Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

2012-2013 Season

If the Wings lose the first round, I am sure or at least would like to believe K. Holland and team will see the need to add more forwards.

A change needs to occur. Add Doan, Parise and Wideman. I think they can do it. Ken Holland really needs to re-access this team. They have great core players, but Zetterberg and Pav cannot always carry the team. I prefer they get younger and go after Parise or Semin before Doan.

Right now the Wings do not impress me at all. They have lost something and to me, have not been playing their (style of) game. They really have to look at forwards. Bring up Smith for defense. Another year in the AHL does not make sense. Fowards first, then defense. Right now, I am actually looking forward to the summer with this team. If Holland does nothing, it is time for an overhaul in management.

vCash
    We've been having these threads all year long.

vCash
    Ken Holland is the best GM in the league. He isn't going anywhere.

vCash
    I realize we have been having these threads all year long. I am sorry guys. I just want to see a better team. I think we need an improved team. Just expressing my thoughts and feelings.

vCash
    We have an excellent team. Of course everyone wants to see their team improve, but that just can't happen all the time.

vCash
    Blah blah blah Parise blah blah blah Suter blah blah blah Semin blah blah blah. Sorry to be a prick, but I just wanna see them make a substantial run THIS year. I'm sure Kenny knows what he's gotta do when the time is right and he knows where all the free agents heads are at.

vCash
    Agreed with all. And I really like to see them go deep in the playoffs. Did not want to see them lose this first one at home. But the 43 shots on goal was awesome. Rinne really made some great saves. Not sure I understand how Radulov (think I spelled it correctly)... comes back from the KHL just in time for the playoffs. Kinda weird, but I guess the NHL rules allow it.
    Last edited by RWFan; 04-15-2012 at 09:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RWFan View Post
    Agreed with all. And I really like to see them go deep in the playoffs. Did not want to see them lose this first one at home. But the 43 shots on goal was awesome. Rinne really made some great saves. Not sure I understand how Radulov (think I spelled it correctly)... comes back from the KHL just in time for the playoffs. Kinda weird, but I guess the NHL rules allow it.
    Don't even get me started on Radulov...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    Don't even get me started on Radulov...
    Radulov Who?

vCash
    Depending on what happens in game 4 depends on whether we should revisit this thread or no lol. I don't mind the OP taking a look at the offseason and asking the question, for me I'm just focused on now.

Catches: 23 Yards: 210 TDs: 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RWFan View Post
    If the Wings lose the first round, I am sure or at least would like to believe K. Holland and team will see the need to add more forwards.

A change needs to occur. Add Doan, Parise and Wideman. I think they can do it. Ken Holland really needs to re-access this team. They have great core players, but Zetterberg and Pav cannot always carry the team. I prefer they get younger and go after Parise or Semin before Doan.

Right now the Wings do not impress me at all. They have lost something and to me, have not been playing their (style of) game. They really have to look at forwards. Bring up Smith for defense. Another year in the AHL does not make sense. Fowards first, then defense. Right now, I am actually looking forward to the summer with this team. If Holland does nothing, it is time for an overhaul in management.
    Seriously, you are always the first person to hit the panic button. Why do you overhaul a team that has been in the playoffs for 21 staright seasons? You mention you want to get younger and you don't understand why guys are in the AHL, well if we were a team full of young guys we would end up like Edmonton. [I] don't like this looking forward to the summer stuff. Let's focus on beating Nashville.
    Green Bay Packers
    Detroit Red Wings
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Toronto Raptors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeznWingz View Post
    Seriously, you are always the first person to hit the panic button. Why do you overhaul a team that has been in the playoffs for 21 staright seasons? You mention you want to get younger and you don't understand why guys are in the AHL, well if we were a team full of young guys we would end up like Edmonton. [I] don't like this looking forward to the summer stuff. Let's focus on beating Nashville.
    Thanks for this. I'm more worried about the next game than the next season. I would like to see more hockey next month.

Funny thing is I think EDM is looking for older players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeznWingz View Post

I guess you are correct on some level, but I do not want to overhaul the team. It is something that I will not bring up again. Enjoy!

vCash
    I don't think he was asking for an overhaul. I don't understand why people are so negative to threads on here. Everyone is entitled to their opinion so there's nothing wrong with the initial post. In fact, I agree with him. We need to add some speed and grit to our team. Every year we do fine until the playoffs hit and two things usually happen: (1) we can't match the speed and physicality of our opponent and (2) we face a goaltender that doesn't let anything in. I'm most disappointed in Howard this series. He faces a tenth of the shots we put on Nashville's goal and allows more goals. Three changes that we need: Get rid of Ericsson (he can't clear the zone and can't make a pass without it being intercepted), bring up Smith and Kindl full time, and let Hudler and Quincey walk. Hopefully we can see Lindstrom again and I would like to re-sign Stuart as well. However, both to small contracts. We then add speed and grit to compliment our finesse..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaradio15 View Post
    I don't think he was asking for an overhaul. I don't understand why people are so negative to threads on here. Everyone is entitled to their opinion so there's nothing wrong with the initial post. In fact, I agree with him. We need to add some speed and grit to our team. Every year we do fine until the playoffs hit and two things usually happen: (1) we can't match the speed and physicality of our opponent and (2) we face a goaltender that doesn't let anything in. I'm most disappointed in Howard this series. He faces a tenth of the shots we put on Nashville's goal and allows more goals. Three changes that we need: Get rid of Ericsson (he can't clear the zone and can't make a pass without it being intercepted), bring up Smith and Kindl full time, and let Hudler and Quincey walk. Hopefully we can see Lindstrom again and I would like to re-sign Stuart as well. However, both to small contracts. We then add speed and grit to compliment our finesse..
    It's not that we are being negative, it's just this topic comes up in every Wings thread so it gets alittle repeatitive. No biggie, things will prolly change a bit next season. It's time for a new spark.

There's no N in Lidstrom, BTW.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast