Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    Trade was bad no way you slice it. He had to make the move because we had no wiggle room with the cap, but it was still a bad trade.
    Surely without the cap stuff that trade never gets made...however, I don't define it as either good or bad...both were different style players and the differences between either at the time weren't enough that it was going to be a reason that we would win or lose...at the time was just two role players.....that's been debated for far more than it's ever been worth in reality. I remember back in the day here...I think the CArter and Richards trades didn't attract as much attention as Uppy did..

vCash
    People were in an uproar because they traded Upshall and a 2nd for a guy that played like a moron. Upshall wad a young player that showed some promise.

vCash
    People were in an uproar because they had a way higher opinion of Upshall than any rational person should've...and also because Carcillo sucked. But mostly the first thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    People were in an uproar because they had a way higher opinion of Upshall than any rational person should've...and also because Carcillo sucked. But mostly the first thing.
    yeah upshall wasn't exactly the cleanest guy off the ice. the fact that carcillo just wasn't that good just added to the hate of the trade.

vCash
    I'm not sure people were irrational in liking Upshall...former 6th pick that was coming into his 3rd full season. People liked his upside(and the 2nd round pick) over a goon. I personally just wasn't a fan of Carcillo at all. He was an absolute loose cannon in Phoenix and that pretty much continued here.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    yeah upshall wasn't exactly the cleanest guy off the ice. the fact that carcillo just wasn't that good just added to the hate of the trade.
    Old City Crew...Upshall seemed to be a pretty big part of that.
    Last edited by Dark Donnie; 04-23-2012 at 11:16 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    I'm not sure people were irrational in liking Upshall...former 6th pick that was coming into his 3rd full season. People liked his upside(and the 2nd round pick) over a goon. I personally just wasn't a fan of Carcillo at all. He was an absolute loose cannon in Phoenix and that pretty much continued here.

Old City Crew...Upshall seemed to be a pretty big part of that.
    I hear you, I just seem to recall most people on this board acting like Upshall was some kind of superstar when he wasn't (and still isn't) even a top-six forward.

vCash
    I hear you, I just seem to recall most people on this board acting like Upshall was some kind of superstar when he wasn't (and still isn't) even a top-six forward.
    Upshall was definitely a top six in Phoenix. He had 20 goals the year we traded him in limited games about 50 or so. He was well more productive for Phoenix than Car Bomb ever was here add that to the fact that we tossed a 2nd rounder on it and bad. Some other trades I didn't love we're the Prongs trade and the Umberger trade.

vCash
    ^I thought the Umberger trade was great. He over-performed and we got a first round pick for it, which ended up being Luca Sbisa, a really nice pick. I loved and hated the Pronger trade. Getting Pronger was great, and gave us a legit shot at the Cup, but even then I thought we gave up too much. Then again, I had high hopes for Sbisa and Lupul.

As for the Upshall trade, I was more upset at how hosed we got. Everyone knew it was a salary dump and we had to give up a 2nd as well? That's awful.

vCash
    I was fine with the Upshall trade because it allowed us to bring Giroux up to the NHL fulltime....I always thought it as Upshall + 2nd Rounder for Claude Giroux & Carcillo...

Just knowing Giroux could play in Philly full time made that trade easier to swallow at the time...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lego My Eggo View Post
    JVR has NEVER ONCE took a shift at center bro. Don't know what the hell youve been watching. My best advice for you is either quit trying to play GM casual hockey fan, or plan 2, go ask the wizard for some brains.
    Wow. Not sure if you're trying to make a name for yourself or what, but the fact that out of everything I wrote, all you got was "This dude listed JVR at center" is astonishing.

Read the whole thread, I admitted my mistake and recanted later when someone else pointed it out.

Or don't.
    The Squads:
    Flyers - Phillies - Eagles - 76ers

...did anyone bring pizza?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    a) JVR isn't a center ... not sure if that was corrected but it needs to be
    It was. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    b) Suter vs Carle ... lol ... Suter 100 out of 100 times over ... Carle is walking after this year unless he signs on for 3.5 million / year like Grossmann
    The point of this thread was the article that accompanied it. Did you get a chance to check it out? Not saying I wouldn't take Suter over Carle, but the "Suter vs. Carle ... lol" comment sounds more like personal opinion than a consideration of what the gentleman wrote.
    The Squads:
    Flyers - Phillies - Eagles - 76ers

...did anyone bring pizza?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456