Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I think the Wings should start focusing on quality of shots over quantity. I understand the rebound plan, but it's not working.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    I think the Wings should start focusing on quality of shots over quantity. I understand the rebound plan, but it's not working.
    I agree 100%. Gotta find spots in the middle of the ice.

vCash
    They gotta drive the net awhole lot more. I wish they'd get a few quality odd man rushes/breakaways tonight. It's crazy that they don't get more of those.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaradio15 View Post
    I don't think he was asking for an overhaul. I don't understand why people are so negative to threads on here. Everyone is entitled to their opinion so there's nothing wrong with the initial post. In fact, I agree with him. We need to add some speed and grit to our team. Every year we do fine until the playoffs hit and two things usually happen: (1) we can't match the speed and physicality of our opponent and (2) we face a goaltender that doesn't let anything in. I'm most disappointed in Howard this series. He faces a tenth of the shots we put on Nashville's goal and allows more goals. Three changes that we need: Get rid of Ericsson (he can't clear the zone and can't make a pass without it being intercepted), bring up Smith and Kindl full time, and let Hudler and Quincey walk. Hopefully we can see Lindstrom again and I would like to re-sign Stuart as well. However, both to small contracts. We then add speed and grit to compliment our finesse..
    Wasn't really trying to be negative, but we are in the Stanley Cup playoffs and we are talking about how we can't wait for summer just so we can remake the team. Hate to say it about Lidstrom, he won't be taking a hometown discount. I would have thought he would have done it this past season. As much as I hated on Huds, I think we need to bring him back, unless we can replace him. He did score 20 goals this season, so unless you replace his 20 goals, unfortunately we will need him. If we have someone from GR that will put up 20, then ciao. Anyways, with all this being said, we are still in the playoffs so let's support the team we got now, don't forget we are a streaky team and a big win tonight in Nashvile could go a long way. There is no way this team will lose a game 6 at home. GO WINGS GO
    Green Bay Packers
    Detroit Red Wings
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Toronto Raptors

vCash
    IMO, we need a fighter... a real fighter. Notice how Bert gets into a fight and we win? Maybe its because everyone we have has cups and we need that electricity on some nights. Bert is a first liner and we cant have him in the box all the time.
    The second problem is we They throw 100 shots on net and hope one goes in.... Which is also why we need a big time scorer. We have too many great skaters and two way players. We could win the cup if we add a 100 point caliber player... Like Nash!

And I love Kenny as much as anyone, but I do not think he has made a major successful splash since Bowman was still around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kringle9 View Post
    IMO, we need a fighter... a real fighter. Notice how Bert gets into a fight and we win? Maybe its because everyone we have has cups and we need that electricity on some nights. Bert is a first liner and we cant have him in the box all the time.
    The second problem is we They throw 100 shots on net and hope one goes in.... Which is also why we need a big time scorer. We have too many great skaters and two way players. We could win the cup if we add a 100 point caliber player... Like Nash!

And I love Kenny as much as anyone, but I do not think he has made a major successful splash since Bowman was still around.
    The Wings don't need Nash!!! and he has never sniffed the 100 point mark ever. 79 points once under Hitch. Not saying he's a bad player and he would benefit under the Wings system, but KH will not give the farm away for him.

KH will not sell the farm or give away draft picks like he did with Bowman due to the whole salary cap era.

With that being said, the Wings do need player's that will had grit to the line up, someone who isn't afraid to drive the net and get his nose dirty. The Wings do have a good mix, but the problem is they all what to play like each other, for example, Mule and Bert were once a premier power forward's who would drive the net like no other, but now they play more like Flip, skates wide and peels back looking for the guy in the middle, but there is never anyone there, that's because no one is willing to get open in the slot for a real quality scoring chance.

I'll be honest here and say I'm tired of watching this team skate wide, and throw it at the net looking for a redirect or rebound. There was only one player who tried to get themselves open in the whole Nashville series and it was Huds and I'm not a huge Huds fan, with that in mind I felt he was one of the best player's in that series.

vCash

Agreed. It would be nice to have a guy or two that could actually put up a good fight with Weber instead of trying to grab his leg for the takedown. Not tryin' to knock Bertuzzi, he is what he is...but just sayin'. Im not trying to make this all about fighting but the team just generally needs more aggressiveness. The game i went to i swear the Wings only threw 1 good hit, and that was Kronwall. Nobody it seemed had any interest in checking. There is no intensity on this team. Back a few years ago the Wings didnt fight much but come playoff time you had guys like Franzen and especially Cleary who would up his physical game and throw alot of hits. This year, i saw no difference in physical play between the regular season and the playoffs. Its time for change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Gordon View Post
    Agreed. It would be nice to have a guy or two that could actually put up a good fight with Weber instead of trying to grab his leg for the takedown. Not tryin' to knock Bertuzzi, he is what he is...but just sayin'. Im not trying to make this all about fighting but the team just generally needs more aggressiveness. The game i went to i swear the Wings only threw 1 good hit, and that was Kronwall. Nobody it seemed had any interest in checking. There is no intensity on this team. Back a few years ago the Wings didnt fight much but come playoff time you had guys like Franzen and especially Cleary who would up his physical game and throw alot of hits. This year, i saw no difference in physical play between the regular season and the playoffs. Its time for change.
    I also agree with what you and kringle said. I'll admit that before this season I didn't think we needed a fighter or more toughness at all. Three straight early playoff exits have changed my mind. We have too many skill guys and no true fighters.

vCash
    If Stu heads to the west coast, and Lids stays put, I say maybe Wideman to fill in. Cap hit almost identical. If both walk, Suter.

vCash
    redwings13- Most people take it the wrong way when someone says that the Wings need a fighter...youll get the usual "We dont need Brian McGrattan" or some other extreme response like that. You dont need a bonafide heavyweight, but you need guys who will mix it up. Not to mention the effect on the crowd, a simple scrum can make the crowd at the Joe roar. Why wouldnt you use this to your benefit?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Like we used to.

Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    They gotta drive the net awhole lot more. I wish they'd get a few quality odd man rushes/breakaways tonight. It's crazy that they don't get more of those.
    Agreed. It seems the only line that did that was the third and fourth line. Guys like Abby, Cleary (with the injury), Emmerton, Nyquist, and Mursak have a pretty bad scoring touch.

Bert really isn't a first liner. He's an inconsistent, slow, injured, offensive weapon. He's very soft, but has magic hands. Watching him just says powerplay, but he really doesn't play there.

Rick Nash isn't worth a mega deal. He's a great player, but I just don't think he's 'it'. His cap hit is super high too.

Marian Hossa signing was kind of a big deal. I'd call that a mega splash.

Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    If Stu heads to the west coast, and Lids stays put, I say maybe Wideman to fill in. Cap hit almost identical. If both walk, Suter.
    Dennis Wideman and Ian White? No thanks. Ian White became useless for awhile adjusting to Kyle Quincey. Wideman really isn't the player that we need. I think Stuart's gone, which saddens me greatly. Stuart and Kronwall had a terrible series to be honest. They were out of positon so much. They were each like -5. I don't care, I love Stuart.

I'd look at re-signing Kyle Quincey. If Lidstrom retires or not, we look at Ryan Suter. I'm not sure of Lidstrom's decision. Babcock sounds very confident in a return. Someone said hometown discount, and honestly, 6.7M over those years sounds like a discount to me. I'd like to see 5M, but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Gordon View Post
    redwings13- Most people take it the wrong way when someone says that the Wings need a fighter...youll get the usual "We dont need Brian McGrattan" or some other extreme response like that. You dont need a bonafide heavyweight, but you need guys who will mix it up. Not to mention the effect on the crowd, a simple scrum can make the crowd at the Joe roar. Why wouldnt you use this to your benefit?
    Fine, give me Milan Lucic.

vCash
    Babs said he's happy with defensive depth, but we need more depth at forward. A lot is up in the air on D (Nick and Stuart). We could really use a legit top 6 guy. Pav could use a winger.

Although I hope Gus is in the top 6 next year.

vCash
    I think we will be alright on D. Smith is ready next year so if stu is gone im fine with Smith taking his place. As long as Lids comes back we should be alright, if he doesnt then we have another story.

As far as forward we need more depth. Obviously I would be for Parise but aside from him I would really like to see us try to get Moen (Im pretty sure he is a UFA next year?) or Prust. Prust would be a great addition to those bottom lines. Big physical and not afraid to mix it up, and he plays a pretty solid D game for a "fighter"

vCash
    can anyone direct me to where i can find our cap number going into next year and a list of free agents...thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DetWest54 View Post
    can anyone direct me to where i can find our cap number going into next year and a list of free agents...thanks
    Capgeek.com.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast