Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    So what number is Parise going to wear in the Winged Wheel next year?
    Last edited by Det4Life; 04-24-2012 at 12:19 PM.

vCash
    #81, the previous owner left a nasty stench there, Parise will clean it off.

vCash
    I don't get why people are acting like we can sign both Suter and Parise. Sure we have 20 million in cap space, but we have a ton of players to resign.

Hudler
    Helm
    Abdelkader
    Stuart
    Quincey
    Lidstrom
    Conklin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redwings13 View Post
    I don't get why people are acting like we can sign both Suter and Parise. Sure we have 20 million in cap space, but we have a ton of players to resign.

Hudler
    Helm
    Abdelkader
    Stuart
    Quincey
    Lidstrom
    Conklin
    You really want all these guys back? Parise/Suter is doable, if they want to come here and if Holland is able to do the smart thing and take the whole loyalty thing out of the picture (ie Holmstrom and continuing to give Nick 6 mill)

Hudler - Hes gotta go...dont re-sign. Its time for change. We need a different type of player..someone like a Shane Doan who would most likely take a bit of a discount rate to win (especially if the Coyotes get bounced in rd 2. hes got a taste now)

Helm - keep

Abdelkader - keep

Stuart - He's leaving

Quincey - Hit the bricks...play Smith. The money you save with Stuart will allow you to sign another Dman as well.

Lidstrom -its time to take a pay cut, im not saying he should only get 2 mill...but come on, 3.5 at this point is reasonable for both sides if he wants one last Cup. If he doesnt like it, then **** it. Time to move on and spend that 6 mill on someone else. I mean honestly, if giving him 6 mill prevented you from signing Suter...thats just stupid. Time to think future too.

Conklin - see ya
    Last edited by Jack_Gordon; 04-24-2012 at 11:00 PM.

vCash

Hudler
    Helm
    Abdelkader
    Stuart
    Quincey
    Lidstrom
    Conklin

Hudler-Keep
    Helm-Keep
    Abdelkader-Rid
    Stuart-Going to Cali
    Quincey-Rid
    Lidstrom-Keep
    Conkin-Rid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Gordon View Post
    You really want all these guys back? Parise/Suter is doable, if they want to come here and if Holland is able to do the smart thing and take the whole loyalty thing out of the picture (ie Holmstrom and continuing to give Nick 6 mill)

Hudler - Hes gotta go...dont re-sign. Its time for change. We need a different type of player..someone like a Shane Doan who would most likely take a bit of a discount rate to win (especially if the Coyotes get bounced in rd 2. hes got a taste now)

Helm - keep

Abdelkader - keep

Stuart - He's leaving

Quincey - Hit the bricks...play Smith. The money you save with Stuart will allow you to sign another Dman as well.

Lidstrom -its time to take a pay cut, im not saying he should only get 2 mill...but come on, 3.5 at this point is reasonable for both sides if he wants one last Cup. If he doesnt like it, then **** it. Time to move on and spend that 6 mill on someone else. I mean honestly, if giving him 6 mill prevented you from signing Suter...thats just stupid. Time to think future too.

Conklin - see ya
    I agree with everything here except for Quincy. He'll be back. But, there is also Holmstrom who should retire. I don't see a spot for him on this team anymore. A net front presence on the PP, fine. But, beyond that... there isn't anything. He said it's either play for the Wings or retire.
    Last edited by Det4Life; 04-24-2012 at 11:50 PM.

vCash
    Getting rid of Quincey seems like an admission of fault. Give up a 1st for a guy then immediately let him go?

vCash
    Better than being too proud to admit fault.

Quincey has not impressed me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Jam Hammer View Post

Well yeah, but is it really time to give up on him already? Do we have a replacement? I admit I'm not as savvy when it comes to the Wings roster as many on here, so that's an honest question ^^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Well yeah, but is it really time to give up on him already? Do we have a replacement? I admit I'm not as savvy when it comes to the Wings roster as many on here, so that's an honest question ^^
    Ummm it depends on what you mean by replace. Honestly he didnt impress, but he also wasnt awful imo. He got put into a pretty tough system with us only getting a couple months to look at him and how he adjusted, I dont think he is worth giving up on. Stuart is gone he pretty much said that in his last interview. He can be replaced by Smith. If Lidstrom is gone well then we cant really afford to let him walk imo. We have no other NHL ready prospects, so we would have to go to FA and while there are obviously some good players out there I would rather have Quincey then at least a fair majority of them. The only problem I have with Quincey is the cap hit he will command.

Also what are others opinion on big Jon? I think there was some improvement from last year and got better as the season went on....kinda hah

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Det4Life View Post
    I agree with everything here except for Quincy. He'll be back. But, there is also Holmstrom who should retire. I don't see a spot for him on this team anymore. A net front presence on the PP, fine. But, beyond that... there isn't anything. He said it's either play for the Wings or retire.
    You just gotta consider Quincey as a rental that didnt work out and move on imo. I mean, he made 3.2 mill last year....theres no way im coming even remotely close to that number in a new deal. I dont think you sign and hang on to a guy just because you traded for him. Bad trades happen, accept it if your Holland and look somewhere else for an answer.

If we bring back Holmstrom, thats one of those signings that may not be for big dollars but will really irritate me. It would be all about loyalty to him and not whats best for the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Ummm it depends on what you mean by replace. Honestly he didnt impress, but he also wasnt awful imo. He got put into a pretty tough system with us only getting a couple months to look at him and how he adjusted, I dont think he is worth giving up on. Stuart is gone he pretty much said that in his last interview. He can be replaced by Smith. If Lidstrom is gone well then we cant really afford to let him walk imo. We have no other NHL ready prospects, so we would have to go to FA and while there are obviously some good players out there I would rather have Quincey then at least a fair majority of them. The only problem I have with Quincey is the cap hit he will command.

Also what are others opinion on big Jon? I think there was some improvement from last year and got better as the season went on....kinda hah
    He is improving. I never understood the negativity he gets from everyone. He's still young. It's taken him time. I mean yeah, he's not great. But, he's not horrible either. I'm not worried about him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Gordon View Post

Helm - keep

Abdelkader - keep

Stuart - He's leaving

Conklin - see ya
    What I meant was that if we signed all of our free agents we would be right up to the cap. It's going to be even more if you replace Stuart with Suter or Hudler with Parise. I'm not great with contracts but I'll give my predictions for how much every player would cost, anyways.

Lidstrom: 5.5 - 6 million
    Helm: 2.5 - 3 million
    Abdelkader: 2 - 2.5 million
    Quincey: 3.5 - 4 million
    Hudler: 3 - 3.5 million
    Conklin/different backup goalie: .75 - 1 million

Suter: 7 million
    Parise:6.5 million

Okay so if we did it the way you wanted us to (keep Helm, Abdelkader, Lidstrom) it's going to leave us with about 10 million at best. I guess we would still have room to sign one of them, preferable Suter, but signing two really isn't possible. Howard is going to get a pretty big raise after this year and Smith will too if he turns out to be as he was predicted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Jam Hammer View Post

I usually agree with you, but I have to disagree here. I thought Quincey looked awesome at times. Inconsistent, sure, but he had some sureal games. He is awesome with his stick. He stopped a lot of scoring plays against Nashville. He also had a few games of 5+ shots on net.

vCash
    What I meant was that if we signed all of our free agents we would be right up to the cap. It's going to be even more if you replace Stuart with Suter or Hudler with Parise. I'm not great with contracts but I'll give my predictions for how much every player would cost, anyways.

Lidstrom: 5.5 - 6 million
    Helm: 2.5 - 3 million
    Abdelkader: 2 - 2.5 million

Quincey: 3.5 - 4 million
    Hudler: 3 - 3.5 million
    Conklin/different backup goalie: .75 - 1 million

Suter: 7 million
    Parise:6.5 million

Okay so if we did it the way you wanted us to (keep Helm, Abdelkader, Lidstrom) it's going to leave us with about 10 million at best. I guess we would still have room to sign one of them, preferable Suter, but signing two really isn't possible. Howard is going to get a pretty big raise after this year and Smith will too if he turns out to be as he was predicted.

As much as I love Helm, he is not worth 3m a year, there are 40 pt players who dont make that much. Same goes for Abby, as much as I like him he is easily replaced.

Lids even if he does come back I dont expect 5.5-6m. I also think Quincey will take a pay cut. We can easily afford one. Dont sign Hudler and we can afford both. Also Smith's next contract wont be a big one.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast