Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TravisB View Post
    Luongo will get dealt long before Schneider will. He has outplayed Luongo in the two seasons he's been up with the Canucks. Luongo is 33 and Schneider is 25, if by some chance the Canucks need to tear the team down due to cap reasons or whatever it makes more sense to deal an ageing Luongo. Plus they're starter in the AHL, Eddie Lack, could make the jump soon. His numbers are solid.

If Luongo were to become available, no thanks I'd rather stick with what we have TBH.
    I wouldn't want Luongo no thank you. But I don't think Schneider is untouchable at any means.

Luongo is an extremely tough trade because of his age and cap hit. They may have to wait until his contract expires and there's no way Schneider is around until that happens.

It's totally different then Boston having Thomas and Rask who will be their future #1. Schneider's time is now.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Also, to add, Schneider is an RFA this year.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJamesNaismith View Post
    This is akin to going after Vesa Toskala or Andrew Raycroft. Why would you want to give up what Vancouver would want (especially with our limited resources), for a guy who is a LONG WAY AWAY from ever having proved that he is a capable 1A NHL goaltender. Has he played well in his opportunities?... yes, very well. But unless you want to keep repeating the cycle, you don't make uncertain trades, or gamble with top assests to aquire unproven players.
    I don't even use this much..or hardly ever..but;

The guy has all the intangibles to be a top notch tender. In the last 2 years in the playoffs he's outplayed Roberto Luongo. We're talking about a guy who played in 33 games this year and posted a .937 save %. .937!!! That's absolutely unreal! And no it's not a small sample size, 33 games is enough to level out what you should be. Now I'm not saying Cory Schneider will put up a career .937 save %, the year before in in 25 games he put up a .929. In 6 career playoff games his save % is .922. Anything above .920 is very good, and this guy is 25 years old.

Like someone else said, I would honestly deal #5 for Cory Schneider. The Leafs problem isn't goalscoring, would a #1 C be nice? For sure, but we have problem keeping the puck out of the net, and Schneider would have a tremendous effect on that.

vCash
    Everyone wants Schneider, (including the Canucks)..so they can ask more for him..as the demand would be huge.

I say Luongo would be cheaper (believe it or not)..as he has a huge contract..older...and not as good as Scheider (according to people here). Put all those together..and might have a chance of getting him cheaper than Scheider!

And Luongo is still very good..and an huge upgrade to what we have

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T.O. RaPz--Le@F View Post
    I don't even use this much..or hardly ever..but;

The guy has all the intangibles to be a top notch tender. In the last 2 years in the playoffs he's outplayed Roberto Luongo. We're talking about a guy who played in 33 games this year and posted a .937 save %. .937!!! That's absolutely unreal! And no it's not a small sample size, 33 games is enough to level out what you should be. Now I'm not saying Cory Schneider will put up a career .937 save %, the year before in in 25 games he put up a .929. In 6 career playoff games his save % is .922. Anything above .920 is very good, and this guy is 25 years old.

Like someone else said, I would honestly deal #5 for Cory Schneider. The Leafs problem isn't goalscoring, would a #1 C be nice? For sure, but we have problem keeping the puck out of the net, and Schneider would have a tremendous effect on that.

Thank you, finally someone with some sense.

Well he's 26 but whatever same thing. At 26 years old, he is ready to be a number 1 tender it's not like he's 21-22. The comparison made by the other poster was absurd.

Raycroft and Toskala were nowhere near Schneider's level as far as stats. Raycroft had one impressive season with Boston, then had a horrible year and was dealt here where once again had only one ok year and then went down the tank.

Schneider on the other hand has played in 68 games, and has performed extremely well with a GAA. below 2.20

If he is availble and I strongly believe if they exit in the first round he will be, the Leafs will be calling IMO. I would do what I can to get him, if I were Burke.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian hemi View Post
    Everyone wants Schneider, (including the Canucks)..so they can ask more for him..as the demand would be huge.

I say Luongo would be cheaper (believe it or not)..as he has a huge contract..older...and not as good as Scheider (according to people here). Put all those together..and might have a chance of getting him cheaper than Scheider!

And Luongo is still very good..and an huge upgrade to what we have
    Luongo is a cap hit of 5.3 million until 2022.

He's also 33 and by that time will be... 40 something? My math isn't great.

Anyways, that's ridiculous of a deal. Schneider if indeed signed to a deal will probably earn around 3.5 at the average, 4 mill tops.

That's very reasonable and also less then Luongo who's older by 7 years.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    Thank you, finally someone with some sense.

Well he's 26 but whatever same thing. At 26 years old, he is ready to be a number 1 tender it's not like he's 21-22. The comparison made by the other poster was absurd.

Raycroft and Toskala were nowhere near Schneider's level as far as stats. Raycroft had one impressive season with Boston, then had a horrible year and was dealt here where once again had only one ok year and then went down the tank.

Schneider on the other hand has played in 68 games, and has performed extremely well with a GAA. below 2.20

If he is availble and I strongly believe if they exit in the first round he will be, the Leafs will be calling IMO. I would do what I can to get him, if I were Burke.
    Yeah, and behind Nabokov, Vesa Toskala looked like... well, Corey Schneider... and Andrew Raycroft was a ROY. The later proving that sometimes 1 full season of #1 duties in the NHL isn't a good enough sample size to evaluate a goalie's potential. Plus, you probably wouldn't look THAT bad in net for the Presidents trophy winning 'Nucks either.
    NOW you want to trade #5 overall for that?! Have you considered the limited resources we have to trade? The only difference between the 2 previous bad moves for goalies and this one, is the names involved and the timing.
    How on Gord's green earth have you forgotten how little depth we have?! Did you see Naz's goal total's in the AHL, or the way Colborne folded down the stretch?! We have nearly nothing to move, and you want to move it out for 1 piece!? This is what's broken. Thinking that 1 move would be the difference between being a playoff team and the team that dropped 17 of 20 in crunch time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    This is what every other team will say too. Thats why Schnieder is the one rumoured to be out the door soon.
    I think this as well...for every team but Tampa Bay...been telling my buddy at work all year it will be Lecaviler for Luongo..

if i recall correctly the salaries and term of both contracts are the same..

but it is just a gut feeling..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJamesNaismith View Post
    Yeah, and behind Nabokov, Vesa Toskala looked like... well, Corey Schneider... and Andrew Raycroft was a ROY. The later proving that sometimes 1 full season of #1 duties in the NHL isn't a good enough sample size to evaluate a goalie's potential. Plus, you probably wouldn't look THAT bad in net for the Presidents trophy winning 'Nucks either.
    NOW you want to trade #5 overall for that?! Have you considered the limited resources we have to trade? The only difference between the 2 previous bad moves for goalies and this one, is the names involved and the timing.
    How on Gord's green earth have you forgotten how little depth we have?! Did you see Naz's goal total's in the AHL, or the way Colborne folded down the stretch?! We have nearly nothing to move, and you want to move it out for 1 piece!? This is what's broken. Thinking that 1 move would be the difference between being a playoff team and the team that dropped 17 of 20 in crunch time.

Yeah I did see how they folded, Naz didn't play bad at the AHL level. I'm just saying that Burke needs to make moves, and Schneider could be one. I don't really know what he wold offer but I do know that he has to do something. It's possible.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexanderkeiths View Post
    I think this as well...for every team but Tampa Bay...been telling my buddy at work all year it will be Lecaviler for Luongo..

if i recall correctly the salaries and term of both contracts are the same..

but it is just a gut feeling..
    i could be wrong on the salaries matching after thinking about it ...

it was a while ago when i thought about it....could it have been kesler and luongo for lecavailer...

i am sure ther would need to be something to make the trade fair but on principle Vancouver has a goalie with a big contract they need to trade..tampa needs a goalie and have a contract that hampers them..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Tampa takes that deal in a heartbeat.
    You obviously didn't watch Schenn very much this season.
    **** SIGS

vCash
    Truculence.

vCash
    I could see Schnieder being traded if the right deal is presented but not to the Leafs. If BB deals for a goalie i could see Halak or Elliot traded,Lindersback from Nashville maybe or maybe Bernier. Personally i'd go after Halak,more proven out of the lot.

vCash
    yesh but we need pugnacity, testosterone, truculence and belligerence.... Clarke Macarthur was our only player suspended in a year full of suspensions. Not that suspensions are a good thing but it shows a team with all those hilarious Brian Burke needs and wants. And he has already stated he thinks Reimer is the real deal so I doubt a goalie is in the cards this off season. We need some mean SOB's who can also snipe. After Kulemin and lupul went down with his injury the leafs generated all of there scoring chances off the rush, pretty much nothing hashmarks and down. And no net pressence

vCash
    without a lot of thought into how the leafs would get them 3 players I am a fan of Clarkson, Clutterbuck, and Dustin Brown.

On a side note the way the playoffs have gone so far with toughness and grit and cheap shots I am glad I am not watching the Leafs ***** foot their way to embarassment. I have saw more hits in any game I watched so far in the playoffs than I saw the entire year from the Leafs.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast