Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chonbon View Post
    chop, if we have a chance at star i think we should grab him. make our defense ungodly
    i agree but i just feel we need to upgrade our offense, i hate keep putting are d in positions is there any spot in the draft were you would pass on star

vCash
    also we paid langford decent money and picked brockers. if we sign a receiver in free agency like bow or jennings then i would want star in a heart beat

vCash
    Star would require a top 5 pick and I doubt we have one of those this year anyways, so that's a pipe dream.

I seriously think we should just grab an elite WR in free agency, use the first rounders and the second rounder on 2 offensive linemen and either an inside linebacker that's efficient against the run or a safety.

If we grab an elite WR off of free agency, I think a combo of Givens, Amendola, and the elite WR will be just fine. Our weakest positions will easily be OL, ILB, and S.

and keep in mind that if we shore up our OL, it'll allow kendricks to go out for passes more, which he has been unable to do as of late. So that will add to our receiving options, and I still think he's got the talent capable of being a top 10 TE in the league in both receiving and blocking.
    Last edited by rabueed; 10-20-2012 at 03:18 PM.
    http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/gRAnxGFouW5bgj4RR576xA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD0zNDQ7cT04NTt3PTUxMg--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Reuters/2013-04-26T015157Z_1049109136_GM1E94Q0RAB01_RTRMADP_3_NFL-DRAFT.JPG

"You have decisions to make and don't be scared to get what you want."

Les Snead

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rabueed View Post
    Star would require a top 5 pick and I doubt we have one of those this year anyways, so that's a pipe dream.

I seriously think we should just grab an elite WR in free agency, use the first rounders and the second rounder on 2 offensive linemen and either an inside linebacker that's efficient against the run or a safety.

If we grab an elite WR off of free agency, I think a combo of Givens, Amendola, and the elite WR will be just fine. Our weakest positions will easily be OL, ILB, and S.

and keep in mind that if we shore up our OL, it'll allow kendricks to go out for passes more, which he has been unable to do as of late. So that will add to our receiving options, and I still think he's got the talent capable of being a top 10 TE in the league in both receiving and blocking.
    ILB? we dont run a 3-4 defense that has multiple ILB lol our only ILB is itis and hes doing fine. we need good OLB's
    LAKERS/RAMS/DODGERS/UCLA/MAN U/MEXICO
    Shut it down. Let's go home.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cg_la00 View Post
    ILB? we dont run a 3-4 defense that has multiple ILB lol our only ILB is itis and hes doing fine. we need good OLB's
    I think Dunbar and Rocky are doing pretty good?

We need OL, OL, and more OL.

...And receivers, but if we don't get a top tier free agent or one of the big 3 in the draft (for WR), then I'd rather just not bother. We've signed/drafted enough mediocre receivers over the last few years. I want a #1 or nothing.

vCash
    I thought Rocky was considered an ILB? Eh, well then we need another OLB opposite Dunbar.

Quote Originally Posted by bda28 View Post
    I think Dunbar and Rocky are doing pretty good?

We need OL, OL, and more OL.

...And receivers, but if we don't get a top tier free agent or one of the big 3 in the draft (for WR), then I'd rather just not bother. We've signed/drafted enough mediocre receivers over the last few years. I want a #1 or nothing.
    I've been impressed with Dunbar, but Rocky has been kinda neutral in a sense. I wouldn't mind a good linebacker to shore up depth and supplant McIntosh out of his position.

and as far as receivers go, I think the following wide receivers are free agents in the offseason: Jennings, Mike Wallace, Cruz, and Bowe. I wouldn't mind any of those, although I'm not sure if Cruz is a slot player or not. If so, then I'd prefer one of the other 3 and we have the cap space for it. Might as well use it on one of them.

and yeah, I think it's unanimous that we need O linemen. I would rather use our draft picks on them then WRs that we would have to develop. I would love it if Fisher drafted three straight O linemen. But by his track record, that won't happen.

and that's something else too. We don't necessarily have bad O linemen. They are just always injured. You guys like how Scott Wells has been healthy for the past 3 years until he came here? Ridiculous. But they still need improvement anyways, I just think we should give them a lil more credit.
    Last edited by rabueed; 10-20-2012 at 06:16 PM.
    http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/gRAnxGFouW5bgj4RR576xA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD0zNDQ7cT04NTt3PTUxMg--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Reuters/2013-04-26T015157Z_1049109136_GM1E94Q0RAB01_RTRMADP_3_NFL-DRAFT.JPG

Les Snead

vCash
    oh and btw, something I wanna throw out there: Do you guys think the Smith/Hunter trade is better now with hindsight? I think Hunter has been at least serviceable. He still is bad, but I think Smith was worse. Oh, and let me show you guys a clip from an article:

http://www.jetnation.com/2012/09/06/...nd-salary-cap/

So how did the trade affect both teams’ cap? Since the trade took place after June 1st the prorated portion of Smith’s contract is broken up over two years. The Rams now have dead money hit, money which counts on the salary cap for a player who is no longer with the team, for Smith of $7.81 million ($6.534 million prorated bonus + $775,000 million prorated signing bonus + $500,000 roster bonus) and adding Hunter’s salary $2.45 million means Smith/Hunter count $10.26 million on the Rams 2012 cap, a $775,000 savings.

The Jets lose Hunter’s salary and gain Smith’s new salary so their 2012 cap does not change but their overall 2013 salary increases $8 million; gain Smith’s 2013 salary/bonus $12 million, lose Hunter’s $4 million salary. The Rams save $7.225 million in 2013, lose Smith’s $12 million salary adding Hunter’s $4 million but have dead money hit of $4.042 million, a $775,000 increase due to prorated signing bonus, for Smith in 2013.
    so, in the end (if I got this right), we saved $8 million off our cap for next year and took a hit this year, which is better I think. It allows us to have flexibility to sign the likes of Wallace or Bowe.

Les Snead

vCash
    I thought Rocky was considered an ILB? Eh, well then we need another OLB opposite Dunbar.
    he is considered an ILB....but in a 3-4 defense

vCash
    he is considered an ILB....but in a 3-4 defense

Haha gotcha. You know, after watching a 4-3 defense, I can't believe teams still use a 3-4. What's the point? I feel like this is wayyyyyy better.

Les Snead

vCash
    and as far as receivers go, I think the following wide receivers are free agents in the offseason: Jennings, Mike Wallace, Cruz, and Bowe. I wouldn't mind any of those, although I'm not sure if Cruz is a slot player or not. If so, then I'd prefer one of the other 3 and we have the cap space for it. Might as well use it on one of them
    Out of those guys, I'd probably prefer Bowe.

I love having Cruz in fantasy, but with guys like him (and Welker, who I believe is also a free agent at the end of the year, by the way) who go undrafted yet go on to do well, you never know whether it's truly them that are good or just the quarterbacks throwing to them making them look good. Plus, I don't really see him as a true #1, just a very good #2.

Wallace wanted Fitzgerald money from the Steelers...I don't even want to imagine how much money it would take for him to sign with the Rams, who are the type of team that would have to vastly overspend in order to bring in top tier free agents...

And between Jennings and Bowe, I have more trust in Bowe, mostly because of the whole "you don't know whether it's the receiver that's good or the quarterback making him look good" thing, since Jennings has probably the best QB in the league throwing to him, whereas Bowe's never had a good quarterback to work with, yet still does well.

Oh, and I think Bowe's younger? Actually, according to roto, he is exactly a year younger.

EDIT: Oh, ****...I'm pretty sure Amendola's gonna be a free agent, too...

vCash
    plus bowe can run block

vCash
    Yeah, I didn't include Welker because he's a slot WR. We'll get Amendola back, I hope, and for pretty cheap. I think his injury history will go against him pretty heavily.

Also, yeah, I don't see where everyone gets the notion Jennings is old. Him and Bowe really aren't that old, and wide receivers can stay well into their 30s. And I like either of these players to sign with us.

I like Mike Wallace, but I definitely don't want to sign him to no Fitz money.

Also, does anyone know how much cap space we will have in the offseason? I've been unable to find one after all the things that happened this last offseason. I just know that, as of now, we have 1.3 mil in spending money. However, this does not include any of the contracts that won't be on the books next year so I don't know how much cap we will actually have to spend.

Les Snead

vCash
    Game after game it's just proven that the Rams need to make a play for one of those wide receivers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenceman View Post
    Game after game it's just proven that the Rams need to make a play for one of those wide receivers.
    But we'll probably sign marginal at best players in free agency, pick another defensive lineman in the first, and then MAYBE go after some workout hero receiver from a no-name school in the mid rounds!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bda28 View Post
    But we'll probably sign marginal at best players in free agency, pick another defensive lineman in the first, and then MAYBE go after some workout hero receiver from a no-name school in the mid rounds!
    No more mid-round receivers. I refuse to get excited for any receiver not picked in the first. Gilyard, Salas, Pettis, Quick, Avery, Brooks Foster, Keenan Burton, and Derek Stanley dating back to the 2007 draft. You can even see Marques Hagan if you go back to 2006. Not to mention the TE flops with Onobun, Hooman, Klopfenstein, Byrd, and Kendricks could be thrown in there until we get an offensive line competent enough to let him run a route.

Jesus ****ing Christ, look at our drafts in the mid-2000s. SO ****ing terrible! Linehan & Co set us back so bad back then. Spags wasn't too much better, but he did pick a couple keepers.

Either sign a star in FA, or draft one in the first round. Chris Givens is the only one showing any promise.

Page 27 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast