson fit that bill.
    I would have to agree with most of this. SP, RP and Bench are areas of need however Ryan Cook is close to untouchable IMO he is the Closer to be in Oakland and he is cheap.
    Cpl Devildog
    USMC

Its Not A Religion its a Faith... Semper Fi
    Braves Fan For Life!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by devildogdco View Post
    I would have to agree with most of this. SP, RP and Bench are areas of need however Ryan Cook is close to untouchable IMO he is the Closer to be in Oakland and he is cheap.
    I think it was wishful thinking on my part regarding of Ryan Cook, i will take G. Balfour if he's available.

vCash
    Heard today that Greinke might be available. Depending on the price I think we need to hop on this. He is a better option than Garza and Dempster has had some injury risks. Unless someone else becomes available out of the blue, we have to hop on this I think. We can't continue forward with this rotation even if JJ continues to show that he is back.

vCash
    ^depends on what the Brewers want in return and if we got any chance to re-sign Greinke. If we deal for and lose him to FA we get zero compensation picks so its a lose all situation. If we can resign him then I got no issues with ponying up the prospects.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hagausaf View Post
    ^depends on what the Brewers want in return and if we got any chance to re-sign Greinke. If we deal for and lose him to FA we get zero compensation picks so its a lose all situation. If we can resign him then I got no issues with ponying up the prospects.
    How do we not get any picks if we get him and then he leaves?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightech90 View Post
    How do we not get any picks if we get him and then he leaves?
    new CBA rules.

vCash
    Phil Mackey of 1500ESPN.com reports that the Braves were scouting Francisco Liriano during Monday's start against the White Sox.

It was a good one to see, as Liriano spun seven innings of one-run ball while allowing just four hits. Mackey notes that the Nationals also had scouts in attendance, but they were scouting Denard Span and possibly others. Liriano has posted five quality starts in six tries since rejoining the rotation and will be a popular trade target next month if he can keep it up.
    rotoworld

Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast