Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Hey guys, had a question about Turner and figured I'd post it here. I'll be taking in one of the Nats-Braves games when Washington visits in late May so I have a ticket question.

It's been a while since I last went to a game in Atlanta and I was wondering if people have sat in the terrace infield seats before. Reason I'm asking is because I know it's like Baltimore and San Diego (walkway separates 100s from 200s) so if you're too low then people walking can get in the way.

My question is if this a big issue at Turner Field? And if so should I look for seats 3 or more rows back in the 200s so people walking below wouldn't obstruct my views?

Thanks in advance for the response!

vCash
    I've been wondering for a while now and maybe you guys can chime in, and probably bash me for the thought. What are the chances the Braves go big in the FA market next year and try to bring in a guy like Josh Hamilton (along with resigning Bourne).

Inagine this:
    Bourne-CF
    Prado-3B
    Freeman-1B
    Hamilton-LF
    Uggla-2B
    McCann-C
    Heyward-RF
    Pastornicky-SS
    Pitcher

vCash
    Braves aren't going to sink the amount of money it would take to get Hamilton in him. Personally I don't want them to because who knows how long this guy's career will last. We'll have to extend Heyward, Freeman, and some of our pitchers in that timeframe and that's going to be pretty expensive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan1582 View Post
    I've been wondering for a while now and maybe you guys can chime in, and probably bash me for the thought. What are the chances the Braves go big in the FA market next year and try to bring in a guy like Josh Hamilton (along with resigning Bourne).

Inagine this:
    Bourne-CF
    Prado-3B
    Freeman-1B
    Hamilton-LF
    Uggla-2B
    McCann-C
    Heyward-RF
    Pastornicky-SS
    Pitcher
    I highley dount they will go after Hamilton. It's not even likely that they re-sign Micheal ( unless he takes an ATL discount). So no I don't think this will happen......... Intersting though in your BA order that you still haave Freeman hitting 3rd, even though Josh is clearly a better hitter in every way possible.

vCash
    IMHO opinion...... If it comes down to Bourn at 10 mil plus and BJ at 7-8 mil, I think the Braves will go for BJ....... Younger, Cheaper, more power and did I mention the real reason? Cheaper!

Prado
    Heyward
    Uggla
    Freeman
    Upton
    McCann
    Pastornicky
    Francisco
    .......................... If he keeps it R-L-R and Simmons isn't ready. But I could also see

Simmons
    Upton/Prado
    Freeman
    McCann
    Uggla
    Heyward
    Prado/ Upton
    Joey T
    ................... Because lets be honest..... F-Gon says it, but on most days he ignores his L-R-L or R-L-R principle by putting Freeman and Mac back to back.
    Last edited by SB75; 05-16-2012 at 03:05 AM.

vCash
    BJ Upton sucks, i prefer Bourn even if it will cost a little more

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    BJ Upton sucks, i prefer Bourn even if it will cost a little more
    1) BJ doesn't suck....... I'm surprised to hear a baseball fan say such things.

2) Bourn is the better player as of today no doubt.

3) It's fine that you'ed prefer that, but I doubt FW does. You also have to factor in thet Bourn is older.

vCash
    Yeah, Upton doesn't suck. He's just not the protoypical leadoff hitter, but the Braves got away with Prado at leadoff in 2010 and were near the top in OBP (the team just didn't have enough power, not his fault). But when Upton is right, he brings power and is solid defensively. The price matters more in these decisions than some of you guys realize.

vCash
    A Cards' fan posted this column (about Pujols and how aging, big money FAs block young talent) in their forum:
    The Cardinals figured it out some time ago. The key to consistent success in Major League Baseball is to invest aggressively at the front end and spend more carefully at the back end.

Bill DeWitt Jr. saw where free agency pricing was headed and shifted his organization’s focus. The franchise overhauled its scouting process, escalated its commitment in Latin America and quit toeing the “slotting” line with top prospects in the amateur draft.

The Cardinals poured more resources into player development and reduced their need to purchase veteran help in a seller’s market. This allowed them to assemble greater depth and retain the flexibility to make year-to-year moves.

Other teams have figured it out as well. While the Angels, Yankees, Red Sox and Phillies age before our eyes, the Braves, Dodgers and even the Orioles are threatening to reemerge with lots of home-grown pitchers and position players.
    http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colum...als-blueprint/

Just some things to keep in mind when throwing out all of these big names to sign (or re-sign).
    Last edited by Bravo95; 05-16-2012 at 02:21 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    1) BJ doesn't suck....... I'm surprised to hear a baseball fan say such things.

2) Bourn is the better player as of today no doubt.

3) It's fine that you'ed prefer that, but I doubt FW does. You also have to factor in thet Bourn is older.
    yeah i know i was kidding, he doesn't suck, but the only thing Upton can do better than Bourn is hit homers, and we have a lot of power in the team, and i just get scared of that low batting avg Upton has. I will welcome any of them to the team next year, but if the difference in salary 2-3 mil i'd go with Bourn.

vCash
    How about the fake Derek Lowe? He couldn't pitch worth a **** when he was here and now he is 6-1 with a 2.05 era in Cleveland. When does the real Lowe come back?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballislife7 View Post
    How about the fake Derek Lowe? He couldn't pitch worth a **** when he was here and now he is 6-1 with a 2.05 era in Cleveland. When does the real Lowe come back?
    Soon. His WHIP is not good. He's getting lucky.

When does Moy come back? Has to be soon.

vCash
    if i was the braves i would send some calls to the cubs about what it would take to get ryan dempster. he would pretty much solidify our rotation.

vCash
    ^^^Maybe wait the Brewers out and call on a couple of thier guys too. I'm sure they will become sellers soon and if it doesn't look like they have a chance to resign Grienke or Marcum long term they might be a nice addition for the stretch run. I'd take either one as a rental for a couple prospects.

vCash
    Yeah, I love the Dempster scenario and can actually see that happening.

Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast