Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I don't understand Moen or Prust. We have Miller, Abby, Eaves, Emmerton, Helm, and Cleary. We lacked a #1 winger. Franzen sucked all year, except the first 20 games.

vCash
    Well here is the way I look at it, Eaves future is unknown and I feel bad for him honestly we dont know with a concussion when he will be back. Emmerton barely makes the cut, Im a fan of the kid but I dont think he really makes it next year. Moen would bring a much more polished game, his game is more physical and I would take him over Abby, Eaves, Emmerton and Miller. Prust is in the same boat, he plays a physical game and is not afraid to drop them. Im sorry but I would really like to see a little more physical game from someone, dont want a roster full of hitters or fighters but I feel like our entire bottom 6 is of the same mold. They all try to play above their role and look like they are trying to be top 6 skill forwards sometimes instead of filling their roles. (My opinion)

Not taking a jab at you, but I am trying my best to stay away from the obvious, the need of a top winger. We need one, by trade, by going after Parise, Semin etc but to me that is obvious and something I trust Kenny will address. We can argue about what top winger and how with Datsyuk they will be a 100pt player, thats cool fine whatever. But I also believe there are other areas that need to be addressed as well I think our bottom six has great speed and work ethic with a flash of offense. But were small, get pushed around and I would love a McCarty type back (Prust) or someone who will get physical and hit (Moen). Dont want a total revamp because what we have works ok but physical play is needed. (Its that opinion thing of mine again)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Fine, give me Milan Lucic.
    The problem is you need to draft the skilled/physical types like a Lucic or Clowe because teams hold onto them. Thats where it all starts and we never draft guys like that. If its someone who plays physical, theyll be like 5'9 170 lbs. What tough forwards have come up through our system in recent memory? We have Mitch Callahan (if he ever makes it up here) and again, he goes 175.

Its obvious that Babcock would like a tougher team that plays more physical... I know we'll never have a Bruins type team but Holland does need to adapt somewhat.
    Last edited by Jack_Gordon; 04-22-2012 at 02:04 PM.

vCash
    We will never have a bruins type team. I like our skilled team, but we do need to adopt a little more physical play.

vCash
    For all who doubt that sweeping changes aren't possible, read on:

Its spend or rebuild time. Lately winning the spending sweepstakes is not a given.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/78...ey-free-agency

vCash
    We're re-tooling, not rebuilding.

vCash
    In the English language, the opposite of spending (re tooling) is re building. This is what Babcock is stating here. You cannot deny that. Modus Ponens in logic dictates if p then q. Babcock just gave you p. You can surmise the rest.

vCash
    what the hell is going on in here?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wingsconsin View Post
    In the English language, the opposite of spending (re tooling) is re building. This is what Babcock is stating here. You cannot deny that. Modus Ponens in logic dictates if p then q. Babcock just gave you p. You can surmise the rest.
    Oh.

vCash
    Oh wow I am going to have fun with this someone wants to talk rules of inference and the concepts of logic!!

First off the opposite of spending in the english language is saving. Trust me english is not my first language and I have had to study it for years.

Also Babcock actually said "We have tons of money and if we can use our cap space to get high-end free agents, we have a shot to get right back on top," that is no where near saying re building.

Also how do you know he is using Modus Ponens? Maybe it is Modus Tollens if P = spending and Q = rebuilding then spending = not rebuilding...that makes good sense to me....... better then spending = rebuilding...because if were re building why would we spend?

vCash
    Heh you said "gave you p". Heh Heh...

I now longer feel that bad about losing in the 1st round now that SJ, VAN and PIT are all out too. I think its a year where an "out of now where" team takes it like LA or FLA.

P.A. Parenteu would be nice to sign if Eaves is done for. 67 pts in 11-12. Could get him for under 2 mil I bet.
    Last edited by westhockeytown; 04-23-2012 at 12:00 AM.

vCash
    If we can somehow get rid of Bertuzzi and Ericsson, that would be a huge. I would trade them for nothing. Ericcson makes a mistake or turns it over every time he touches the puck. Clearing those two out would give up over $5M extra to spend. Smith can replace Ericsson and a number of options can replace Bert. I can see Lidstrom signing a 1 year $5M contract as his TOI was reduced this year. So, for next year, we have Lidstrom, Kronwall, White, Smith, Kindl and a FA as our 6th defenseman. Suter would be great.

As for forwards, we let Hudler definitely walk and I think Holmstrom will retire. Hudler is too slow and weak and we need grit. Young guys like Nyquist and Emmerton will stay up the whole season and I see Thomas Tatar making the team out of camp. Signing Zach Praise would be great.

This will be one of the more exciting offseason's in Detroit in awhile. It will be interesting to see who stays, who goes, and who comes aboard. The playoffs ended too early so next year (hoping it's 22 seasons straight) will be even sweeter. Go Red Wings!

vCash
    By the way, I keep hearing Calle Jarnkrok is something else. Has anyone seen him play?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaradio15 View Post
    By the way, I keep hearing Calle Jarnkrok is something else. Has anyone seen him play?
    He impressed me a ton at the World Juniors two years ago. I like his game more than Pulkkinen's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaradio15 View Post
    Yes he looked good in Worlds, but he looked elite in the SEL playoffs this year. Looks skilled and poised beyond his age.......But I still prefer Pulu

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast