Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    He really doesn't play with Alexander Ovechkin.
    Geez, Branny. Out of that whole post you choose to point that out? I didn't mean line-wise BTW, I meant the team-wise. Ovi is the captain and he doesn't motive him. Anyways, I think Semin might need a change of pace. He just might fit in. But it would remind me of the Hossa signing, too.
    Last edited by westhockeytown; 05-17-2012 at 11:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    Geez, Branny. Out of that whole post you choose to point that out? I didn't mean line-wise BTW, I meant the team-wise. Ovi is the captain and he doesn't motive him. Anyways, I think Semin might need a change of pace. He just might fit in. But it would remind me of the Hossa signing, too.
    He still has the likes of Knuble, Laich, and Alzner to motivate him. However, Russian see Russian do a lot of the time.

I don't know about Semin. Skill wise, he's elite. He's just so lazy. I'd give him a 2 year deal, probably 3, at 5M per year.

vCash
    He still has the likes of Knuble, Laich, and Alzner to motivate him. However, Russian see Russian do a lot of the time.

I don't know about Semin. Skill wise, he's elite. He's just so lazy. I'd give him a 2 year deal, probably 3, at 5M per year.
    I'd go lower. Humble him abit. Of course we'd get out bid but if you make 5 mil a year, you better post 40 g, 80+ p a year, every year, at least. Hossa came pretty close, 40 g, 71 p, 74 games played. He needs to work like Hossa for 5 mil IMO.
    I'd give 5 mil to the '08-09 Semin' in a heartbeat though.

vCash
    I'd go lower. Humble him abit. Of course we'd get out bid but if you make 5 mil a year, you better post 40 g, 80+ p a year, every year, at least. Hossa came pretty close, 40 g, 71 p, 74 games played. He needs to work like Hossa for 5 mil IMO.
    I'd give 5 mil to the '08-09 Semin' in a heartbeat though.
    08-09 probably is about 6.5M to be honest. These guys are getting bigger and bigger deals. Semin's not going to come under 5M IMO. I could him and Babs bumping heads though.

Everyone seems to think he'd bounce back here. I'm not sure. Does he have a two-way game? Yes, surprisingly. Does he choose to show it? No

I don't know. He frustrates the hell out of me. You guys can see my posts about Franzen, where I was pissed with his laziness. Semin would drive me nuts.

Marian Hossa started coasting in the SC Finals in 09.

vCash
    I think Semin would do alright, and I think he said all the rights things through his agent. I want to say first yes I believe Semin was lazy in Wash, but could any of that be pointed at the coaches, lack of motivation and an underperforming team where he was Alex #2? If I was a world class player and I was not getting the chances, ice time, attention I deserve and yet the team was still underperforming...I could see where slacking off might come into play...

Now bring him to this team he gets to play with a coach and team with a clear direction (not changing like how it did after the coaching change) and a chance to show im more then just the sniper everyone thinks I am. Semin has a very good defensive game which was clear as day the previous years when he killed penalties. He wants to have a bigger role, 5M for 2-3 years ok sign here

vCash
    08-09 probably is about 6.5M to be honest. These guys are getting bigger and bigger deals. Semin's not going to come under 5M IMO. I could him and Babs bumping heads though.

Everyone seems to think he'd bounce back here. I'm not sure. Does he have a two-way game? Yes, surprisingly. Does he choose to show it? No

I don't know. He frustrates the hell out of me. You guys can see my posts about Franzen, where I was pissed with his laziness. Semin would drive me nuts.

Marian Hossa started coasting in the SC Finals in 09.
    Yeah, that's when I started to think he kinda didn't fit well.

vCash
    Then do the Franzen, 1st, Ericsson, and Jurco trade for Loui Eriksson.

Alexander Semin - Pavel Datsyuk - Todd Bertuzzi
    Loui Eriksson - Henrik Zetterberg - Val Filppula
    Daniel Cleary - Darren Helm - Gustav Nyquist
    Drew Miller - Justin Abdelkader - Patrick Eaves
    Jan Mursak

Can I dream, or what? We'd lose Hudler however.

vCash
    Then do the Franzen, 1st, Ericsson, and Jurco trade for Loui Eriksson.

Alexander Semin - Pavel Datsyuk - Todd Bertuzzi
    Loui Eriksson - Henrik Zetterberg - Val Filppula
    Daniel Cleary - Darren Helm - Gustav Nyquist
    Drew Miller - Justin Abdelkader - Patrick Eaves
    Jan Mursak

Can I dream, or what? We'd lose Hudler however.
    Like the line with Loui Ericksson, except he has a left handed shot, really need a right handed shooter up front, but I would definitely make a exception. I would have to pass on Semin, to many reason why I don't like the guy. But on that note people do change whether he would or not is to be seen. Excellent player when he wants to be.

I still would like this team to get bigger and stronger up front.

vCash
    Maybe we can trade Bert for Iggy, or Clowe.

vCash
    Maybe we can trade Bert for Iggy, or Clowe.
    Ha Ha Clowe. I'd like to have his exceptional moves from bench. Redwings should start stooping to SJ's level of dirty play anyhow. Remember the playoff game where the tried to bury Howie with spray all game?

vCash
    So how about that chemistry between Semin and Datsyuk? lol

vCash
    What I'd like to see next year

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Alexander Semin ($5.000m)
    Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Danny Cleary ($2.800m)
    Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Darren Helm ($2.000m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
    Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.500m) /
    Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) /
    DEFENSEMEN
    Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Ryan Suter ($6.500m)
    Nicklas Lidstrom ($4.500m) / Ian White ($2.875m)
    Kyle Quincey ($3.500m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
    Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /
    GOALTENDERS
    Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)
    Ty Conklin ($0.750m)

Leaves us with a little under 1.5 left

Hudler and Stuart gone
    Suter and Semin signed
    Franzen traded

I did kinda steal this from the who should the red wings sign thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redwings13 View Post
    What I'd like to see next year

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Alexander Semin ($5.000m)
    Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Danny Cleary ($2.800m)
    Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Darren Helm ($2.000m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
    Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.500m) /
    Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) /
    DEFENSEMEN
    Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Ryan Suter ($6.500m)
    Nicklas Lidstrom ($4.500m) / Ian White ($2.875m)
    Kyle Quincey ($3.500m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
    Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /
    GOALTENDERS
    Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)
    Ty Conklin ($0.750m)

Leaves us with a little under 1.5 left

Hudler and Stuart gone
    Suter and Semin signed
    Franzen traded

I did kinda steal this from the who should the red wings sign thread.
    Putting Bert on 3rd line is like trading him, He's tries to prove a point and stops playing once he's bumped down. Unless on without Pavs. He'll stay on 1st, at least for the first month. Unless of course they dump Mule and Huds and Cleary to try to lock up Semin and Parise. Who knows how it's gonna play out. No Conks, Mac all the way if they don't go after someone else. I wouldn't mind Suter for Stu. Would rather see Big E and his huge mistake of a contract gone instead though. No Emmerton either. Not impressed. I do hope Eaves is back. Missed his PK ability.

vCash
    Putting Bert on 3rd line is like trading him, He's tries to prove a point and stops playing once he's bumped down. Unless on without Pavs. He'll stay on 1st, at least for the first month. Unless of course they dump Mule and Huds and Cleary to try to lock up Semin and Parise. Who knows how it's gonna play out. No Conks, Mac all the way if they don't go after someone else. I wouldn't mind Suter for Stu. Would rather see Big E and his huge mistake of a contract gone instead though. No Emmerton either. Not impressed. I do hope Eaves is back. Missed his PK ability.
    I kinda wish Holland wouldn't have resigned Bertuzzi. I'm really not a fan and I don't think he contributes much outside of the shootout.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redwings13 View Post
    I kinda wish Holland wouldn't have resigned Bertuzzi. I'm really not a fan and I don't think he contributes much outside of the shootout.
    It would be interesting to see what line he was on this past season when he got his points. I'm gonna guess Pavs was out there for almost every point.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast