Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

How do we get bigger and tougher?

Im sure you guys are watching the 80's and 90's style playoffs re-emerge this year. I think its fair to say the small, speedy, and rather soft leafs wouldnt stand much of a chance just as the penguins and canucks are finding out. Who do you think they should target this off season to give them some truculence and pugnacity but also being a scoring threat.

Stastny
    JVR
    Stoll
    Ryan Jones
    Chris Stewart

Thoughts?

vCash
    Chris Stewart is a good one after the BRUTAL season he had this season. If the Blues are willing to deal him, he should be targetted strongly. He's a beast, capable of scoring 30+ too.

vCash
    Ryan Jones would be the most available there. Chris Stewart is interesting, but I don't know if St. Louis is ready to give up on him yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyk13 View Post
    Im sure you guys are watching the 80's and 90's style playoffs re-emerge this year. I think its fair to say the small, speedy, and rather soft leafs wouldnt stand much of a chance just as the penguins and canucks are finding out. Who do you think they should target this off season to give them some truculence and pugnacity but also being a scoring threat.

Stastny
    JVR
    Stoll
    Ryan Jones
    Chris Stewart

Thoughts?
    Jvr could be had depending on how far philly goes without him.
    Stewart could request a move considering he is an rfa he would be a fan favorite
    Stoll is like bozak imo
    Jones could be had
    stastny could also move in the right deal

All possible targets...

vCash
    Going to be a sexy off season...
    Get the feeilng Burke knows no one significant in free agency is going to sign with us...
    Trades...trades...trades...

vCash
    trade for JVR. superstar PWF potential. with a minimal-ish cap hit. has some injury issues but thats the only reason we could get him for a discount. Schenn+?

Go out and get stewart. that blues team has young solid talent up and down that roster. 2nd + ? or maybe our #5 for Stewart and one of their goalies??? overpayment

Sign Langenbrunner and jason arnott and have bozak centre them.

And Thorton intrigues me a bit. If the SJS dont get out of the first round, i could see them blowing that team up. Thorton, IIRC, has never had a player with kessels speed before. Add in thortons passing ability, and Lupul- Thorton- kessel line would be filthy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by savio vega View Post
    Going to be a sexy off season...
    Get the feeilng Burke knows no one significant in free agency is going to sign with us...
    Trades...trades...trades...
    i'm pumped and ready for it!

vCash
    Instead of using "bigger and stronger" just use truculant. Keep it truculant.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Chris Stewart would be an interesting pickup if he was actually available...he scored 36 goals three years ago but had a off year this season...don't know what the Blues would be looking for since they are one of the most balanced teams in the league

vCash
    Maybe Lupul and spec/pick for Stweart???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    Maybe Lupul and spec/pick for Stweart???
    Lupul, Lashoff, 2nd for Stewart and their back-up. I'd try and expand the deal a bit, but i'd do your deal if that pick/spec is middle of the pack.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    trade for JVR. superstar PWF potential. with a minimal-ish cap hit. has some injury issues but thats the only reason we could get him for a discount. Schenn+?

Go out and get stewart. that blues team has young solid talent up and down that roster. 2nd + ? or maybe our #5 for Stewart and one of their goalies??? overpayment

And Thorton intrigues me a bit. If the SJS dont get out of the first round, i could see them blowing that team up. Thorton, IIRC, has never had a player with kessels speed before. Add in thortons passing ability, and Lupul- Thorton- kessel line would be filthy.
    Luke Schenn's value is down at the moment. I don't think he could be that guy to get JVR. Phialdelphia has a decent core with Coburn, Timonen, Carle, Meszaros, Grossman, and Pronger's still on the roster.

Jason Arnott cannot play the wing, so count out Bozak centering a line with Langenbrunner, and Arnott.

Joe Thornton is interesting, since they have Pavelski and Couture. I think he's there for one more year, at least.

vCash
    Ryan Malone from Tampa Bay would be a nice addition, I remember a rumor a while ago that Burke was after him. Don't know if it will happen though. I would honestly consider trading Schenn for him and like a 2nd or 3rd rounder.
    **** SIGS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunriching7 View Post
    Ryan Malone from Tampa Bay would be a nice addition, I remember a rumor a while ago that Burke was after him. Don't know if it will happen though. I would honestly consider trading Schenn for him and like a 2nd or 3rd rounder.
    Tampa takes that deal in a heartbeat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post

Why would 2 guys in the twilight of their careers want to sign in Toronto? These guys want to win the Cup, not be part of the mess in Leafland

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast