Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IWantPizza View Post
    Personally, I look at us being 20th overall in the NHL in goals against and, though I attribute some of that to soft play from Bryz, see a defense that isn't physical enough and didn't have a single player that could clear the crease before the trades for Kubina and Grossman. Just my opinion =P

Anyway, those are all fair points. Someone will give Matt Carle 5+/yr, I just hope it isn't us, lol. I think we're better served trading JVR for Schenn (and a pick) and resigning Voracek/Jagr (assuming Prongs is coming back, which is far from certain at this point), or getting Suter and going from there. I'm pretty sure moving JVR's 4+ million and potentially placing Prongs on LTIR again next year should free up a little over $11 million in cap space.

Is that how it works?
    Somewhat. You cannot place a player on LiTR until the first game of the season. But teams must be cap compliant prior to the first game of the season. This means you can't just sign Suter or someone, expecting to LiTR Pronger and be okay. Which means that money can be used for an in-season trade, but not for an offseason signing.

What I think happens? We amnesty Pronger if under the new CBA the provision is in place.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    And if there's no amnesty clause...well, godspeed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    One game = an entire career. News to me.
    I understand this and respect this 100% but at the same time like I said it's more then just one game and there has to be a snowball in order for the snowball affect to take place....or a lead dominio. Just saying...

And for sake a "discussion forum" your one game = an entire career. Tell the to Leighton.......

Quote Originally Posted by delfinko View Post
    To single out 1 defenseman or even 1 player from last night's atrocity is absolutely ridiculous, especially if you're going to single out the wrong person. If you want to talk about someone playing terrible, Kubina was and has been brutal. Really though, the entire team was complete **** after those two 5 on 3s. I'm hardly surprised to read this though, Carle is this year's Jeff Carter. It's like everyone is just looking for flaws in Carle's play rather than watching the actual games.

I'm not saying he was good, but who played well last night? No one on Philadelphia's roster.
    Again im pretty sure I said that in my own original post. Though how many time and how many games can you say "wow really...wtf why would u do that"
    Last edited by fanofphilly; 04-19-2012 at 02:12 PM.

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    I understand this and respect this 100% but at the same time like I said it's more then just one game and there has to be a snowball in order for the snowball affect to take place....or a lead dominio. Just saying...

And for sake a "discussion forum" your one game = an entire career. Tell the to Leighton.......

Again im pretty sure I said that in my own original post. Though how many time and how many games can you say "wow really...wtf why would u do that"
    About as many as people fail to say "hey that was a really nice play Carle!"
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    ^Thanks, I was going to say the same thing, but decided it wasn't worth it.

vCash
    and thats why god made us all different

although in Carles defense i havent liked him since day 1..... so yeah my best friend loves the Sharks, so i saw him "come up" and my friend I guess put a bad taste in my mouth for him because my friend said HAHAHA good luck with him

although I cannot argue with the price we got him for
    Last edited by fanofphilly; 04-19-2012 at 04:05 PM.

vCash
    Eh, carle's not so bad. There are a lot of worse d-men then him. Sometimes we Flyers fans have unrealistic expectations.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Somewhat. You cannot place a player on LiTR until the first game of the season. But teams must be cap compliant prior to the first game of the season. This means you can't just sign Suter or someone, expecting to LiTR Pronger and be okay. Which means that money can be used for an in-season trade, but not for an offseason signing.

What I think happens? We amnesty Pronger if under the new CBA the provision is in place.
    Ah, thank you for the clarification.

I'm gonna miss Prongs when he goes, whenever that is.
    The Squads:
    Flyers - Phillies - Eagles - 76ers

...did anyone bring pizza?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Well, this point is moot. We cannot afford Ryan Suter.

I like Matt Carle. At $5m? Maybe not so much. But I'm with TR. He's not a scrub. And to blame him for last night is a joke. There's 22 guys on the bench who you can blame singling out any and you're just looking for a scapegoat.
    Not sure who this was directed at. If at me, I'm not sure why. I didn't make him a scapegoat for any game. Just wanted to clear that up.
    The Squads:
    Flyers - Phillies - Eagles - 76ers

...did anyone bring pizza?

vCash
    yeah sry to rant on about it. I really havent hated on any other Flyer besides Car Bombs and Carle. thats it and im sorry guys but I really will be glad when he signs elsewhere.

Carbombs still goes down as one of the dumbest trades in the Homer era in my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    Eh, carle's not so bad. There are a lot of worse d-men then him. Sometimes we Flyers fans have unrealistic expectations.
    What do you mean?....Other than expecting them to go 82-0 I don't think Flyers fans are unrealistic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    yeah sry to rant on about it. I really havent hated on any other Flyer besides Car Bombs and Carle. thats it and im sorry guys but I really will be glad when he signs elsewhere.

Carbombs still goes down as one of the dumbest trades in the Homer era in my opinion.
    not so fast. had Homer not traded away upshall for carcillo, he would not have had the cap space to bring up Claude Giroux from the phantoms. i think you've heard of him; he was 3rd in the NHL in scoring this year.

the trade had deeper implications than the actual swap of players.

vCash
    Last edited by Lego My Eggo; 04-22-2012 at 09:22 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IWantPizza View Post
    I like Suter at 5/yr, I think he's a top-defensive pairing guy who would mesh well with Timonen. I just can't stand how Carle plays the game. He makes bonehead mistakes like Shane Victorino for the Phils with half the talent. He's a solid passer, but I truly think this team needs that shutdown guy to put in front of Bryz. I think Suter can be that guy, but I suppose we'd have to see him on his own to know.

If the choice is Jagr AND Voracek vs. Suter, personally I'm going with Suter. I think you can put Schenn on that first line in Jagr's place. He has shown his shot is good enough to finish plays when Giroux makes them, and though he's not as big as Jagr, he's shown how physical and strong he is. I love what Jagr has done this year, but I truly believe Schenn would be an absolute stud if Giroux was dishing to him for a full year.

JVR coming back would be a lift for the team, and I personally still think he's more talented and has higher upside than Voracek (I know they play different positions).

I see our top-3 lines like this next year:

Schenn - Giroux - Hartnell
    Simmonds - Briere - Read
    Wellwood - Couturier - JVR (I know JVR is a center, but with his size, we could move him to the wing and he'd be a wonderful power forward)

D:

Pronger - Suter
    Timonen - Grossman
    Coburn - Gus / Lilja / Coburn

(if Prongs retires, we can retain Voracek, so plan accordingly)

Actually... On second thought, we're stacked at center again. Danny is unmovable, and Voracek has been so valuable. The chemistry on these lines has been wonderful... Maybe we SHOULD move JVR for Luke Schenn and keep the roster intact. Ah, decisions!
    JVR has NEVER ONCE took a shift at center bro. Don't know what the hell youve been watching. My best advice for you is either quit trying to play GM casual hockey fan, or plan 2, go ask the wizard for some brains.
    Last edited by Lego My Eggo; 04-22-2012 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Misspelling

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    not so fast. had Homer not traded away upshall for carcillo, he would not have had the cap space to bring up Claude Giroux from the phantoms. i think you've heard of him; he was 3rd in the NHL in scoring this year.

the trade had deeper implications than the actual swap of players.
    Trade was bad no way you slice it. He had to make the move because we had no wiggle room with the cap, but it was still a bad trade.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast