Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Official Chelsea Thread II

-

vCash
    biggest game of the season

Bobby D's Blues

vCash
    whatever happened to hulk6, thread maker of Chelsea part 1?

Bobby D's Blues

vCash

vCash
    Damn Pete and jimbob ran away with the last thread... You two were both 250 plus and I was a distant 3 at 112.

vCash
    No drums and no flares, but Chelsea's support is pretty much crap

Very disorganised chanting (in Stamford Bridge as well) and not loud at all. And no creativity whatsoever. Typical English fanbase (post-Thatcher era). At least when Tottenham fans chanted it was more organised and louder. But they were crap too.
    Best I've seen in England so far are from Liverpool's fans (in Tottenham vs Liverpool from last season) but still nothing special. They were just pretty darn loud for an English team. Wanna attend a game at St James' park, heard they are loud.

As for Chelsea's songs (pre-game, half-time and post-game)
    Quite fun but really the "Liquidator" is very childish as well, I can imagine 4 year old loving it, not 40 year olds . "Blue is the color" is quite nice, got a very AngloSaxon tune which is good.
    Absolutely love "Blue Day" though, one of the best football songs ever!

vCash
    Listen to 'Keep Right On'.
    Was written during WW1 and has been adapted and now used as Birmingham City's club anthem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    No drums and no flares, but Chelsea's support is pretty much crap

Very disorganised chanting (in Stamford Bridge as well) and not loud at all. And no creativity whatsoever. Typical English fanbase (post-Thatcher era). At least when Tottenham fans chanted it was more organised and louder. But they were crap too.
    Best I've seen in England so far are from Liverpool's fans (in Tottenham vs Liverpool from last season) but still nothing special. They were just pretty darn loud for an English team. Wanna attend a game at St James' park, heard they are loud.

As for Chelsea's songs (pre-game, half-time and post-game)
    Quite fun but really the "Liquidator" is very childish as well, I can imagine 4 year old loving it, not 40 year olds . "Blue is the color" is quite nice, got a very AngloSaxon tune which is good.
    Absolutely love "Blue Day" though, one of the best football songs ever!
    yeah I love those songs. If you want more creative/offensive chants you should have gone to the torch beforehand! I heard a few new ones queueing up to get on the tube on the way home that made me laugh too.

I know what you mean about the atmosphere though, the lads sitting behind me were getting very frustrated that people weren't getting up and joining in their chants.

If you want a good atmosphere, sit in the away end, the chelsea fans away from the bridge are so much better than at home, the atmosphere there has severely deteriorated in recent years (coinciding with the huge price increase). I always try and sit in the shed or the matty harding, probably the only places you'll get some chanting.

Away section at any derby in the country and you'll get some good songs

Bobby D's Blues

vCash

vCash
    Yeah I've been to Chelsea-Arsenal... Arsenal fans (who are terrible btw) were so much better than Chelsea. Might be due to the scoreline though...

Problem with away teams is that Chelsea beats them quite easily at home so they just shut up after a while

Just waiting for Panathinaikos to get rid of the ownership (of the last 33 years) and finally breathe freely, beat the corrupt system and have solid transfers (only happened between 2008-2010 where the owners let new shareholders enter and they also had the management)... Then we can come to Stamford Bridge and you'll see what real fans are like, drums and flare free

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j31YX2MXiXQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVrD5VtYghA

good times, unlucky.. but good

vCash
    I'm hoping for this lineup tomorrow

Iva Cahill Terry Cole
    Mikel Lampard
    Sturridge Mata Ramires
    Torres

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Dahh Sneak View Post
    I'm hoping for this lineup tomorrow

Iva Cahill Terry Cole
    Mikel Lampard
    Sturridge Mata Ramires
    Torres

Isn't that offensive?

vCash
    Yea I suppose it is. Whoever is played on the right dictates if it's an offensive or defensive formation. Kalou has a good work rate and tracks back well, and Sturridge will track back but isn't good defensively. I'd actually prefer Sturridge up top and Torres on the right but there's zero chance of that happening. The big thing is, I want Ramires on the left to help with Alves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Dahh Sneak View Post
    Yea I suppose it is. Whoever is played on the right dictates if it's an offensive or defensive formation. Kalou has a good work rate and tracks back well, and Sturridge will track back but isn't good defensively. I'd actually prefer Sturridge up top and Torres on the right but there's zero chance of that happening. The big thing is, I want Ramires on the left to help with Alves.
    Barcelona play a lot different than they use too. Messi roams more towards the middle than play on the wing. Iniesta is more open to the left now too

Alves masche piqué puyol

Busquets

Fabregas Xavi.

Alexis. Messi. Iniesta

With fabregas and iniesta switching a lot

vCash
    I wouldn't be surprised though if Keita started and Barcelona go with a 3-4-3 that switches to a 3-5-2 or a 4-3-3

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast