Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 191 of 191 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191
Results 2,851 to 2,854 of 2854
    Quote Originally Posted by StreetKing View Post
    Other issues with drafting Monk other than his ability are his fit in the team. Do you guys think he is better than Evan/Ross? If not then why draft him? If so we probably look to deal one of them. Evan is probably harder to move because of salary.
    I don't believe that Evan will be hard to move. He'd be a nice second/3rd option or great 6th man for many teams. He can go to the Bulls, Pacers alongside a star and be their second best scorer. Or he could go to the Spurs, Jazz, ect. And come off the bench. His contract is fine IMO. I think he's a good player, but yes I think Monk has more potential and is a better fit. See how Meeks played in some of the big games he had with Payton. I expect Monk to atleast come and fill that role, but do it better and for 30 mpg/82games. If he can become McCollum, that's also a great fit with Payton. Defensively he needs to be able to guard someone, Payton gives us some flexibility since he's big and strong enough to guard SGs.
    "In today’s small-ball NBA, we think we can beat the **** out of teams in the paint." -Frank Vogel
    “We’re going to invite people to the block party. Just be ready, because they are going to enjoy the block party.”-Ibaka

Quote Originally Posted by macc View Post
    Agreed. Nba used to be my #1 sport since I was a kid. These days it's boring. It's not physical, rivalries don't exist. The great big man is now extinct. They all weigh 30 lbs less and sit at the 3 pt line. The mid range jumper is also extinct, no more back downs and turn around fade aways. It's all 3pts and fast break layups and dunks.

I love hockey now. If you asked me 5 years ago if I would watch a hockey game over nba I would say hell no. Now I watch it more then almost any other sport.

Nba is declining in my eyes
    For me it's mostly just the fact that everyone and their mother could have told you that come June in would be Warriors vs. Cavaliers. It just has made the past two regular seasons feel so meaningless, especially when the Magic had zero chance. There's no regular season or early playoff suspense for me. The playoffs this year have been garbage, and even in the past when I've been busy or disinterested, the playoffs always grasped the entirety of my attention. I've watched very little of it.

I don't mind the modern game quite as much as you, it's really just the lack of anything threatening the two top teams. And hell, I love LeBron...and still hate it. Can't imagine those that hate him and the Warriors....

I too have been watching a lot of hockey. It's just been better. Far more intense and interesting.

When the Magic are fun I'm sure I'll gradually get back on board, but right now the NBA is far from my favorite sport. And that's weird.
    this my sig

Yeah I've also lost a lot of interest. I rarely watch a full game anymore. I've probably only watched 4 or 5 play off games this year. Hopefully the finals make up for this BS.

I also recently learned that Isaac might have asthma? Depending on how severe it is and his current stamina/conditioning he'll drop in my rankings. Too bad.
    "In today’s small-ball NBA, we think we can beat the **** out of teams in the paint." -Frank Vogel
    “We’re going to invite people to the block party. Just be ready, because they are going to enjoy the block party.”-Ibaka

I wouldn't be worried about the Asthma with Isaac. I had it in my teens and grew out of it. Most athletes that have it know how to manage. I've seen him play plenty and I never saw an issue with his conditioning. He did have problems when he would try to bang with bigger post players. He would often tweak a shoulder or hip.