Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    NFL Network's Mike Lombardi stated on Monday's B.S. Report with Bill Simmons that Steven Jackson wants a new contract.
    S-Jax has base salaries of $7 million in 2012 and 2013. "The problem with Steven Jackson is he wants to redo his contract," Lombardi said. "He's not happy where he is. ... I would suspect that the Rams would (draft) the running back as quickly as they could." He was referring to Trent Richardson. Lombardi indicates that the Vikings are trying to bait the Rams to trade up to No. 3 to get Richardson. S-Jax, meanwhile, looks like a candidate to be traded on draft weekend.
    Related: Vikings
    please t-rich fall to us ray:

NFL DPOY!
    Robert Quinn
    Sack Total: 18 Forced Fumbles: 7 Touchdowns: 1

vCash
    Sucks... bad

GO METS; RAMS; ISLES; KNICKS; NOTRE DAME; UCONN!; AC Milan!

The One and Only "LEGATRON"

vCash
    I'm not against drafting TRich IF we trade Jax and get a good haul. By good haul I mean fills a hole or saves us substantial $$ so that we can fill a hole.

vCash
    I am all for trading Jackson away if it puts us in a better position otherwise we won't even have to worry about him until next year and we can replace him in the draft next year instead of this year...We don't need to trade up for anyone we have way to many holes to fill and need to keep all the picks we have if anything I can see the Rams trading down to get more picks why do you think we checked out the top 3 WR over the weekend..Imagine if we got a Julio Jones kind of package for that #6 next year's draft would be sick..Imagine that 3 1st round picks on top of all the picks in this years draft..

vCash
    I don't think we can get as much for Jackson as people think, especially in a passing league

vCash
    I don''t think Jackson would be worth much on the trade market myself but you never know what a team like the Bengals would give for him or if the Bears find a trade partner for Forte..All I am saying that anything is possible..Look what the Bengals got out of the Raiders for Palmer..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bda28 View Post
    Actually, the reason we have so much cap space next year is that 2012 is the last year for a lot of people's contracts...including Long and 'Itis...
    Well whatever we sign Long to it won't count 18 mill against the cap..plus with Smith's contract then Bradford's cap number goes down..We will be sitting good plus with the new rookie scale all of these young guys we are getting won't make nothing for a couple of years and by then the team cap will be up..

vCash
    I want TRich to learn from SJax.. who would be better to teach him?

vCash
    Evan Silva ‏ @evansilva Close
    #Rams will shop Steven Jackson during draft, but $7M base in '12 & '13. So much wear on tires. S-Jax nets 4th-round pick, best case.

NFL DPOY!
    Robert Quinn

vCash
    It would seem the Vikings weren’t too put off by Tuesday’s announcement that wide receiver Jerome Simpson will serve a three-game suspension to start the season.

Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that the Vikings have signed Simpson to a one-year contract. Simpson is expected to provide the deep threat that the Vikings offense has been lacking after flashing the ability to make big plays with the Bengals last season.

Simpson hadn’t made good on the promise that made him a second-round pick in 2008 during his first three seasons, but things came together for him last year. He played all 16 games and caught 50 passes for 725 yards and four touchdowns. He will likely have the inside track on the starting wide receiver job opposite Percy Harvin, at least during the games he’s eligible to play next season.

Simpson served a 15-day sentence after pleading guilty to marijuana charges on March 1st. That’s what led to the suspension and what led Florio to wonder if it was all that wise to pursue a player with off-field issues while the team was trying to convince the government to come up with cash to build a new stadium. The stadium effort passed an important hurdle on Monday night and the Vikings obviously don’t feel adding Simpson to the mix is going to keep them from getting the new home they desire.

NFL DPOY!
    Robert Quinn

vCash
    Falcons acquired CB Asante Samuel from the Eagles in exchange for a late-round draft pick.
    The pick is believed to be a 2012 sixth-rounder (6.22), leaving Atlanta with just five selections in the 2012 draft, and none before the 55th choice. Samuel will presumably slide in at left cornerback, with Brent Grimes seeing slot work and Dunta Robinson manning the right side. Still a playmaker at age 31, Samuel has earned a Pro Bowl berth in four of the past five seasons while averaging 6.5 interceptions over the last six. The Falcons haven't upgraded their pass rush much, but they absolutely have a good-looking secondary.
    Related: Eagles
    for a 6th rounder

NFL DPOY!
    Robert Quinn

vCash
    i wish we had cap room to give a 6th rounder for samuel :cry:
    LAKERS/RAMS/DODGERS/UCLA/MAN U/MEXICO
    Shut it down. Let's go home.

vCash
    Word up!

NFL DPOY!
    Robert Quinn

vCash
    It turned out only being a 7th then he re-signed for 6 yr/ 18 million...We so could of pulled it off...I gues the Rams were scared about his contract before he re-signed..oh well looks like a CB will be taken in the 2nd

vCash
    Meh, I doubt it. Fletcher's a solid #2. If anything, we might get someone in the late rounds...

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast