Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    awesome!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    Rebranding the name will happen, but in New Orleans, people here embrace WINNERS only!
    The fans Stop going to the games when Shinn started penny pinching and cutting/trading players. It all started to go down hill when they traded Tyson Chandler! There's absolutely no truth to the fans didn't connect to the Hornets bcuz of its name lack of New Orleans flavor. When we had CP3/DWest/Tyson Chandler & coach Scott, the Hive stayed packed! It also was packed with Silas coaching Baron Davis/Jamal Mashburn/PJ Brown & company. But Shinn fired Silas after the playoffs, sneakingly hiring Tim Floyd. Silas went to Shinn's house to kick his azz but Shinn never answers the door nor did he come outside......Lil beotch!
    People here are "band wagon fans", and if the Hornets start winning they'll sell out quickly! Look at the Saints!
    Rebranding most certainly won't be the end all, be all in gaining support and/or raising attendance for this franchise. However just like people in Nola love winners they also love new ****. I remember when the 1st Super Wal-Mart opened in Harvey. People were driving down from as far as the North Shore to make grocery there. You know how many grocery stores and/or Wal-Mart you have to pass from the North Shore to get to the West Bank?

This rebranding will create a huge buzz equal to (maybe even greater than) Tom Benson purchasing the franchise and/or the very successful "All In" campaign. It'll be worth it ten fold what ever Mr. Benson pays in fees to change the name. It'll also buy the franchise a couple of years of popularity while we hopefully take our time and rebuild a championship team the proper way.

"Eighteen Twenty-five _______"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Rebranding most certainly won't be the end all, be all in gaining support and/or raising attendance for this franchise. However just like people in Nola love winners they also love new ****. I remember when the 1st Super Wal-Mart opened in Harvey. People were driving down from as far as the North Shore to make grocery there. You know how many grocery stores and/or Wal-Mart you have to pass from the North Shore to get to the West Bank?

This rebranding will create a huge buzz equal to (maybe even greater than) Tom Benson purchasing the franchise and/or the very successful "All In" campaign. It'll be worth it ten fold what ever Mr. Benson pays in fees to change the name. It'll also buy the franchise a couple of years of popularity while we hopefully take our time and rebuild a championship team the proper way.
    Dude, AGAIN.....the support of the franchise is there! Fans have stop going to the games bcuz of the losing! And changing a name "won't" excite people as much as u would thing, that only covers about 2% of the fans entrance in a franchise. Think about it, if Shinn would still be the owner and still doing shady business but he changed the Hornets name, would the people of New Orleans show up an support a crook? Hell No!
    Changing ownership and who's the owner makes all the difference! Tom Benson makes all the sense in the world for New Orleans. He from here, he's staying here, he has his own TV station in WVUE Fox8, he has money and friends with money to invest, he has a history in the NFL as a financial manager, he has an empire that he's building around the Superdome with the buildings that he owns, plus he have "ALl" the States Government officials support here in Louisiana! And adding those NBA Lottery picks plus a young nucleus of talented players on the roster(which YOU constantly say to blow up and start over!?!) the Big Hype and excitement is already there, w/o the name change. The name change will only be icing on the cake. Our Owner have change and That my friend gives this franchise a competitive future!

-Changing a name only helps w/ marketing!- <It's a fact!
    I Want New Orleans Jazz -or- The New Orleans Blues

PS
    EJ is a Elite player who's a franchise SG and a closer! You said he wasn't
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 04-15-2012 at 05:21 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffG20 View Post
    true that....if they win they will come. but i still believe a small part of it has to do with not feeling like its their team
    Jeff I 100% agree dude. It does have a small effect on the franchise, that's why I truly support a name change!

vCash
    Dude, AGAIN.....the support of the franchise is there! Fans have stop going to the games bcuz of the losing! And changing a name "won't" excite people as much as u would thing, that only covers about 2% of the fans entrance in a franchise. Think about it, if Shinn would still be the owner and still doing shady business but he changed the Hornets name, would the people of New Orleans show up an support a crook? Hell No!
    Changing ownership and who's the owner makes all the difference! Tom Benson makes all the sense in the world for New Orleans. He from here, he's staying here, he has his own TV station in WVUE Fox8, he has money and friends with money to invest, he has a history in the NFL as a financial manager, he has an empire that he's building around the Superdome with the buildings that he owns, plus he have "ALl" the States Government officials support here in Louisiana! And adding those NBA Lottery picks plus a young nucleus of talented players on the roster(which YOU constantly say to blow up and start over!?!) the Big Hype and excitement is already there, w/o the name change. The name change will only be icing on the cake. Our Owner have change and That my friend gives this franchise a competitive future!

-Changing a name only helps w/ marketing!- <It's a fact!
    I Want New Orleans Jazz -or- The New Orleans Blues

PS
    EJ is a Elite player who's a franchise SG and a closer! You said he wasn't
    I understand that the name change is merely cosmetic. I also understand that if we didn't have a new owner that changing the name wouldn't be nearly as impactful. I'm fully aware of the support for the team. We sold 10,000 season tickets during a lockout. Benson is a million times more important than a name change. Now can we get to what I'm saying. The name change gives the city all the things Benson brings to the franchise in a tangible "ready now" form.

As far as Gordon when have I ever said he can't be a franchise player or closer? Only thing I said is he's not a 25 player which I still don't think he is. He has the talent/potential(which ever you prefer), but that doesn't mean he'll reach it.

And were you not the person who said you had inside info and that Benson was definitely not buying the Hornets?

vCash
    I understand that the name change is merely cosmetic. I also understand that if we didn't have a new owner that changing the name wouldn't be nearly as impactful. I'm fully aware of the support for the team. We sold 10,000 season tickets during a lockout. Benson is a million times more important than a name change. Now can we get to what I'm saying. The name change gives the city all the things Benson brings to the franchise in a tangible "ready now" form.

As far as Gordon when have I ever said he can't be a franchise player or closer? Only thing I said is he's not a 25 player which I still don't think he is. He has the talent/potential(which ever you prefer), but that doesn't mean he'll reach it.

And were you not the person who said you had inside info and that Benson was definitely not buying the Hornets?
    On the info that I had at that time, Tom Benson wasn't that interested in the team. It's well documented that Benson came in at the final hour and made his push.

Back in the name crap,
    The people here in New Orleans are already at the mind set in which you are speaking. So the name change won't do what you're saying it would do. Ownership changing names are just like players changing numbers, it's marketing, which only affects the money of a franchise/player.

EJ not being a Top 25 player in your eyes speaks volume of you basketball IQ! You stand alone with your assessment! Well over 80% of bloggers on other sites disagree with your thinking dude. Stop it!!!!!!

*Why don't u just make your list of your Top 25 players in the NBA
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 04-16-2012 at 01:07 AM.

vCash
    On the info that I had at that time, Tom Benson wasn't that interested in the team. It's well documented that Benson came in at the final hour and made his push.

Back in the name crap,
    The people here in New Orleans are already at the mind set in which you are speaking. So the name change won't do what you're saying it would do. Ownership changing names are just like players changing numbers, it's marketing, which only affects the money of a franchise/player.

EJ not being a Top 25 player in your eyes speaks volume of you basketball IQ! You stand alone with your assessment! Well over 80% of bloggers on other sites disagree with your thinking dude. Stop it!!!!!!

*Why don't u just make your list of your Top 25 players in the NBA
    We'll considering dude has yet to prove he can be durable enough to hold up a season I don't think he can be considered a top 25 player by default.

James
    Howard
    Paul
    Anthony
    Wade
    Bryant
    Nowitzki
    Love
    Aldridge
    Gay
    Randolph
    Stoudemire
    Parker
    Duncan
    Bosh
    J.Smith
    J.Johnson
    Horford
    Rose
    P.Gasol
    Bynum
    Griffin
    Rondo
    Pierce
    D.Williams

vCash
    Now Throne, this list is what makes opinions/debates great! You should start a thread on this topic bcuz I disagree w/ you on J Smith & A Horford being better than EJ! Even Randolph bcuz EJ is an Olympic selection winner! Don't mention health being a factor in not listing EJ in your Top 25, bcuz you have Andrew Bynum listed.
    Good list bro
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 04-16-2012 at 01:37 PM.

vCash
    -cont-

Tim Duncan is no longer a Top 25 player due to age only!
    Stoudemire isn't a Top 25 player either nor is Joe Johnson(no ATL players)

*EJ is on the same level as Kevin Love, Griffin & Aldridge, great young talent!

vCash
    -cont-

Tim Duncan is no longer a Top 25 player due to age only!
    Stoudemire isn't a Top 25 player either nor is Joe Johnson(no ATL players)

*EJ is on the same level as Kevin Love, Griffin & Aldridge, great young talent!
    Honestly I don't think he's far behind those guys. The middle of next year I could easily see Gordon top 17 player. However he has to stay healthy in order to stay productive enough to break my top 25.

I thought Greg Oden showed so much talent and potential(Hell I still would be thrilled if the Hornets signed him for the right price this offseason).

vCash
    Honestly I don't think he's far behind those guys. The middle of next year I could easily see Gordon top 17 player. However he has to stay healthy in order to stay productive enough to break my top 25.

I thought Greg Oden showed so much talent and potential(Hell I still would be thrilled if the Hornets signed him for the right price this offseason).

Our list are different but its tastfully done with a conclusion. Good stuff D!
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 04-16-2012 at 05:22 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12