Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 66 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Off Topic Thread/Trade Ideas

Chipper will be DTD pretty much all season and let's face it, this team isn't making a playoff run with Juan Francisco playing in his place. If Prado takes his spot at 3B, then no one in LF is gonna tear it up for a stretch run either.

What are your thoughts on Mark Trumbo from LAA? He can play 3B, 1B, and OF. They aren't playing him on a regular basis due to other big bats in the lineup, so what would it take to get him IYO? Think they'll dangle him out there come the trade deadline?

vCash
    THe other reason they arnt playin him is he is a defensive liability at third and he would prolly cost to much to make it even possible. imo

vCash
    He can't play third well enough to give up much of anything for him
    ]

vCash
    man...but the power. If he's available we should sniff it out.

vCash
    I understand that Fransico isnt the most well known guy in the league but give the guy a chance first. He hit a bomb last night and has some decent at bats the defense can improve for sure but lets give the guy an opprtunity to fail before we make a another move. Just my two cents worth!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfan14 View Post
    I understand that Fransico isnt the most well known guy in the league but give the guy a chance first. He hit a bomb last night and has some decent at bats the defense can improve for sure but lets give the guy an opprtunity to fail before we make a another move. Just my two cents worth!!!
    Agree but this isn't the forum where FW actually goes out and do this. For the sake of talking about it. He is a liablity at 3B but the original poster said to put him in LF when Chip is out. I think it would be a great long term addition. As for the cost. It would take one of our upper lvl pitching prospects. Or a package like Gattis, C. Perez, Zeke Spruill. Just trowing a good package together. No clue if this would work.
    Cpl Devildog
    USMC

Its Not A Religion its a Faith... Semper Fi
    Braves Fan For Life!

vCash
    Your right but with his bat if it were to turn out to be a power bat I dont see the need for a trumbo. I ike Trumbo a lot and think he would be an asset and if we could get him for a little cheaper than what people are saying than I am all for it. I would rather save the money and prospects to line up for a big free agent like hamilton or some other stud to play center next year than go after trumbo.

vCash
    I'll tell you what. Mark Trumbo has man power. Mark McGwire power. This dude doesn't hit any cheap HR's. He's also the type of the player that wants to improve in every way possible. Last year he has trouble getting on base, and so far this season he has more walks than strikeouts. He can handle 3B eventually, but it probably more suited for the OF.

Thanks to ex-GM Tony Reagins for acquiring Vernon Wells there is no room for Trumbo anywhere. I think he should be starting at 3B but our idiot manager thinks otherwise. If Reagins didn't acquire Wells, the Angels OF in 2013 would be Trout-Bourjos-Trumbo.

I don't think DiPoto is looking to trade Trumbo, but if he does he would probably ask for one of Venters or O'Flaherty. The Angels need big time bullpen help and I feel Trumbo will be a great hitter very very soon. If he got starters playing time I could see him hitting .280/.340/.500 with 30 bombs and 100 runs batted in.

vCash
    EOF for Trumbo makes me giggle I would do that but I don't see it really happening.
    Cpl Devildog
    USMC

Braves Fan For Life!

vCash
    Francisco might make Wren look like the genius of the offseason. Trumbo would cost a lot and I'm not really buying his upside. He's got power but not much discipline, and doesn't play great defense. Wren pretty much got that in Francisco for a future reliever who, while good, has also never played in the big leagues. Trumbo likely would cost one of our touted pitching prospects or a Gilmartin/Bethancourt type package.

vCash
    Becuase we need another guy who either hits HRs or Ks. He doesn't get on base enough for my taste, not for what he would cost.

vCash
    Angels thoughts on Trumbo.
    Cpl Devildog
    USMC

Braves Fan For Life!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Francisco might make Wren look like the genius of the offseason. Trumbo would cost a lot and I'm not really buying his upside. He's got power but not much discipline, and doesn't play great defense. Wren pretty much got that in Francisco for a future reliever who, while good, has also never played in the big leagues. Trumbo likely would cost one of our touted pitching prospects or a Gilmartin/Bethancourt type package.
    Thats some laughable stuff right there. Yea sure for Mike Trout or Kaleb Cowart but not for a player the Angels arent even starting.

vCash
    So I guess you think the Angels are going to take garbage for the rookie of the year runner-up?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    So I guess you think the Angels are going to take garbage for the rookie of the year runner-up?
    bout as much as you think the Braves will pony up a solid first round pick and a good catching prospect for a bench player with zero defensive skills. I can play that game too

Page 1 of 66 1231151 ... LastLast