Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    I dont like the idea of trading for schnieder. It just strikes me as a trade we will regret in a few year.

Cory is not a given to succeed here. He has a good defense infront of him, and has never really had the pressure to he that number 1 guy. Vesa toskala was a good backup and was deemed a #1 in waiting, and out up similar numbers, just like cory. I do think corybis a better goalie but its way too risky to trade those kinda assets for aguy who been backing
    up his whole career.

Its either kipper/scrivens or scrivens/harding or reimer/ scrivens for me.
    I hope schnieder is the next great goalie but for his rumoured price i say no thanks
    i have never heard a rumored price
    just us leaf fans talking about it
    i doubt vancouver has even shopped him

vCash
    Most players aren't publicly shopped. It usually takes a phone call from a rival GM to see what an asking price "might be" for someone and then the ball can start rolling.

vCash
    That didnt answer the question...i havnt heard any rumors other then on here as to what the asking price for schneider is

vCash
    There hasn't been any rumors because he hasn't been shopped.

I don't even know if he will be, realistically he may not but I am just saying if there's even a slim chance he is I think the Leafs jump on it.

Luongo is not gonna happen. His cap hit is gigantic and his contract runs until he's 40 or something. Burke won't touch that with a ten foot pole.

Keep them both Nonis.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Lou cap hit is front loaded it is not huge anymore...that according canuck fans i know

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ktownguy31 View Post
    Lou cap hit is front loaded it is not huge anymore...that according canuck fans i know
    Ok but would you want Lou's contract of 5.3 million from now until he retires?

Keep them both Nonis.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Listening to radio shows and what not today.. it seems as if the GM's are going to push hard in this new CBA for the one time buyout clause where the player is just cut a cheque and gone. No cap hit, no nothing. If that happens then you can bet Luongo will be bought out by the Canucks. If that happens then we should be all over Luongo. He certainly wouldn't fetch 10 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    Listening to radio shows and what not today.. it seems as if the GM's are going to push hard in this new CBA for the one time buyout clause where the player is just cut a cheque and gone. No cap hit, no nothing. If that happens then you can bet Luongo will be bought out by the Canucks. If that happens then we should be all over Luongo. He certainly wouldn't fetch 10 years.
    I knew this would happen the second the nba did it.

Thats why i suggest going after a lecavaleir or luo before it happens, because if their contract is trimmed or cut altogether then their trade price increases dramatically.

Schneider started the game last night leading to more speculation that luo will be gone in the offseason.

vCash
    i have never heard a rumored price
    just us leaf fans talking about it
    i doubt vancouver has even shopped him
    Every toronto newspaper and hockey site has said what a deal might look like for him. A 1st, and a roster player, and a prospect. Thats what every team asks for when dealing a potential number 1 tender.

There havent been toronto specific deals but id be suprised if a first, schenn, and kadri isnt what starts the negotiations.

vCash
    Or you could just go on cap geek and see that he is being paid $6.7m until 2018.

He has a caphit of 5.3m and a salary of 6.7m until he's 39. Then the last 4 years are 3.3m then 3 years of 1m.

He doesnt have a nmc so, assuming the cba stays the same and thats a big if, we could send him down.

Luo is still a good goalie, not where he once was, but still capable of stealing games here and there. He gets treated a bit unfairly in van, andit would probably be the same thing here but hes a goalie that has never had a GAA over 3 in his career playing more than 25 games in a season, and the one time he came close was with those horrible florida teams. Granted we're prolly closer to floridas talent level to vancouvers but i'd put luo at the top of my wish list only because i think the vancouver FO is begging some team to take his cap hit off their books. I just hope we're in there before steve y gets there.

vCash
    Also how bout staal last night? Dudes been in fire for the last 2 gamds he has 5 goals and really stepped up when pitt needed someone to spark the team.

Would love him on this team but pitt would have to get a kings ransom for him.

vCash
    Every toronto newspaper and hockey site has said what a deal might look like for him. A 1st, and a roster player, and a prospect. Thats what every team asks for when dealing a potential number 1 tender.

There havent been toronto specific deals but id be suprised if a first, schenn, and kadri isnt what starts the negotiations.
    This seems to be the deal for every player out there. It's starting to get real old. It just about amounts to-> young slow poor shotted defensman, 13 goal AHL player, and a really nice draft pick for your best player. This is likely why this package hasn't netted us anything yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJamesNaismith View Post
    This seems to be the deal for every player out there. It's starting to get real old. It just about amounts to-> young slow poor shotted defensman, 13 goal AHL player, and a really nice draft pick for your best player. This is likely why this package hasn't netted us anything yet.
    Well, yeah because they're our best tradeable assets. Maybe burke didnt want to trade that awayin the past. No one knows. But i do know that no one in hockey circles reffers to schenn as just a " a slow poor shotted dman" and kadri as a " 13 goal ahler".

vCash
    Well, yeah because they're our best tradeable assets. Maybe burke didnt want to trade that awayin the past. No one knows. But i do know that no one in hockey circles reffers to schenn as just a " a slow poor shotted dman" and kadri as a " 13 goal ahler".
    How can you possibly know that? I would think that anyone who did their homework would see that, at this point it'd be hard to say Brad Ross, Greg McKegg or Jessie Blacker are any less promising than the "trade around gang" (Kadri, Schenn, Colborne and 1st round picks). The thing with potential is that you hope at some point, it's realized. Schenn is still young, yes... but do you really think that he'll ever be anything more than Brooks Orpik? As far as Kadri goes, at this point he's about the 4th or 5th best guy on the Marlies. All this being said, I think it's in our best interest to hang on to all of these guys, because as they are reaching their "best before date" as far as being considered top prospects goes, their trade value is diminishing. These guys are more valuable to the Leafs, than they are to any other teams out there, and I think the sheer amount of our prospects + picks it would take to net us anything of value is evidence of that.

vCash

How do we get bigger and tougher?

One guy isn't going to make or break this team, trading our young players that still have to develop for one guy is a bit much. Why can't we just let these guys develop instead of hitting the panic button all the time. Frustration? I've been cheering for this team since I can remember, so about 25 years, I'm frustrated too. But what I get more frustrated with is constantly raping this teams roster for one guy.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast