Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 66 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Only 1 scenario I see us getting David Wright.
    Mets would have to become a losing team, if they are even close to contending by seasons end at the very worst they exercise his option.

vCash
    Then your probably looking at a 7yr/126M deal. (18 a season)

Zimmerman just got a 7/100 extention, for a total of 9/150 (16.67 a season)

vCash
    Hey guys i am new heere and all but if wright happens to hit free agency then we should give him about 6 years?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by #teamHeyward View Post
    Hey guys i am new heere and all but if wright happens to hit free agency then we should give him about 6 years?

Welcome.
    I'm in the minority I'm sure but I wouldn't throw a bag of money at Wright. Nope.
    He'll be,I believe, 33 years old next season. Power numbers down but his batting average is waaay up this year. It will deflate. His stolen bases are cute but he's been caught this year as much as he's robbed (5 times).
    A career 300 hitter with not even 200 homers in his 33d year isn't a bag of dung...but why spend a gazillion bucks on this guy?

Again, in the minority, but I like the idea of sticking with Francisco. He's out hitting Heyward, whom I'm a fan of, and only a few years older. Get this kid some extra training at 3d and let him hit his 35 homers next year.

vCash
    I don't think Francisco's ceiling is quite that high. If his defense was good, then I wouldn't mind him taking 3B because he's got some pop (and that's about all he brings to the plate as he has hardly any plate discipline).

vCash
    Yak. David wright is 29

vCash
    Francisco shouldn't be considered an option for 3B. That's Prado's spot in 2013 unless they find a significant upgrade. They should be looking at LF, CF if they can't re-sign Bourn, and this rotation remains a major area of concern.

vCash
    Yeah guys everyone should be talking LF and CF because if we aren't stupid we will give Prado his contract and make him our 3B for a few years. Gattis SHOULD be our LF next season, but who knows. CF is the main position of need. Lipka is finally getting his bat going now that he is in the OF, but he is at least another full season in the minors away.

vCash
    I do believe Cunningham is doing quite well in AA though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderKid318 View Post
    I do believe Cunningham is doing quite well in AA though
    Yes but if he is going to get a look at CF to start next year. we need to get him to AAA to give him the most time to prep for next year.
    Cpl Devildog
    USMC

Its Not A Religion its a Faith... Semper Fi
    Braves Fan For Life!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by devildogdco View Post
    Yes but if he is going to get a look at CF to start next year. we need to get him to AAA to give him the most time to prep for next year.
    no way, i don't want cunningham to be an alternative for CF next year, he hasn't show anything in the minors before this year. He has no power at all, doesn't have game changing speed, he's just a single hitters. We have money to spend in the off season, we don't have to rely that much on unfinished products.

vCash
    After viewing the conversation since I posted I will comment on a couple ideas I have seen.

1) Hell no to Swisher
    2) I don't want to throw a ton of money at David Wright even if he became a FA.

As far as what I would do, with Chipper leaving you have to get another big bat/leader. Josh Hamilton is the answer imo. I know he will cost A TON, but we will have the funds. If BJ Upton doesn't cost more then $10M a year, I would put him in CF. As far as the rotation problems, we have Tehran and Vizcaino waiting and Medlen if need be. I say we pick up Hudson's option.

At the 2013 trading deadline I would trade Hanson and/or Jurrjens if:
    1) We have guys who are proving that they can fill the spots
    2) They have returned to form (Hanson of course is closer to Jurrjens in this case)
    Last edited by Hightech90; 06-03-2012 at 05:06 PM.

vCash
    The Braves aren't signing Hamilton so the nonsense can stop. I would love it but ain't happening. I do think we need to sign Bourn b/c we can't have two holes in the outfield with Prado moving to 3B. Sucks that Terdo has been horrible b/c I would love to have an internal replacement so we can save some $$ for Bourn .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lavell12 View Post
    The Braves aren't signing Hamilton so the nonsense can stop. I would love it but ain't happening. I do think we need to sign Bourn b/c we can't have two holes in the outfield with Prado moving to 3B. Sucks that Terdo has been horrible b/c I would love to have an internal replacement so we can save some $$ for Bourn .
    Gattis will play LF next year.

vCash
    If we resign Bourn I won't complain. I just wish the OF class was a bit stronger. Need to get a good bat in LF too if we resign bourn

Page 7 of 66 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast