Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 179 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 2682
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11,230
    vCash
    1500

    Official Magic Draft thread

    I guess it's fair enough to start our very own Draft thread. We'll be choosing 17-20
    Great position for Marques Teague, waiters, tyshawn Taylor, rivers, moultrie, Royce white, Featus ezeli, Terrance Ross
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Neither here, Nor there
    Posts
    5,874
    vCash
    1500
    dont know much about the draft but im hoping we can get either a solid PG, or a slashing wing that can defend.
    Youngest GM in the league.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Posts
    64,457
    vCash
    500
    Wroten, Hensen, Nicholson could be around too. I think all three could be serviceable. Harkless intrigues me too. John Jenkins in this system could be a good role/bench player.


    Moultire and Nicholson are personal favorites of mine. I think Moultrie ends up in the lottery though.

    I don't think there's any reason to draft based on position...just take the best player.

    There's some good depth...but the draft doesn't really ever excite me any more with this team. We haven't emphasized youth in a while...
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

    Love y'all!

    Except for all of y'all.

    #FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Neither here, Nor there
    Posts
    5,874
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Wroten, Hensen, Nicholson could be around too. I think all three could be serviceable. Harkless intrigues me too. John Jenkins in this system could be a good role/bench player.


    Moultire and Nicholson are personal favorites of mine. I think Moultrie ends up in the lottery though.

    I don't think there's any reason to draft based on position...just take the best player.

    There's some good depth...but the draft doesn't really ever excite me any more with this team. We haven't emphasized youth in a while...
    I just dont want us to draft a PF or C. Theres not much he can do behind ryno, davis and Dwight. Back up C is not a problem, there are a lot of decent back ups we can get at the vet min.

    I agree about the last sentence though.
    Youngest GM in the league.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Posts
    64,457
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ass View Post
    I just dont want us to draft a PF or C. Theres not much he can do behind ryno, davis and Dwight. Back up C is not a problem, there are a lot of decent back ups we can get at the vet min.

    I agree about the last sentence though.
    Who's to say Anderson and Dwight are here for much longer??? I mean, I don't wanna think about that...but yeah. No rookie is going to help us out greatly in the short term...so, especially since we're drafting in the late first round, we should just worry about getting the best player.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

    Love y'all!

    Except for all of y'all.

    #FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11,230
    vCash
    1500
    We need Marques Teague. Hands down. Draymon Green is gonna go to a great team late in round one. And he is gonna be a great pro
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Posts
    64,457
    vCash
    500
    Meh. I'm not too high on Teague. I don't think he's a "natural" PG...and he's not a good enough shooter to make up for that. I don't think we "need" a guy like him, not at all. Could he be a decent pro? Sure...but he's not gonna help us out all that much in the short term...and so long as Dwight is here, that's all that's going to continue to matter.

    I'm not high on him, and maybe I'm wrong, but I'd much rather take a guy like Henson, White, Jones, Ross, Lamb, Waiters, Jenkins, Nicholson, Wroten etc. over him. There will be players available when we pick that I'll prefer over him.

    But who knows. It's nothing but a crap shoot late in the first round.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

    Love y'all!

    Except for all of y'all.

    #FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11,230
    vCash
    1500
    We need a future pg. he has alot a great things he couldn't show on that all star Kentucky team. Or Terrance Ross. Good sg out of Washington. Great dunker and 3pt shooter

    Ps IMO Kidd gilchrist is the most overrated player I've seen in awhile
    Last edited by MagicBucsSox; 04-14-2012 at 09:57 PM.
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Posts
    64,457
    vCash
    500
    he's not ever going to be a great starting PG though. if that's what we NEED, well, teague isn't going to fill that NEED.



    If PG is all you care about for the future...we aren't ever going to find it in the draft so long as we're drafting in the 20s, unless we get super lucky. And Teague isn't that guy anyways. Average passer, average/below-average shooter, average court-vision, average everything...
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

    Love y'all!

    Except for all of y'all.

    #FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11,230
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    he's not ever going to be a great starting PG though. if that's what we NEED, well, teague isn't going to fill that NEED.



    If PG is all you care about for the future...we aren't ever going to find it in the draft so long as we're drafting in the 20s, unless we get super lucky. And Teague isn't that guy anyways. Average passer, average/below-average shooter, average court-vision, average everything...
    I said Marques Teague not jeff
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13,896
    vCash
    1500
    Honestly, Dwight may not be here too long, let's hope the Nets get a top 3 pick and we can just trade Dwight for that pick (and Lopez + fillers obviously).

    The expectations are visible behind Dwight Howard in LA

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Posts
    64,457
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    I said Marques Teague not jeff
    Haha. I'd take Jeff Teague over Marquis in a heart beat.

    It is "Marquis", too.


    There's a reason Teague is ranked by most draft "experts" in the 30s...he's average, at beast.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

    Love y'all!

    Except for all of y'all.

    #FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,576
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    We need a future pg. he has alot a great things he couldn't show on that all star Kentucky team. Or Terrance Ross. Good sg out of Washington. Great dunker and 3pt shooter

    Ps IMO Kidd gilchrist is the most overrated player I've seen in awhile
    Did you really just say that? Kidd-Gilchrist is going to be nothing short of an all-star in this league, if not a star. Kid is a superb defender and is a pretty good ball handler. I can see him averaging 20+ points, 5+ assists and 7+ boards after a few years in the NBA/

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    I said Marques Teague not jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Haha. I'd take Jeff Teague over Marquis in a heart beat.

    It is "Marquis", too.


    There's a reason Teague is ranked by most draft "experts" in the 30s...he's average, at beast.
    Magic, do you even watch Kentucky? Marquis is just another shooting guard stuck in a point guard's body. He's just a slightly taller Jameer Nelson, but I'd say Jameer is still a better passer and that he's just limited by his height. If it's a point guard you want, you won't find it this late in the draft.

    On another note, I think we need to roll the dice on our pick. I'd love Waiters as a payoff pick. The kid's electric and could turn into something special in the league with the right guys above him.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Posts
    64,457
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by xRage10 View Post
    Magic, do you even watch Kentucky? Marquis is just another shooting guard stuck in a point guard's body. He's just a slightly taller Jameer Nelson, but I'd say Jameer is still a better passer and that he's just limited by his height. If it's a point guard you want, you won't find it this late in the draft.

    On another note, I think we need to roll the dice on our pick. I'd love Waiters as a payoff pick. The kid's electric and could turn into something special in the league with the right guys above him.
    After I read your first paragraph I instantly thought Waiters. I like Waiters for a few reasons. While he's not a great passer, and is probably more of a 2 than a 1 (like Teague), he has a bit more experience, he came off the bench last year, so we know he won't be selfish and we know he can fill that role better right away. I think he could contribute more right away than any guard late in the 1st round
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

    Love y'all!

    Except for all of y'all.

    #FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,013
    vCash
    1500

    Orton

    For everyone saying we do not need to get a big man I was on your bandwagon until I finally SAW orton play last night. He played well (?), but he was not great and he did not run the floor.
    Can I get all the non Bandwagon true fans to stand up?

Page 1 of 179 1231151101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •