Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 184 of 185 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185 LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 2761
    We got blasted tonight. Upgrade all positions with AG being last on the list. Nobody's roster/starting spot is safe. EP had a great game against the bulls but until he starts hitting jumpers and FTs no thank you.

Magic definitely need to go with either Isaac or Tatum

I agree. Isaac has a high floor 6'10 shoots threes and runs like a guard. Tatum will give us a scorer we desperately need. Also wouldn't mind Dennis Smith.

Yeah I like Isaac. Hopefully we're in position to draft him, but I doubt it. We have to lose tonight. I don't really like any of the PGs in this draft besides Fultz. Watched a bit more of Ball and I don't want the Magic to draft him. I can see his potential, but I think he's going to be a project like most PGs. He has to rebuild his shot. I'd rather just keep Elfrid, and draft one of Isaac/Jackson/Monk/Tatum. In that order. I still haven't put too much effort into this, but for now this is my opinion.
    "In today’s small-ball NBA, we think we can beat the **** out of teams in the paint." -Frank Vogel
    “We’re going to invite people to the block party. Just be ready, because they are going to enjoy the block party.”-Ibaka

Idk if Isaac has been injured lately but he's played like poo in the last month. He looks like a project too.

I'm pretty much all in on Tatum. I think Jackson and Fultz will be gone, and I don't want Ball or Fox because Payton has been killing it and I think (read: hope) he's turned the corner. I also am completely turned off on Monk.

I think all things considered, we need to try to draft Fultz, Jackson, Tatum, Ball, Smith Jr, Isaac, or Fox, in that order. Hopefully we end up with a top 5 pick so we can snag Jackson or Tatum. They're exactly what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by RLundi View Post
    Idk if Isaac has been injured lately but he's played like poo in the last month. He looks like a project too.

I'm pretty much all in on Tatum. I think Jackson and Fultz will be gone, and I don't want Ball or Fox because Payton has been killing it and I think (read: hope) he's turned the corner. I also am completely turned off on Monk.

I think all things considered, we need to try to draft Fultz, Jackson, Tatum, Ball, Smith Jr, Isaac, or Fox, in that order. Hopefully we end up with a top 5 pick so we can snag Jackson or Tatum. They're exactly what we need.
    What's turns you off about an absolute scorer?
    2017 NYfG's off-season checklist:
    New Offensive Coordinator [ ]
    Veteran WR to mentor WR core[ ]
    New LT [ ]
    Steve Hauschka[ ]
    Micha Hyde[ ]
    Dontrelle Inman [ ]
    Calais Campbell [ ]
    Malcolm Smith [ ]
    Mike Gillislee[ ]

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    What's turns you off about an absolute scorer?
    Inconsistent and undersized. He reminds me of OJ Mayo, who too was overhyped but couldn't do much of anything besides score out of college. Except Monk is far more inconsistent. When he's on, he's almost unstoppable. When he's off, he can totally disappear or force the issue, shooting you out of a win. No thanks. Most mocks have him outside the top 5, some even out of the top 10. He's still a lottery pick, but I'm not touching him with our first pick.

Inconsistent and undersized. He reminds me of OJ Mayo, who too was overhyped but couldn't do much of anything besides score out of college. Except Monk is far more inconsistent. When he's on, he's almost unstoppable. When he's off, he can totally disappear or force the issue, shooting you out of a win. No thanks. Most mocks have him outside the top 5, some even out of the top 10. He's still a lottery pick, but I'm not touching him with our first pick.
    Lol the things ppl come up with crack me up In this forum nowadays . Undersized? This isn't 90's NBA anymore. Callipari doesn't even used him correctly, and he's averages over 20ppg and yet you call him inconsistent.
    You can not like him but don't make up nonsense like that. Oj mayo was an non shooting ISO ball hog
    New LT [ ]
    Steve Hauschka[ ]
    Micha Hyde[ ]
    Dontrelle Inman [ ]
    Calais Campbell [ ]
    Malcolm Smith [ ]
    Mike Gillislee[ ]

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Lol the things ppl come up with crack me up In this forum nowadays . Undersized? This isn't 90's NBA anymore. Callipari doesn't even used him correctly, and he's averages over 20ppg and yet you call him inconsistent.
    You can not like him but don't make up nonsense like that. Oj mayo was an non shooting ISO ball hog
    MBS, you need to at least try to do some research before you post. Otherwise, you end up looking pretty foolish. I'm now understanding you must not watch a lot of college ball.

OJ Mayo shot almost 7 3-pointers a game at USC, shooting over 40%. He averaged 21 points a game and 3.3 apg. He's also 6-4 and played eerily similarly to Malik Monk.

Malik Monk shoots almost 7 3-pointers a game at UK, shooting over 40%. He averaged 20 points a game and 2.4 apg. He's 6-3 and plays very similarly to Mayo.

And yes, he's undersized. That's why he's called a tweener. Not sure how he's gonna guard bigger NBA SGs but I guess that's not that big a deal, with the likes of Beal and McCollum a little undersized themselves.

And this is how I KNOW you don't watch college basketball and probably just look at ESPN's Big Board twice a week: his last 5 games, he's scored 17 points, 20, 2, 6, 27. And that's not just recently, he's been doing that for the better part of the second half of the season, going for 20, then 10, then 30, then 11. He's inconsistent, and frankly, he doesn't do that much more than score, so if he's not scoring, of what use is he?

You need to watch more college basketball before opening your mouth and declaring something nonsense.

MBS, you need to at least try to do some research before you post. Otherwise, you end up looking pretty foolish. I'm now understanding you must not watch a lot of college ball.

OJ Mayo shot almost 7 3-pointers a game at USC, shooting over 40%. He averaged 21 points a game and 3.3 apg. He's also 6-4 and played eerily similarly to Malik Monk.

Malik Monk shoots almost 7 3-pointers a game at UK, shooting over 40%. He averaged 20 points a game and 2.4 apg. He's 6-3 and plays very similarly to Mayo.

And yes, he's undersized. That's why he's called a tweener. Not sure how he's gonna guard bigger NBA SGs but I guess that's not that big a deal, with the likes of Beal and McCollum a little undersized themselves.

And this is how I KNOW you don't watch college basketball and probably just look at ESPN's Big Board twice a week: his last 5 games, he's scored 17 points, 20, 2, 6, 27. And that's not just recently, he's been doing that for the better part of the second half of the season, going for 20, then 10, then 30, then 11. He's inconsistent, and frankly, he doesn't do that much more than score, so if he's not scoring, of what use is he?

You need to watch more college basketball before opening your mouth and declaring something nonsense.
    If you wanna try to sell me that you watched OJ Mayo in college save your breath lol. Great he shot 3s too............. so what. They play nothing alike. And players aren't the same in the league as they are in Calipari system.

I'm not even gonna entertain your comments about me and my favorite sport college basketball
    New LT [ ]
    Steve Hauschka[ ]
    Micha Hyde[ ]
    Dontrelle Inman [ ]
    Calais Campbell [ ]
    Malcolm Smith [ ]
    Mike Gillislee[ ]

If college basketball is your favorite sport, then my bad, I didn't mean to offend. But it seems you watch certain teams exclusively, which is fine. I myself am not a huge fan of college basketball but most seasons I scout players religiously because the draft is the most exciting point of the NBA season, including when the Magic are in the postseason. 100% not concerned with if you believe me or not, but Mayo and Monk are similar players. With every comment you make about him, you lose more and more credibility.

I see Tatum is rising draft boards. Some even have him over Jackson now. I knew this would happen when ppl started seeing his scoring. I hope the Suns don't take him and we are left with Jackson. I heard Henny likes Jackson hopefully he's not here to decide on the pick.

I'm happy with any of Fultz, Tatum, Jackson, or Ball, and I think in that order. Hopefully we remain in the top 4 and Hennigan is fired.

I'm positive I'd take Jackson over Tatum too. It's not an easy pick though. I love the Danny Granger comparison for Tatum.
    New LT [ ]
    Steve Hauschka[ ]
    Micha Hyde[ ]
    Dontrelle Inman [ ]
    Calais Campbell [ ]
    Malcolm Smith [ ]
    Mike Gillislee[ ]

At this point it really don't matter where we pick because Hennigan will screw the pick up anyway. Every draft pick of his has failed. Oladipo is not even with the team and EP should be a bench player. Gordon I thought would be good but he looks like a one dimensional player. The picks that he's traded away have all been good picks for the other teams and it's old. He needs to go and so dies Martinez but I'm not sure if either will happen. Until Henny's gone I really don't see much upside for this team and I definitely don't see them drafting a "star" player.