• Hardy

47 25.00%
  • Escobar

82 43.62%
  • Jeter

59 31.38%
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    vCash
    I Don't get it jj is having horrible season.

vCash
    I understand his defensive ability, but his offensive both him and Escobar are painful to watch.

vCash
    Wait a second.... you guys are all basically saying that Jeter's been the 3rd best SS out of these 3 this year? Laughing My ********** ***** Off.

Jeter's hitting .326 this year, one of the best clips for a player his age EVER. Only 2 other SS in HISTORY have hit .320 at age 38 or older.

In 2011, Jeter was better than Escobar. Jeter hit .297 with 6 HRs and 61 RBI's to Escobar's .290 with 11 HR's and 48 RBI's. Fewer HR's but more RBI's makes Jeter better. They also had similar fielding numbers. Jeter had 12 errors to Escobar's 14.

This year isn't even a race, thus this poll shouldn't even exist. Jeter's hitting .326 with 11 HR's and 41 RBI's. Escobar? .245 with 7 HR's and 38 RBI's.

And Hardy's only hitting .226 with 11 HR's this year. Only made 5 errors this year, but Jeter's only made 8.

Come on guys, you're talking about a HoFer here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    Wait a second.... you guys are all basically saying that Jeter's been the 3rd best SS out of these 3 this year? Laughing My ********** ***** Off.

Jeter's hitting .326 this year, one of the best clips for a player his age EVER. Only 2 other SS in HISTORY have hit .320 at age 38 or older.

In 2011, Jeter was better than Escobar. Jeter hit .297 with 6 HRs and 61 RBI's to Escobar's .290 with 11 HR's and 48 RBI's. Fewer HR's but more RBI's makes Jeter better. They also had similar fielding numbers. Jeter had 12 errors to Escobar's 14.

This year isn't even a race, thus this poll shouldn't even exist. Jeter's hitting .326 with 11 HR's and 41 RBI's. Escobar? .245 with 7 HR's and 38 RBI's.

And Hardy's only hitting .226 with 11 HR's this year. Only made 5 errors this year, but Jeter's only made 8.

Come on guys, you're talking about a HoFer here.
    Had you bothered to read the thread...

This thread was posted and commented on in April, until someone in his infinite wisdom decided to resurrect it today.

That being said: get out of here, using RBI's in an argument. Really???
    Fewer HR's but more RBI's makes Jeter better.

I sincerely hope you are being sarcastic, and I am missing it...
    Blue Jays Ace Todd Redmond

vCash
    Just another example of how the sabr crowd is wonderful at evaluation and absolutely ****ing awful at prediction. And all of the heat coming at me is just a reflection of that failure.

vCash
    Seriously, how old are you? I have prepubescent cousins who act more mature than you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    Just another example of how the sabr crowd is wonderful at evaluation and absolutely ****ing awful at prediction. And all of the heat coming at me is just a reflection of that failure.
    maybe because nobody can predict the future, ever.

Sabr stats certainly do a better job of it than traditional stats though, that's for damn certain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    maybe because nobody can predict the future, ever.

Sabr stats certainly do a better job of it than traditional stats though, that's for damn certain.
    Maybe because when considering the future you need more than numbers. It never ends with you guys. You're outspokenly right ALL THE TIME.

vCash
    Maybe because when considering the future you need more than numbers. It never ends with you guys. You're outspokenly right ALL THE TIME.
    It's a forum, ya know............where you go to express your opinion.

Who doesn't say their opinion without thinking they are right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    It's a forum, ya know............where you go to express your opinion.

Who doesn't say their opinion without thinking they are right?
    It changes when someone is overly condescending and insulting to those who disagree. What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.

vCash
    Hardy
    Ciriaco
    Escobar
    Jeter

in that order

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Hardy
    Ciriaco
    Escobar
    Jeter

in that order
    Foam Party!

vCash
    It changes when someone is overly condescending and insulting to those who disagree. What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    And another fine example of how you are a prepubescent troll, whose only deluded sense of control comes from necroing an ancient post and saying "haha told you so saber nerds". What happens when you get your *** handed to you on these boards day in and day out by said nerds?

Oh wait, nvm. You just showed us.

Pretty sure this wasn't a prediction thread; the question at the time (during the off-season, in case you forgot) was who ppl thought was the best SS at the time.

Jeter certainly wasn't the best. Nice try.
    Blue Jays Ace Todd Redmond

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StealingSigns View Post
    And another fine example of how you are a prepubescent troll, whose only deluded sense of control comes from necroing an ancient post and saying "haha told you so saber nerds". What happens when you get your *** handed to you on these boards day in and day out by said nerds?

Oh wait, nvm. You just showed us.

Pretty sure this wasn't a prediction thread; the question at the time (during the off-season, in case you forgot) was who ppl thought was the best SS at the time.

Jeter certainly wasn't the best. Nice try.
    lol man that got under your skin a little, eh? Take a Xanax and lie down before you hurt yourself.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast